Start by marking “Beethoven: His Life & Music [With CD]” as Want to Read:
Beethoven: His Life & Music [With CD]

Beethoven: His Life & Music [With CD]

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Sourcebooks MediaFusion and Naxos proudly present this fascinating biography, complete with two CDs of his greatest works plus an exclusive website with extended compositions.
Jeremy Siepmann draws an accessible portrait of the turbulent, troubled but determined figure of Beethoven, regarded by many as the greatest composer who ever lived. And with the words comes the musi
Published June 1st 2006 by Sourcebooks Mediafusion (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Beethoven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beethoven

Chrissie
If you listen to music by Beethoven you simply cannot remain unmoved! How is this achieved? That none of us know, but after reading this book I do know about the events of his life and which pieces he composed just then. It is insightful to hear the music he composed as you learn of these events. It is a sad story, and not just due to his impending deafness. I hope that is enough to whet your interest. I highly recommend audiobooks narrated and authored by Jeremy Siepmann.
Jill
I thought I'd failed to download all the parts to the audiobook, because it ended so abruptly. I was hoping for so much more, but what was there was nice. I loved that the listener gets to hear the compositions they're talking about. I learned a lot about Beethoven, who has always been my favorite classical composer. What remarkable talent and a fascinating, though rather sad life.
Sydney Young
Makes a great case for Beethoven. I didn't realize there were so many of his works I don't know in addition to the ones I do. Chopin is still my favorite, but I have new music to explore now and I do recognize the genius.
Patience
I still like Beethoven in spite of reading this book. I guess I follow the masses.
Peter Galamaga
These are hands down the best audio books I've ever listened to. A detailed and interesting account of the composer's life interspersed with relevant examples of the music. Fantastic!
Karl Tenney
All I can say is WOW. I've long been interested in Beethoven's life but I had no idea it was so tortured. I can't wait to meet him and thank him for his music.
Lisa
Mixture of appreciation of the music and a light biography. Should read more of Jeremy Siepmann's bios.
Madison
I'm reviewing this over a year after I finished it. According to my memory, it was pretty good.
aloveiz
Excellent biography
Bernice
Bernice marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Al
Al added it
Dec 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Life and Works of Chopin Mozart with 2 CDs: His Life & Music (Naxos Books) Chopin, the Reluctant Romantic Life & Works of Bach Tchaikovsky: His Life & Music