The Gazebo (The McDaniels #2)
A PAST FULL OF SECRETS
When former wild child Deirdre McDaniel clears out her childhood home, she comes face-to-face with a lifetime of memories and failures. Once she'd dreamed of making it big, but her high school pregnancy had changed all that. Now co-owner of a B&B, Deirdre struggles to make up for lost time with her daughter, to overcome the demons of her past and
1. She HATES him--a lot. (Come to that she hates a lot of people, which of course makes her
2. so lovable to everyone anyway.
3. he beats up three large undesirables and later another jerk and never hears a peep.
4. Suddenly, people at the 17 year(?) class reunion are truly sorry
5. She runs an apparently busy B & B, but is never there to see to it.
6. Her crusty old father "uncrusts" and becomes father of t ...more
WRONG WAR. I was so enjoying this book until then (about a hundred pages in). If he is 75 years old in 2006, he was born in 1931, and when the Vietnam war started he would have been in his 30's! He did NOT serve in Vietnam at age 18, he served in KOREA and it would have been as a twenty-something. This was a simple fact-check that s ...more
Pseudonyms: Kimberleigh Caitlin and Kim Cates.