Start by marking “Beethoven: His Life & Music [With CD]” as Want to Read:
Beethoven: His Life & Music [With CD]

Beethoven: His Life & Music [With CD]

Sourcebooks MediaFusion and Naxos proudly present this fascinating biography, complete with two CDs of his greatest works plus an exclusive website with extended compositions.
Jeremy Siepmann draws an accessible portrait of the turbulent, troubled but determined figure of Beethoven, regarded by many as the greatest composer who ever lived. And with the words comes the musi
Published June 1st 2006 by Sourcebooks Mediafusion (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Beethoven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beethoven

Chrissie
If you listen to music by Beethoven you simply cannot remain unmoved! How is this achieved? That none of us know, but after reading this book I do know about the events of his life and which pieces he composed just then. It is insightful to hear the music he composed as you learn of these events. It is a sad story, and not just due to his impending deafness. I hope that is enough to whet your interest. I highly recommend audiobooks narrated and authored by Jeremy Siepmann.
Sydney Young
Sep 26, 2014 Sydney Young rated it liked it
Makes a great case for Beethoven. I didn't realize there were so many of his works I don't know in addition to the ones I do. Chopin is still my favorite, but I have new music to explore now and I do recognize the genius.
Jill
May 09, 2014 Jill rated it liked it
I thought I'd failed to download all the parts to the audiobook, because it ended so abruptly. I was hoping for so much more, but what was there was nice. I loved that the listener gets to hear the compositions they're talking about. I learned a lot about Beethoven, who has always been my favorite classical composer. What remarkable talent and a fascinating, though rather sad life.
Marianne
Jan 11, 2016 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a audio book that merges the story of his life with his music. It explains what was happening at the time and how it affected his movie. The more you know.....the more you appreciate and this is definitely true with this CD. I will appreciate Beethoven's music so much more going forward.
Karl Tenney
All I can say is WOW. I've long been interested in Beethoven's life but I had no idea it was so tortured. I can't wait to meet him and thank him for his music.
Peter Galamaga
Apr 25, 2011 Peter Galamaga rated it it was amazing
These are hands down the best audio books I've ever listened to. A detailed and interesting account of the composer's life interspersed with relevant examples of the music. Fantastic!
WendyMcP
This audiobook injects Beethoven's music at appropriate points of the narrative to illustrate the interconnection of his life and work. It gets the job done, but the writing is mediocre.
Madison
Nov 17, 2012 Madison rated it really liked it
I'm reviewing this over a year after I finished it. According to my memory, it was pretty good.
Lisa
Aug 08, 2014 Lisa rated it liked it
Mixture of appreciation of the music and a light biography. Should read more of Jeremy Siepmann's bios.
aloveiz
Nov 18, 2012 aloveiz rated it really liked it
Excellent biography
Patience
Apr 03, 2014 Patience rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I still like Beethoven in spite of reading this book. I guess I follow the masses.
Chioma Chukwura
Apr 09, 2016 Chioma Chukwura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Fantastic Read. It is amazing how he could compose such beautiful music deaf. I shouldn't never limit myself.
Sukhita
Sukhita rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2015
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Lili
Lili rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2016
Arthur
Arthur rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2015
George Manning
George Manning rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2011
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2014
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2013
Gail
Gail rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2012
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2008
Ryan Tyler Smith
Ryan Tyler Smith rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2013
Mayra Galvan
Mayra Galvan rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2012
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2015
Felicia
Felicia rated it it was ok
Dec 15, 2016
Stella
Stella rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Taylor Ward
Taylor Ward rated it it was ok
Oct 02, 2016
Jöhn
Jöhn rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2011
Annachka
Annachka rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2008