Start by marking “Playing at Being Bad: The Hidden Resilience of Troubled Teens” as Want to Read:
Playing at Being Bad: The Hidden Resilience of Troubled Teens

Playing at Being Bad: The Hidden Resilience of Troubled Teens

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  1 review
“Our most troubled youth are far more resilient and healthy than we are ready to admit. If we take the time to listen very closely to our children speak about their experiences beyond our front doors, we hear an entirely different story about their lives than the one we adults tell.”

Unlike many other books about difficult kids that reflect the wisdom of adults, this one ex
Published August 7th 2007 by McClelland & Stewart (first published January 22nd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Playing at Being Bad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing at Being Bad

I found this at Second Story, one of my favorite used bookstores. I didn't buy it, but I got so engrossed that I stood there and read the entire thing (sorry Second Story staff, I promise I _do_ buy things sometimes!).

The author is a child and family therapist in Canada, and his thesis is simple but often overlooked.

Basically, he argues that it's important to listen to the stories that teenagers tell about their lives, and respect their right to make choices. He also makes the point that teena
Kammie marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Patrick marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Tess marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Robyn Mills
Robyn Mills marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Leanne added it
Mar 17, 2014
Megan Catherine
Megan Catherine marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2012
Tracy Legrand
Tracy Legrand marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2012
Amanda marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Frank Spencer
Frank Spencer marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2012
Kelly marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2012
Nicole marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2011