Start by marking “Shapeshifting: Techniques for Global and Personal Transformation” as Want to Read:
Shapeshifting: Techniques for Global and Personal Transformation

Shapeshifting: Techniques for Global and Personal Transformation

After 'Hit Man'

The New York Times bestseller Confessions of an Economic Hit Man documents John Perkins’ extraordinary career as a globe-trotting economic hit man. Perkins’ insider’s view leads him to crisis of conscience--to the realization that he must devote himself to work which will foster a world-wide awareness of the sanctity of indigenous peoples, their cultures, a
Published September 1st 1997 by Destiny Books

To ask other readers questions about Shapeshifting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shapeshifting

Stefen T.
Jul 18, 2010 Stefen T. rated it liked it
This is A book that was easy to read from the narritive being in the first and third person. He explians his travel through the indigous and ancient clutures of the incas, mayan, persiaand,and east africa with personal interest. Although there are distictive persona's he uses to discribe his jounrny he creates a background for the reader.
In the end he show the reader his interpation of shamanism with a ritual that was bestoed upon him entering a tribe.
Yes this a good book and i recomd it to
Teresa
Jul 21, 2010 Teresa is currently reading it
Picked up this book after seeing "The End of Poverty" on Netflix streaming video. Perkins was one many people interviewed in this eye-opening film that I also highly recommend. Given my general dis-satisfaction with living in modern society yet also having to function within it I am hoping to get some direction on reconciliation.
Melissa Kelly
I read this prior to attending a workshop on shapeshifting. I cannot shift at the cellular level before someones eyes into a plant or animal. however, I do feel that I have embraced the power of personal transformation.
Swami Tirtha
Dec 27, 2009 Swami Tirtha rated it it was amazing
more about soul retrieval & shapeshifting; and gained a greater respect and awe for this type of shamanism
Deb
Mar 01, 2016 Deb rated it really liked it
John Perkins is an intelligent writer with a sincere mission to help inform and educate the western world about the wisdom of the Indigenous people of South America. The liked the message of the book and the wisdom that was shared. There were times when I felt the writing was a bit simplistic, which is why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5. It is a very easy book to read and it does provide an interesting and thought provoking window into looking at the world from a different perspective.
Psychedelic Illusions
Jul 01, 2008 Psychedelic Illusions rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was unconventional in its message and took the reader on a journey unlike any non-fiction book you'd ever read. I think that it really makes you question things, and leaves you a little confused, but for me i enjoyed not being able to fully understand what was happening because then i had to think about it.
Laurie
Dec 26, 2014 Laurie rated it really liked it
This book was recommended to me by a friend who traveled to Ecuador via the Pachamama foundation, and it was very interesting? Do I believe all of the stories about shapeshifting? I don't know. It's certainly a concept outside of Western thought, but as a philosophy I found it absolutely compelling. I think it is something I will need to sit with for awhile.
Steve Wiggins
May 02, 2013 Steve Wiggins rated it really liked it
Some things are hard to believe, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth trying. A challenging book on a conceptual level. See more comments at: Sects and Violence in the Ancient World.
Sarah Martin
Dec 28, 2007 Sarah Martin rated it it was amazing
An older book of John Perkins, detailing his experiences with teachers and Shamans in the Yucatan and elsewhere. Talks about the unity of all earth systems/beings, and the urgency of reawakening our connection. A good read!
Nancy Kaiser
Apr 25, 2009 Nancy Kaiser rated it it was amazing
Although this was written a number of years ago, it's message is very timely. John shares his amazing expereinces with the brilliant shamans around the globe. If you feel any connection to nature, this will be a great read for you.
Becca
Apr 24, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirit, csns, shamanism
Recommended to me by a woman at the bookstore I serve coffee at after her friend told her I'm going to Ecuador. This book was a wonderful journey. A lot of it was dialogue, which I think is the best way to express these kinds of ideas. Finished this book with lots of cool things to think about
Kristin Bostrom-Bates
Kristin Bostrom-Bates rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2016
Meaghan
Meaghan rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2013
Nicole Schwab
Nicole Schwab rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2014
Katie Lambert
Katie Lambert rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Roxana
Apr 09, 2012 Roxana rated it it was amazing
Wonderful and incredibly insightful!
Steven Ferris
Steven Ferris rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Marlowe Shave
Marlowe Shave rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2015
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2012
Andy
Andy rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2015
james f bacon
james f bacon rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2016
Alex Watson
Alex Watson rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2016
Lee A.
Lee A. rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2012
Aidan Stafford
Aidan Stafford rated it it was ok
Sep 18, 2016
Tyler Tomasi
Tyler Tomasi rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2013
Ricky Truhls
Ricky Truhls rated it really liked it
May 05, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
May 01, 2011
Katherine
Katherine rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2013
Diana
Diana rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2011
Pava Young
Pava Young rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self
  • Shaman, Healer, Sage: How to Heal Yourself and Others with the Energy Medicine of the Americas
  • Ritual: Power, Healing and Community
  • The Reluctant Shaman: A Woman's First Encounters with the Unseen Spirits of the Earth
  • The Medicine Way: A Shamanic Path to Self Mastery (The "Earth Quest" Series)
  • The Teachings of Don Carlos: Practical Applications of the Works of Carlos Castaneda
  • Tying Rocks to Clouds
  • Singing the Soul Back Home: Shamanic Wisdom for Every Day
  • Ramayana: India's Immortal Tale of Adventure, Love and Wisdom
  • The Quest: One Man's Search for Peace, Insight, and Healing in an Endangered World
  • The Woman in the Shaman's Body: Reclaiming the Feminine in Religion and Medicine
  • Money and the Meaning of Life
  • Shamanism As a Spiritual Practice for Daily Life
  • Original Wisdom: Stories of an Ancient Way of Knowing
  • The Spirit of Intimacy: Ancient Teachings In The Ways Of Relationships
  • Breakfast at Sally's: One Homeless Man's Inspirational Journey
  • A Journey in Ladakh: Encounters with Buddhism
  • Fire in the Head: Shamanism and the Celtic Spirit
John Perkins is an activist and author. As a former chief economist at Boston strategic-consulting firm Chas. T. Main, Perkins says that he was an "economic hit man" for 10 years, helping U.S. intelligence agencies and multinational corporations cajole and blackmail foreign leaders into serving U.S. foreign policy and awarding lucrative contracts to American business.

However, after several years s
More about John Perkins...

“Always be. Never try to become. You can be anything you want, just don’t work at becoming. Remember to be it.” 0 likes