Start Your Own Business (Start Your Own Business: The Only Start-Up Book You'll Ever Need)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  5 reviews

Everything you need to start a successful business...except the money. (But we'll show you how to get that, too!)

Previous editions of this bestselling book have already helped hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs achieve their dreams. Now, the revised and updated Third Edition is packed with additional advice on new topics, including:

How to get new business ideas Secr...more
Published March 24th 2004 by Entrepreneur Press

To ask other readers questions about Start Your Own Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Start Your Own Business

Chad Warner
I liked Small Business For Dummies, but felt that I should get a second opinion. This book covered many of the same topics as the Dummies book, but seemed to be more detailed, and of generally higher quality. I'm not surprised, because it's authored by the senior vice president and editorial director of Entrepreneur Magazine.

The Dummies book was structured by topic (accounting, sales, taxes, etc.), but this one is arranged by action item (start a homebased business, get business insurance, promo...more
Jeremy
Jan 27, 2014 Jeremy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Entrepreneurs, Business Owners
Shelves: business
I like to regularly look at my coaching business and my investments as if I'm starting anew and bought Start Your Own Business as a standard to check against. It had a few items I incorporated, but is designed for someone starting a business from scratch. Its worth the effort to read before learning by trial and error.
Josh Readmore
A good introduction to what it takes. However, this book is rather too thick in my opinion, and is perhaps too broad to be truly useful. This book covers all types of businesses from store front services to manufacturing to bars to software concerns and more. While there is much in common between every business, there is much difference, too.
Khachaturian
this book was dumb i already knew all that its for dumbasses who dont know ahow to do there business
Nduwayezu
Feb 08, 2013 Nduwayezu marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
this book is very important for me as someone who want to be his own boss
Fatoon Mohammed
Fatoon Mohammed marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Kitx
Kitx marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Nathan
Nathan is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2014
Ricardo Belchior
Ricardo Belchior marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Hugo Monteiro
Hugo Monteiro marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Jeremy
Jeremy is currently reading it
Jul 25, 2014
J C
J C marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Vitor
Vitor marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Yatish
Yatish marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
W Qvist
W Qvist marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Joey Lopez
Joey Lopez marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Dharmala
Dharmala marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Carlos D Marrero
Carlos D Marrero marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Angel
Angel added it
Jun 09, 2014
Arlene G
Arlene G marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Start Your Own Business: The Only Start-Up Book You'll Ever Need Young Millionaires: Inspiring Stories to Ignite Your Entrepreneurial Dreams 303 Marketing Tips Get Smart!: 365 Tips to Boost Your Entrepreneurial IQ Ultimate Book of Franchises