Start by marking “16 Isn't Always Sweet” as Want to Read:
16 Isn't Always Sweet

16 Isn't Always Sweet

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  393 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
From best friend to frenemy to flat-out enemy

Published March 1st 2008 by Harlequin Kimani

To ask other readers questions about 16 Isn't Always Sweet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 16 Isn't Always Sweet

Nyasa
In the book 16 Isn't Always Sweet Jordan who turned 16 is no longer a ugly duckling and is getting all the attention. But her friend Adrienne won't stand for it especially since the one giving Jordan is Adriennes ex boyfriend of like a day. From then on Adrienne goes from being Jordans best friend to being her worst enemy, and while Jordans life is horrible Adrienne is sucking it up enjoying it with her noew 'friends'.
I think this is a text to world. I say it's a text to world becuase alot of
Danica digo
Oct 22, 2008 Danica digo marked it as to-read
For her Sweet 16, Jordan Wright gets rid of the frizzy hair, the conservative clothes, and finally likes the hip new girl smiling in the mirror. So when she hears about an open casting call for the hottest rapper's new video, she has the confidence to go for it. She and her best friend, Adrienne, try out with hundreds of hopefuls, but only Jordan makes it. Adrienne seems fine with it. But when Jordan starts getting some serious attention, Adrienne turns into a hater. And after Jordan has an inno ...more
Brandi
Feb 14, 2013 Brandi rated it liked it
Recommends it for: high school girls
Recommended to Brandi by: myself, and book review websites
I like the cover and the title goes along perfectly with the book. I think the writing is a little juvenile. Like the situations that go on, but maybe it's because I'm 19. Oh, well. It's a lot of repetitiveness in the writing, like one girl said. It's borderline cliche, like the characters and the situations that happen. I was frustrated at Jordan, because she wouldn't fight, or stick up for herself well enough, but overall it's a good book, and I give Cassandra Carter props for writing it. I wo ...more
Kamyra
Nov 10, 2013 Kamyra rated it really liked it
This is about a girl named Jordan, who finally turned 16 and she hates her life. Jordan gets into a conflict between her and her "Bestfriend" because a boy chose Jordan over her. Jordan's "Bestfriend" begins spreading rumors about her. Jordan feels betrayed and very hurt by this. she asks her mom what she should do and her mother tells her to just leave it alone. to find out what Jordan does you'll just have to read the book to get the full experience. I think this is a great book for teens to r ...more
Lanetta
Sep 08, 2009 Lanetta rated it it was amazing
The book showed an idealistic view of what urban teen girlsgo through. Trying to save theirselves till marriage and being constantly pressure by the media to become someone they are not. In high school, I have gonw through similar situations that the main character, Jordan, has encountered. I highly thank the aithor and the Kimani Tru series for forwarding the issues of what black teens witness in society in a fictitious format.
Shelsey Valdez
Feb 09, 2011 Shelsey Valdez rated it really liked it
Shelves:
So far I have read this & am already read the first chapter. It is about a girl named Jordan who gets really dressed up for her party. In the back, It says that her bestfriend hated on her because they tried out for a music video & only Jordan got it. Her Best friend spreads rumors just to ruin her life.
Tiffany Graham
Mar 14, 2011 Tiffany Graham rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
illlllllllllloooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this book girl watch who your friends are and don't let a boy be the issue of why yall are no longer friends because if she doesn't want 2 be friends any more then yall were never friends from the start.
Claire Dawn
Dec 20, 2011 Claire Dawn rated it it was ok
I didn't like the random point of view shifts. The book follows Jordan, but we'll jump out her head for a convenient few paragraphs every now and again. Also, I thought there was a lot of redundancy in the writing.

The story itself was ok.
Destiney Jones
Jul 08, 2012 Destiney Jones rated it it was amazing
Janyah Canise
Nov 20, 2013 Janyah Canise rated it it was amazing
This book was amazingly good! It took me probably 2 days to read it and I couldn't put it down! I would totally recommend it to a lot of people !!
Renee
Jun 09, 2009 Renee rated it it was amazing
this book was amazing. I really think that the characters in this book can adapt to me.
Tor`nel Joye
Oct 29, 2009 Tor`nel Joye rated it it was amazing
this book so GREat.i love how the young gurl pushed to show who she really was.
Tyreshamccullen
Nov 16, 2012 Tyreshamccullen rated it liked it
the book is a good book so far i love the book
Misslishababii
Jan 25, 2010 Emmonie Hart rated it really liked it
Good book!
Rayzin
Aug 29, 2010 Rayzin rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books and I have read it like 5 times. When i first picked it up i couldnt put it down and i had to read it twice for sure. Jordan has just turned sixteen and has lost the frizzy hair and the glasses and the lame clothes.When she hears about her favorite rapper having a casting for his hot new video her and her bestfriend Adrianna tries out. But only she is excepted. She knew she would be happy for her and she said she was. But with the her bumpig into Adrianna's Ex bo ...more
The Rex
Jan 21, 2016 The Rex rated it liked it
This novel is considered Juvenile Fiction, and it is EXACTLY that. If I was a teenager, I would have really enjoyed this book, but as an adult, I was instead made to feel really uncomfortable at the thought of two 16 year olds being intimate, and or engaging in sex. Good thing there wasn't too much of that in the book.
Lefty Kalaitzis
Jun 05, 2011 Lefty Kalaitzis rated it it was amazing
This book was outstanding. It is about the ups and downs of being a teenager specifically a sixteen year old girl. Jordan is sixteen and feels like becoming independent and is ready for some change , she stops covering herself up and tries out for a once in a lifetime chance of becoming a co-star in a music video with her favorite rapper. She gets the role but in the process she loses her bestfriend which could be very tragic to a teenage girl because a bestfriend is like a girl's diary and is l ...more
Robyn White
i thought this book was good when i first read it. it shows the struggle of a teenage life.
Cristal Rodriguez
This is about a girl who Just turned 16 and cant stand her life. She has a Bestfriend But she found Her with her Bestfriends Man. so Now her Bestfriends Is Doubting her. Shes Really Mad because Friends are sopose to Come first But her "Bestfriend" decided to Believe someone Else. She Doesnt know what to do, she decides to ask Her Mom. her Mom tells her is best to leave her alone And Thats what She Does. i think this is Very Crazy Because How her Bestfriend Decides to Believe someone else And tur ...more
Tia C.
Mar 29, 2010 Tia C. rated it it was amazing
Its about a girl named Jordan Wright who is having friend problems with her friend, all because Jordan and some other friends wanted to be in a music video after her parents said not too. Jordan got into the music video and her friend didn't. But as Jordan friend saw Jordan hugging her ex-boyfriend, she started saying hurtful things about her that stares messing up her life.
Yolo
Aug 04, 2012 Yolo rated it liked it
16 isn't always sweet was an okay read. It kept me interested but some parts pissed me off. At times the author would have obvious spelling mistakes or confuse the reader on who was talking.I loved her relationship with her boyfriend and hated her ex best friend Adrienne.
I could really relate to the main character because sometimes I just want to grow up so fast.
*Mrs. Brightside*
Jun 06, 2011 *Mrs. Brightside* rated it really liked it
This book was actually pretty good. I found Jordan annoying since she was a weak girl, and she didn't really listen. Ugh! I felt a little/i> bad for that other mean girl (I think her name is Adrienne.) since her birthday wasn't great): but overall, it was a good read.
nae-babe is
Jul 12, 2011 nae-babe is rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is good so far. It is talking about her friends and how her mother died. it was goog her mother died. she disrespects her father. and her fatheer is getting married. his wife dont like his kids and she is trying to get rid of them..
Diana
May 10, 2012 Diana rated it liked it
Well, this a book for younger readers, 17 and up in my opinion. It gets kind of boring in certain places but overall it was a decent read, short and to the point. I just feel kind of "blah" about it, I didn't love it but I don't hate it.
Andrece Winton
This book is very intriguing. It has all the real drama of teen girls today, including the obsticles of over coming jealousy and hatred that most girls our age toward eachother.
kilah
Nov 23, 2008 kilah added it
i just read this book before to kill a mocking bird n i learned that u cant get everythang wen u 16 cuz ....16 is too much for her
Katherine
Jan 04, 2010 Katherine rated it liked it
A middle-schooler recommended this to me. The girls are mean, the men are sleezy, and Jordan has some tough decisions to make.
  • Deal With It (Indigo Summer #6)
  • Gettin' Hooked
  • Fast Forward (Kenisha Lewis, #2)
  • Chasing Romeo (BFF Novel #1)
  • Spin It Like That
  • Shrink to Fit
  • Dirty Jersey
  • Lesson Learned (Keysha, #3)
  • First Semester
Cassandra Charisse Carter was born on Tuesday, February 21, 1989 in Reading,
Pennsylvania. She is the only child of Susan L. Green and Randall C. Carter, and the product of a single-parent home. She is best known for her young adult novels, "Fast Life"(July 2007) and "16 Isn't Always Sweet" (March 2008).

From the time she was a young girl, Cassandra exhibited a passion for writing. Her talent was fi
More about Cassandra Carter...