Start by marking “Something to Blog About” as Want to Read:
Something to Blog About

Something to Blog About

Boys, bullies, and blogs come together in a book that brings the popular online diary format to print.

For fans of Lauren Myracle’s ttyl, ttfn, and l8r, g8r, this fun, fast-paced book introduces an unforgettable and relatable heroine and features chapter openers designed to look like the pages of an online blog. An innovative debut, Something to Blog About is filled with th
Published February 1st 2008 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Something to Blog About, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something to Blog About

Uglies by Scott WesterfeldBetrayed by P.C. CastHex Hall by Rachel HawkinsBurned by P.C. CastChosen by P.C. Cast
Aimee's 100 in 2010
28th out of 98 books — 25 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Host by Stephenie MeyerLittle Brother by Cory DoctorowGraceling by Kristin CashorePaper Towns by John Green
ALD 2009 YA Booklist - Fiction
49th out of 65 books — 50 voters

More lists with this book...

Brianne Durrant
May 17, 2013 Brianne Durrant rated it it was amazing
When I read the first page, I knew I wouldn't stop until I finished this book. "Something to Blog About" is about this girl who blogs about her life on this private blogging website. She didn't realize anyone could get into her account until it was too late.
I would recommend this book to Eighth graders and up, because this is an easy book to read.
J. A. Wooton
Jun 19, 2012 J. A. Wooton rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
Incredibly mediocre. I actually thought this was going to be a graphic novel, and was disappointed upon picking it up from the library, but decided to read it anyway since it looked like a quick read. Sadly it was as formulaic in terms of high-school YA books as they get, and CHOCK full of cliche-ridden writing :( Bleh, a wasted read but oh well.
Lila
Nov 02, 2013 Lila rated it it was amazing
read it, and i totally love to read stuff that i can relate to. i like these kind of format the writing the author puts it, it makes it more fun.
Jacy
Feb 15, 2009 Jacy rated it did not like it
To sum up the content of the book, it was cliche with only 2 or 3 exciting sequences in the whole book.
Nana
This book was totally cool! I read it in just a few hours!

A girl named Libby Fawcett has been tormented ever since Kindergarten by her arch-nemisis, Angel Rivera. When she accidentally burns her hair on a bunsen burner, in front of everyone including her crush, Seth Jacobs, she decides to start an online blog where she can pour out her feelings to no one in particular. But then, her mother and Angel's father start dating and then, Angel decides to pull the cruelest 'prank' on Libby, and it might
Cana Rensberger
Jan 02, 2010 Cana Rensberger rated it liked it
Sometimes you just have to have a place to vent, ya know? That’s why Libby Fawcett started her blog. She wrote about her most embarrassing moments, like when she caught her hair on fire in chemistry class right in front of Seth Jacobs! She posted an entry the day she found out her mom was dating someone and that it had been going on for months. She blogged about her morning breath that tasted like she’d “been eating socks” in her sleep and the pimple on her earlobe. And she wrote about her cousi ...more
Karissa
May 29, 2012 Karissa rated it liked it
This is an extremely quick read. It's cute and quirky, and I like how the author made quite a lot of the characters different races but she didn't make it really obvious either. Between each chapter is blog entry - though it of seemed like the whole book was a part of her blog. I didn't quite get how that worked.

Libby is in love with Seth who is best friends with Angel who is a terror. But Seth asks Libby to tutor her in chemistry - which she herself needs a tutor in - and she automatically agr
Abby E
Jan 17, 2013 Abby E is currently reading it
My novel that I chose to read this quarter is called Something to Blog About, by Shana Norris. I liked this book because it’s funny, easy to read, and it very easy to relate to because it is young adult literature. I can compare this book to Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson. The reason why this book is like Speak, is because both of the main characters are just starting high school, and both go through some hard times.

The main character Libby Fawcett is just like any other average teenager. She
Leona J.
Sep 13, 2013 Leona J. rated it liked it
Shelves: eh-alright
Something to Blog About by Shana Norris is humorous, sweet, and plain out adorable.

When the password-protected pages of tenth-grader Libby Fawcett's blog is revealed all over the school by her rival, Angel Nemesis, whose father is dating Libby's mom, all of Yeardly High finds out about her embarrassing secrets as well as those of her friends.

I found this novel to be cute, insightful, and well executed. When I was looking at the cover, I noticed two distinct things. The title and the scene/boy
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Cana Rensberger for TeensReadToo.com

Sometimes you just have to have a place to vent, ya know?

That's why Libby Fawcett started her blog. She wrote about her most embarrassing moments, like when she caught her hair on fire in chemistry class right in front of Seth Jacobs! She posted an entry the day she found out her mom was dating someone and that it had been going on for months. She blogged about her morning breath that tasted like she'd "been eating socks" in her sleep and the pimp
Isabella
My Rating: 2.5/5 stars

I was originally very excited to start reading this book, mainly because of its title. SOMETHING TO BLOG ABOUT already seemed interesting, just looking at its title.

Anyway, I'd say this was an okay book. I like the way it started out, and I really liked the plot, for the most part...

However, the book could have been better. I think that the characters could have been better-developed. That was my main issue. I'm not naming specifics because I don't want to spoil, but if you
Debora alphani
Sep 28, 2008 Laura rated it liked it
First off, I loved the cover and one page of interior art that has this stylized art. My friend Rachel, whose opinion I am asking for most of these covers, liked it but got mad to discover that it wasn't a graphic novel. I do think that if you're going to have distictively graphic novel type art like that, you should follow through. For ages 10+ it can afford to have a few one page pictures or chapter end graphics.

The blog aspect was done well, parts of the future plot are revealed, making the r
Stacy268
Aug 14, 2008 Stacy268 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: early teens, fans of Myracle
Recommended to Stacy268 by: arc pile
Shelves: tween
Libby's life seems to be in the dumps. Not only did she set her own hair on fire during chemistry class, but her crush Seth seems to be flirting with her nemesis Angel Rodriguez. Add to this mix the fact that Libby has just discovered that her mom has had a secret boyfriend for the past 7 months now. His name just happens to be Manny Rodriguez. Angel's dad! Can you imagine?

So what's a girl to do? Blog about it, of course. But in a private password protected blog that nobody would have access to,
Alicia Montoya
Oct 14, 2012 Alicia Montoya rated it it was amazing

Something to blog about is a book about everyday life and that is why I really liked it. What I liked most about it is that it could really happen to anybody. Also that it was a story of a girl’s life and not some made up junk that could not happen. I liked how she had her ups and downs. Also it all turned out okay in the end. She made friends with her enemy and learned to put troubles aside. The girl in this book is a really good role model for every teenage girl out there. She has far-fetched
Bonnie Chen
Apr 24, 2012 Bonnie Chen rated it it was amazing
I think that this is a fantastic book due to many reasons. I can make connections to the main character, as we our ages are roughly the same. We encounter the same obstacles. For instance, not doing well in a certain subject in school.The main character was struggling with chemistry, while I struggled in math. However, we both know that we have to bring our grades up. Otherwise, we will suffer the consequences. The main character also encounters family issues. Her mom is dating her enemy's fathe ...more
Lesley
Sep 26, 2010 Lesley rated it liked it
Run-of-the-mill teen angst, enlivened by engaging, non-stereotypical characters. 15 year old Libby Fawcett (presumably white) lives with her pink collar single mom Maura, who falls in love with Manuel Rodriguez (presumably Hispanic)the wealthy, white collar father of Libby's Greatest Foe, the bitchy Angel. Complicating things is a possible romance between Libby's sweet-but-clueless cousin Roger and her best friend Keshia, (presumably African American); and Libby's own crush on Angel's best frien ...more
Monique
Of course, she gets the guy. Side note: Her hair should have never caught on fire because, she should have had it up and away- lab rules. (I know, I spent how much time in 8th making flash cards on the rules of the lab before we were actually allowed to do experiments.)

Only that seemed a little unrealistic.
Awilma Acosta
Feb 22, 2010 Awilma Acosta rated it it was amazing
Something to blog about is about a 15 year old girl NAMED LIBBY who burns her hair in chemistry class while staring at her 3 year mayor crush, seth. libby has a greatest enemy in high school. Her name is Angel Rivera. When Angel and Libby are at their worst of moments, they frind out that both Libby's mother and Angel's father are dating! They both make friends with eachother to separate their [parents but at the end they become friends and sisters in law because their plan failed and their fake ...more
swiftpuppy13
Dec 29, 2015 swiftpuppy13 rated it it was amazing
Something To Blog About
By: Shana Norris (@shananorris)

Summary:
Libby can't catch a break. She accidentally set her hair aflame with a Bunsen burner in front of her whole chemistry class AND her crush, Seth. To add to that, her mom is dating the father of Libby's arch nemesis, Angel.
Libby invents a secret blog for venting purposes, kind of like a diary. When Angel plays her cruelest prank yet, Libby is mortified. Will she ever be able to face her classmates (or Seth) again?

Rating: 4.5/5
Fave Chara
Rachel Boling
Jan 25, 2012 Rachel Boling rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. Emily found it for me at the library. The story begins when the heroine sets her hair on fire in chemistry class because she is mooning over a boy. Said boy is actually a nice guy (sorry if that spoils the plot for anyone). Her cousin, Rodger, is in love with her best friend. And her mom is dating the dad of her arch-enemy, who is friends with her crush.

This book was a quick read, but it was refreshingly free of smut, and while the plot and the characters didn't surprise m
Maria
Aug 15, 2014 Maria rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teen girls
This was a great teen book. It shows exactly how teenage girls think and take in things while going to a public high school.
Christine
Sep 26, 2009 Christine rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: YA readers
Surprisingly good for a YA book. It wasn't just a string of jokes, but actually had some depth. There was a lot that was super predictable, but also some surprises.
Kiesha...I loved her! And the foot fetish kid. (Excuse me, shoe fetish.)
Very dramatic in a way that only adolescents can be (cough, cough, except for me! Jk!) but towards the end, she gains more maturity, which is the best thing a character can do. I mean, it's not like she's ready to go on to college, but she can be the bigger person
Briana LS
Jan 29, 2015 Briana LS rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
Alyssa L.
Sep 24, 2014 Alyssa L. rated it really liked it
Awesome book. I you like drama read this book.
Allanna
Oct 23, 2008 Allanna rated it liked it
Libby is about to fail chemistry (even though, or maybe BECAUSE of, the fact that she caught her hair on fire), is crushing madly on Seth, and has Angel -- her worst enemy since Kindergarten, on her back.

She turns to blogging for a release (that and her Saturday morning run).

Stuff happens and suddenly her private, password-protected blog is passed around the school.

She definitely does have some things to work out.
Hachton
Aug 17, 2016 Hachton rated it really liked it
Shelves: memorable
It was a good book.
It was funny at some parts and just annoying at others. Like when you want to grab the character by the shoulders and shake some sense into them. Sometimes the main characters logic sucks and she's just asking you to kill her right then and there. You get so emotionally engaged in it but when the books done you're like "oh well" and just put it back on your shelf.

Emotional then off button.
Marilyn
Oct 24, 2008 Marilyn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: girls looking for a relaxingly cute book.
Recommended to Marilyn by: no one
Something to blog about was a clever take on the typical highschool experiance. There were fataly embarassing moments, cute boys, crazy best friends, evily gorgeous and popular enimies, and love triangles galore.
The young heroine of this novel has a light and clever tone that immediatly makes the reader warm up to her. We want her to succeed and get a cute hair cute!
Cathy
Jul 28, 2014 Cathy rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I really liked this book. I haven't read a book like this is so long! I really enjoyed it! Libby, just makes me laugh so much! And as much as they portray angel as a bad person, she has her reasons. LOL. Libby's friends cracked me up! Especially with all that "I'll kick you butt" thing! I read this in one day, which is pretty much a record for me:)
Kirsten Murphy
Sep 25, 2009 Kirsten Murphy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 7th-12th-grade
The voice and humor of the author's writing made this book an easy one to pick up and finish quickly. Although it has been awhile since I was in high school myself, I could relate to the events experienced by the characters. And as a blogger myself, I enjoyed the creative format of the book to include blog entries as a way to learn more about the characters.
  • Jumping to Confusions
  • Rule #1: Don't Touch Anything (Jumpman #1)
  • Girl Next Door
  • The Girls
  • Writing Clementine
  • An Urgent Message of Wowness
  • Bright Blue Miracle
  • How to Convince a Boy to Kiss You (Aurora Skye #2)
  • Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7)
  • Teen, Inc.
  • Adventures of the Artificial Woman
  • The Life and Times
  • Meanicures
  • Planet Middle School
  • Beginner's Luck (Hallie Palmer, #1)
  • Ready! Set! Hawaii!
  • Mallory in the Spotlight  (Mallory McDonald, #14)
  • Joyride
I write young adult books from a tiny town in eastern North Carolina, where I live with my husband and our zoo of animals. I am the author of SOMETHING TO BLOG ABOUT and TROY HIGH, both available from Abrams/Amulet Books, and THE BOYFRIEND THIEF and SURFACING, both available in ebook format for all ereaders.
More about Shana Norris...