Start by marking “Battlefield of the Mind for Teens: Winning the Battle in Your Mind” as Want to Read:
Battlefield of the Mind for Teens: Winning the Battle in Your Mind

Battlefield of the Mind for Teens: Winning the Battle in Your Mind

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  313 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Made teen-friendly with contemporary language, BATTLEFIELD OF THE MIND FOR TEENS equips a new audience desperately in need of guidance with a means of winning the war raging inside them.
Published June 13th 2006 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Battlefield of the Mind for Teens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battlefield of the Mind for Teens

Katie
My older sister gave me this book after she had began the Adult version. I was skeptical at first because my mom watches Joyce Meyer on television every once and a while and though I'd never listened to her, I was worried she was going to not be able to connect and write to teens like my sister had hoped.

I was SO wrong. She says exactly what she means and I could connect and understand what she meant!!! It was inspiring to read it -- it makes you want to get out there and DO something!! I'd love
soyburger
This book was given to me by my youth pastor at my church. I regularly attend there, and I probably have the best attendance record for Wednesday night in my grade besides maybe her daughter. At the time, I was going through a tough time in my life dealing with some ghosts from my past. Cheryl, my youth pastor, had set me up going to a therapist to try to help me then also gave me this book.

This book is filled with ways to get your way of thinking, and by default your life, in the correct way:
Dreamergirl
This book will definitely change the way people look at faith and the way you actually look at the world. I fell in love with this book since I saw it on the internet a few weeks ago. The way Meyer takes everything we face in reality, takes us through a thousand examples and proves God's love for every one of us is unbelievable. I hope to be as optimistic as her one day... I can't take anything out of this book and say I didn't like it because it was so authentic and beautiful. I want to make th ...more
Mariah
When I was in 8th grade I would wake up at 6:30 and go into my mom's room to find her watching Joyce Meyers and I would take my clothes in her room and get ready watching this show. As I got older things happened in my life where I let down on my spiritual life and more on well the not so good life. I regained my spiritual life by reading this book. I often have to refer to it or re-read it over and over. It is a very powerful book, and has answers that no one else can answer, but God and the Bi ...more
Panda Incognito
At a very difficult point in my life where I was greatly struggling with controlling my mind and not thinking thoughts I did not want in my brain, I decided to give this book a try in hopes that it might have some helpful tips for how to practically "take every thought captive." It turns out that the book was almost entirely geared towards convincing teens that sex out of marriage was a bad idea. Even though there is a need for that kind of instruction, I was supremely annoyed that this book tho ...more
Alyson
Jun 25, 2010 Alyson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: I would def. recommend this book!
Recommended to Alyson by: My mommy!
This was one of the best books I have ever read.
Cris
Haven't read the adult version, but I think that one is better. This book was good and solid, but for some reason, I didn't connect to it as well as I thought I would.
Felipe Navas
It's to basic , you expect more tips or ideas to change ; this book doesn't offer you that .
Damaris Sanchez
Nov 10, 2007 Damaris Sanchez rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: to those searching for answers...
I loved this book. This book reminds me a lot of the Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Series where teens would read the book whenever they are troubled about something going in school or at. This book helped me think about how i should view life and my life as a whole. The book opened my eyes to new perspectives basically and the author was trying to reach out to people who have fears within themselves. I'll admit it...i have fears too just like everyone else....so Joyce Mayers tries to tackle ...more
Malou
This was a really nice book. That's why a gave a copy of it to my sister.
Averi
While reading this book I have noticed a positive change in my attitude and view of life. Battlefield of the Mind gives examples of everyday struggles and worries then shows a Godly way to get through the challenges. Joyce Meyer provides her own life experiences as well as experiences of everyday teenagers. She uses scriptures that relate to the topic being discussed in the book at the time. I recommend this book to anyone, not just young people.
Kara
Great book for a church group and teens (older teens 14 ish and up) talks about many of those topics some parents would like to keep not mentioned. How God would like us to deal with them. The part I didn't like is it often did a lot of what Joyce (author) felt or what she has experienced in her life. I am cold and callous, but I couldn't care less about her life experiences.
Levene
Wow. This WILL definetly change the way you think, after reading this I'm more optomistic than before. This book is a MUST! As Joyce Meyer explains her theory of thinking and how the biggest battle we might ever encounter is within our own minds. Me, being a teenager I can say this book doesn't even bore me...if anything it changed me.
Such great advice for keeping your mind guarded against evil thoughts and desires. Many of the things she mentioned I thought "Pshh I don't have problems with that" only to realize as she explained it that I was struggling in that area of my life. Awesome book, I definitely recommend it!
Rachel
This was a great book about how to defend your mind against evil thoughts. There are so many things that harm your mind that you don't even realize are negative. This was a great devotional book. It definitely makes you think about your daily thoughts.
Nigeria
Amazing! Extremely powerful in many aspects of life! I have learned so much and it is a book that I will never forget. It is more like a guide than anything and I am just so grateful to have read it!
Michael
When I first started this book it was a bit patronizing, but once I moved past that I was really able to absorb the blessing that Joyce Meyer is through her teachings. Definitely recommend.
Shae
I loved the language and writing style of the novel. Joyce Meyer unambiguously leveled the line of thought and the everyday type of tumultuous self-conversation that takes place in everyone's mind.
Ally
Jul 18, 2014 Ally rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teens who are in doubt about God
Recommended to Ally by: my mother
now that I know how to read these kinds of books it's time to try again. And this time was much better. ---1/8/14

August 9-13 2011: sooo boring.
Lovedone
A book that I'll never forget. A truly transforming book. You can even read it 10 times and still learn something new every time.
Sara Sutherland
It definately helped me understand alot of things I didn't know about my mind.
Katelyn
Very good book i really recommend this boook i loved it so much
Kelsey Taylor
Fantastic, detailed, and captivating. Very helpful in itself.
Taj
good book. being forced to read it but i dont regret it.....
Jamie
Takes a few chapters to get into. chiristian book
Brenda Lamer-cunningham
Great self help book. Learned a lot.
Indah
  • Gitagovinda of Jayadeva: Love Song of the Dark Lord
  • Wait for Me: Rediscovering the Joy of Purity in Romance
  • The Truth about Guys: One Guy Reveals What Every Girl Should Know
  • Back to the Sources
  • The Old Testament Pseudepigrapha, Vol. 1: Apocalyptic Literature and Testaments
  • When the Enemy Strikes: The Keys to Winning Your Spiritual Battles
  • Sacred Singleness
  • The Tattooed Rats
  • Why You Act the Way You Do
  • Who Switched Off My Brain?
  • Every Young Woman's Battle: Guarding Your Mind, Heart, and Body in a Sex-Saturated World (The Every Man Series)
  • Zohar: The Book of Splendor: Basic Readings from the Kabbalah
  • Good, Better, Blessed: Living with Purpose, Power and Passion
  • How Societies Remember
  • When Time Shall Be No More: Prophecy Belief in Modern American Culture (Studies in Cultural History)
JOYCE MEYER is one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, she has written more than seventy inspirational books, including The Confident Woman, Look Great, Feel Great, and the entire Battlefield of the Mind family of books. She has also released thousands of audio teachings as well as a complete video library. Joyce's Enjoying Everyday Life® radio ...more
More about Joyce Meyer...
Battlefield Of The Mind: Winning The Battle In Your Mind Me and My Big Mouth!: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone The Penny