Start by marking “The Price of Pleasure (Saurellian Federation, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Price of Pleasure (Saurellian Federation, #1)

The Price of Pleasure (Saurellian Federation #1)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  493 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Book 1 in the Saurellian Federation series.

A slave desperate for freedom.

A warlord incapable of love.

Neither Seth nor Calla harbor false hope for their futures-until their worlds collide in war. Now the rules have changed and the stakes are higher than either could have imagined.

Seth and Calla have one chance to change their destinies and the fates of their people hinge on
Published April 15th 2003 by Ellora's Cave (first published April 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Price of Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Price of Pleasure

Ral's Woman by Laurann DohnerClaimed by Evangeline AndersonDemon Possession by Kiersten FayHunted by Evangeline AndersonBurning Up Flint by Laurann Dohner
Best Erotic Scifi Romance
234th out of 507 books — 817 voters
Tempted by Megan HartThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonSexy Devil by Sasha WhiteLover Mine by J.R. WardLord of the Deep by Dawn Thompson
Hottest Romance/Erotica Covers
443rd out of 935 books — 1,191 voters

More lists with this book...

Carolyn F.
Calla's a slave working at a hostel on a space station that has been captured in a war. She's cleaning one of the rooms and Seth is in there. They get together if you know what I mean, but she tells him she's married after they finish because if she's caught by the owner she'll be sold to a pimp for a prostitute at a mining facility who don't live long. Seth doesn't know why he's so attracted to her although wish the quicky nature of their fling he didn't get more than a cursory look at her. Cal ...more
texxie-prufreads.blogspot.com
Originally reviewed at http://prufreads.blogspot.com/

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars

"I want you to forget all your other clients, every other man in your life, and think of only me. You're mine, and at this moment I want to be in you more than I've ever wanted anything in my entire life. Do you want me?"

~Seth

O.O take a number sister...

So Price of Pleasure is yet another surprise goodie that has been hanging out on my kindle for far too long. I'm not a sci-fi kind of girl but I gave it a go and I
Donna J
3 stars for an okay read.

The sex in this book was hot and there was plenty of it.

However I would have liked to have had more background on the MC Seth, and more world building. The stations sounded interesting but weren't explored nearly enough, IMO!

At times it seemed the only thing that was happening in the story was the sex. Again, I would have enjoyed this story more if the plot and characters had been a little more fleshed!
Krystal
I really liked the plot of this story. It went a little fast for me and I wished more details were given but I did enjoy this. The chemistry between the Seth and Calla was good n the secondary characters were good as well. I connected just fine. Excited to read the next one to see what happens next.
Christina Lyn
Oh I've been reading this the whole afternoon and A lot of question are swimming in my head right now? Calla's dead? Seth also dead? I thought they survived? I'm so confused at the ending....
BookBunny
I read the Reapers books by this author (and loved them), and was looking for other books by the same author. Well, I really really wanted to love this book, I didn't. The Reapers books were written 10 years after these books, and obviously the writing style, content, e.t.c. has improved greatly.

This book was amateur basically. The Reapers books are in a totally different class (a much better class).

Maybe one day the author will rewrite these. I bought this book in a single book containing the s
Heather Wiese
Calla was born and raised a slave, Seth is an alien whose species is taking over the planet. It's nothing personal, he's just a soldier fighting against the current Empire.

One day she is cleaning up his room when he catches her, thinking she is spying. They both end up having some sort of inexplicable lust and have a one-encounter-stand. Then Calla kinda freaks that she is going to be found out by her master (the owner of the inn she works at) and to escape tells Seth she is married to a man who
Megpie
I didn't really know what to expect going into this book but I surprisingly loved it. The synopsis had me hooked from the first few sentences.

A slave desperate for freedom.

A warlord incapable of love.

I mean what's not to like:
Sci-Fi Romance-Check!
Amazing Plot-Check!
Hot Aliens-Check!
Erotica-Check!

Seriously the first chapter had me not wanting to put this book down for anything. I loved the sci-fi world that the author built. It was very thought out and written very well. I loved the different
Melissa
I am going to give this one 3 stars. I loved the world that this book is in. The concept is GREAT. I loved the characters. I mean what is not to love? I mean, you have big badass alien alpha men, who are hot as hell and perform in bed like nobody's business. If an alien ever invaded I would want it to be like these guys. The chemistry between Calla and Seth is hot as hell. The side characters leave room for more books. I am dying to know what is going to happen in Jax' story. The chemistry their ...more
Laurie
I'm not that much into the Science Fiction genre, but this book was awesome!

Calla was born into slavery and now works in a hostel. She enters a room to change the linens, tidy the room, etc. when someone grabs her from behind and demands to know who she is. While he is confirming her identity, he begins to touch her in places that make her want more. He gives it to her. He tells her he wants more from her later and she panics. She, off the top of her head, tells him that she is married and that
Dianne
This book deserves 4 stars. It is about Calla, a slave working at a hostel, who falls in love with Saurellian commander, Seth. Saurellians are looking for their lifemates to complete them but they can only be Saurellian women. Calla doesn't believe she has a chance at all with him. Things change when she changes her identity to Devora and follows him outside of her slave captivity to look for her best friend, Jess. This book had me hooked from the start. I'm normally a contemporary romance kinda ...more
Maria Kaye
It was okay. I had high expectations since Joanna Wylde (the author) wrote "Reaper's Property", which is by far one of my favorite reads of 2014. Plus I was kind of excited since it was about aliens.

To me the book was a bit all over the place. I didn't like the characters at all, they were too stupid to tell each other the truth so they lied to each other, thus causing problems that would've been easily avoided. And the cover is just horrendous.
Vivian
This was a decent read, enough to get me to buy two more in the series. There were a lot of word mistakes in the first half of the story, which was frustrating at times. I got through and finished the story. I was lucky to get the story on sale, but now it is back to full price. The only thing is, I don't believe the story is worth 7 dollars.

This story is not for everyone.
Kimberlyn
I found this story to be creative and original. Sexy. Very sexy. I think there is hot steamy action within the first couple of pages (like, go get some cold water & take a second action). I s'pose that's why I love Wylde so much. She doesn't have to toy around and hesitate with the action, stringing you along until the magical 2/3rds formula releases the whammy. She can open with lusty scenes and still nail it (excuse the pun) it terms of character and plot development. From where I'm sittin ...more
Amy Softa
Not a bad book for a free Nook download, better than I thought it would be. Quick read, took me so long cause I was reading two books at once. Lots of steamy parts, plenty of action, and a decent well thought out plot. Will check to see if it is there is a next book, wouldn't mind learning about what happens to the other characters and see how things turn out for the main couple. Kind of liked how the religous fanatics where written, they reminded me of people I used to know who were just as clo ...more
Linda
Calla, a slave at a hostel, finally gets fed up when her best friend gets sold, and flees. With the help of a friend, she gets a new name and the help to contract a safe passage of the planet to try and find her best friend. Little did she know that the soldier that contracts her is the one she can´t forget from the hostel.
Seth couldn´t say no to Calla the first time they met, and now this pleasure worker is reminding him of her in more than one way.
Sci fi, romance and smutty fluff.
Angarad
Nice beginning but who are the characters for real?? We get a bit of Calla´s story, some falshes of her relationship with Jess but that´s it.
As for Seth and the Saurellain race, we know NOTHING. Who are they, why they came, their purpose. We only know about their life-mate, or lack-of.
And the univers around, even less details.
I read Reper´s property before and loved it but this book was lacking. Too bad really, I liked the plot-
Kelly
Fun and fast paced. The sex was sexy and these aliens know how to rock your world! I'm always down for some naughty alien sexin'. As I'm sure everyone knows at this point.

This book was a free Kindle download I picked up 09/24/12 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Vanessa Jaye
Really liked the world-building and the relationship between the H/h. I'm a sucker for the uber obsessed/possessive Alpha hero, so loved that aspect. The sexxoring was hot & plentiful but not at the expense of plot/story. However there was a feeling of sameness with some of the lovescenes & even with scenes between the H/h compared to other characters hook ups.
Leslie Jane Fahrney
Great book, with romance, adventure, deception and villians. One of the few books where I understood and agreed with the reasons for the hero and heroine keeping secrets. I rooted for them to get past the problems to be able to get to the happy ever after. And easily see a couple of other characters that are crying out for their own stories.
Jess
Interesting concept that kept me interested throughout and also had well written sex scenes and a fairly decent plotline. It did keep reminding me of another book, which I can't place at the moment but I'm sure it will come to me eventually. I'll give the other books in this series a shot.
Douglas
Not a bad book. The inability for the protaganists to recognize each other after having sex pushed my suspension of disbelief to it's maximum. It's a good set-up to what I hope will be a good series.
Bethany
I have not been able to crack over to the side of paranormal or in this case different planets and worlds.
I did not love it or hate it, so I will rank it as "Just Ok".
Lauren R. -CherryRed's Reads
Was a good quick read! Liked the alien/human part of the characters! If men were that into having sex, there would be a lot of happy women out there!

Angela
I enjoyed this book. It has what I like in a scifi; Big Alien dude, sexy scenes and a girl who could use a break.
Patricia
ya know what, all i'm gonna say is 1. this book is hot, hot, hot! and 2. can't wait to read jax's story ;)
Lauren
Loved this book! It wasn't just smut, it was entertaining smut with a good story.
Dena
Intriguing story and the author put it all out there the emotions including the pain.
  • Ja-Rael's Lioness
  • Lionheart (StarQuest, #1)
  • Therian Prey (Therian Heat, #1)
  • Breeding Ground
  • Cyborg (Cyberevolution, #4)
  • Daryk Hunter (Daryk World, #1)
  • Seducer (Sensual Captivity, #1)
  • Of Another Dimension
  • Dragon's Kiss (Shadow of the Dragon, #1)
  • Alien, Mine
  • Starkissed
  • Doing Thyme (Alien Affairs, #1)
  • Charlie's Bargain
  • Demon Possession (Shadow Quest, #1)
  • The Bond That Consumes Us (Eternal Bond, #3)
  • Hold
  • The Abduction (Sa Tskir Brothers Chronicles, #1)
  • Talson's Wait (Talson Temptations, #1)
Joanna Wylde is a freelance writer and voracious reader. You can visit her website at www.joannawylde.net.
More about Joanna Wylde...

Saurellian Federation (3 books)
  • The Price of Freedom (Saurellian Federation, #2)
  • Jerred's Price (Saurellian Federation, #3)
Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1) Reaper's Legacy (Reapers MC, #2) Devil's Game (Reapers MC, #3) Reaper's Stand (Reapers MC, #4) Be Careful What You Wish For