Start by marking “The Mystery of the Missing Treasure” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Missing Treasure

The Mystery of the Missing Treasure

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Published June 1st 1987 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Missing Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Missing Treasure

Christina
In this book there is a boy, Pete, who moves into a new town. The story is based on him traveling back in time to help solve the town's mystery. It is not just a time-travel story though. It describes it as "Zeb" the boy from 100 years ago controlling his mind. It talks about the ghost of Zeb coming back from the grave to control Pete. It also talks briefly about ESP and astral projection.

The story is well-written, if it were a basic time traveler story I would have considered it more appropriat...more
Marc
Doggy Stuck!

.....And that about sums up my 3/5. So-so book and, at times, I wanted to just put it down. (The book, not the dog!)

Positives:
Entertaining (towards the middle/end)
Fast read
Likable main character (Pete)

Cons:
Meh beginning
Plot and mystery were so-so
Characters needed more development

Overall, I did enjoy this book, regardless of how that cute dog at the top says otherwise, it just wasn't one of my favorites. I wasn't able to get immersed into the material either.

For a quick and somewhat enjoyable re...more
Heather
This was a fun book when I was about 10. I reread it often. Easy and clear writing had the element of whimisical science fiction I like.
Lisa
Lisa added it
Sep 18, 2014
Katie
Katie added it
Sep 06, 2014
Elda Campa acuña
Elda Campa acuña marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Edith
Edith added it
Mar 24, 2013
Edith
Edith is currently reading it
Mar 23, 2013
Jacquelyn
Jacquelyn marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
May 06, 2012
John
John added it
Mar 14, 2009
Zannachan
Zannachan marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2008
Moby Dick (Saddleback Classics) Tale of Two Cities (Adapted) Master of Shadows Mystery of the Haunted Trail Family Reunion (Double Fastback Mystery)