Start by marking “The Chronicles of Robin Hood” as Want to Read:
The Chronicles of Robin Hood

The Chronicles of Robin Hood

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  132 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
De verhalen over Robin Hood spelen in de 13e eeuw. Robin wordt vogelvrij verklaard en verschuilt zich in de bossen van Sherwood Forest. Hij en zijn mannen beroven de rijken, sparen de armen, doden niemand die hen met rust laat maar zijn zonder pardon voor hun vijanden. Ze wagen zich alleen buiten hun veilige bossen om de onderdrukten te helpen...
Dit boek werd in 1971 bekro
Published (first published 1950)

To ask other readers questions about The Chronicles of Robin Hood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chronicles of Robin Hood

Kara
Nov 27, 2011 Kara added it
Shelves: robin-hood

Its a solid telling of the old ballads in prose form rather than any sort of twisty re-telling. A fun read - and a really good time in a sweet, nostaglic way to revisit the characters as they orginally were.

I really apprectaied the fact that Sutcliff manages not to make it sound like the characters are in a Leave It To Beaver production of Robin Hood with 1950's slang - as much of the historical fiction written in the 1950's is guilty of.

Also, she doesn't indulge in pseudo-medieval speech - no t
Lenihan
May 11, 2010 Lenihan rated it it was amazing
I read this book for the first time when I was ten, twelve years old. My library had a Dutch version of the book, and I absolutely loved it. I must have borrowed it at least five more times after that. When I was fourteen, I went looking to purchase this book, but unfortunately, it was no longer for sale anywhere, not in Dutch, not in English. I spent ten years looking for this book, and I finally found a brand new Japanese copy and a second-hand, first edition English copy. No words can express ...more
Kay
Oct 12, 2009 Kay rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, robin-hood
This was the version of Robin Hood I grew up reading - well written, exciting and perfect to intrigue a young mind with a life and time that is in the past. The good thing about legends like this is that they never go out of fashion and teach us more about the kind of person we'd like to be.
Frida - Photos and Books
Nov 01, 2012 Frida - Photos and Books rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
Om jag inte hade haft mamma precis bredvid mig när jag läste slutet skulle jag nog gråtit i floder! Jag älskar verkligen Robin Hood och hans gäng och nu gillar jag även honom i bokform, inte enbart i filmform :)
Anja
Oct 05, 2011 Anja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
aldo zirsov
May 16, 2010 aldo zirsov rated it really liked it
karena ngidam dan ngiri sama mbak Lita, akhirnya dapat juga buku ini secara tidak sengaja. emang kalo jodoh, tak akan lari robin hood dikejar...:p
lita
Jan 26, 2010 lita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novel-english
belum bisa bikin review...masih terpana sama ceritanya :D
Kate Hammond
Kate Hammond rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Emma
Emma added it
Jun 09, 2016
Ilaria Tomasini
Ilaria Tomasini rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Daniel Gabrielsen
Daniel Gabrielsen rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
Alia
Alia marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Pattie Godfrey
Pattie Godfrey marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Hanke
Hanke rated it really liked it
May 04, 2016
Jan Heinimann
Jan Heinimann rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Lotte Knollema
Lotte Knollema marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Igor Kucejev
Igor Kucejev marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Jenni Halverson
Jenni Halverson marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Christoph
Christoph rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
C.A.
C.A. marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Kieran J.
Kieran J. rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Dan Ryan
Dan Ryan rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Catalina
Catalina is currently reading it
Jan 26, 2016
Jamie B.
Jamie B. rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Abby Rose
Abby Rose marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
  • Robin Hood
  • Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest
  • De Stomme van Kampen
  • Robin Hood
  • Star Trek Insurrection (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • The Maude Reed Tale
  • Fagin the Jew
  • The Ugly Duchess
  • Achtste-groepers huilen niet
  • The Last of the Just
Rosemary Sutcliff was a British novelist, best known as a writer of highly acclaimed historical fiction. Although primarily a children's author, the quality and depth of her writing also appeals to adults, she herself once commenting that she wrote "for children of all ages from nine to ninety."

Born in West Clandon, Surrey, Sutcliff spent her early youth in Malta and other naval bases where her fa
More about Rosemary Sutcliff...