Start by marking “A Reputable Rake” as Want to Read:
A Reputable Rake

A Reputable Rake

Cyprian Sloane's reputation is of the very worst. A gambler, smuggler, rake and a spy, he now faces the greatest challenge of all--respectability! He will force Society to accept him. Nothing will stand in his way....

Until he meets Morgana Hart, whose caring nature thrusts her into the company of ladies of the night and risks a scandal that will destroy them both. To becom

Published May 1st 2006 by Harlequin Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about A Reputable Rake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Reputable Rake

Ana T.
Jan 30, 2008 Ana T. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trad-regency
I've read and enjoyed Diane Gaston's two previous books so I had high expectations for this one. While I didn't enjoy it as much it was still a very satisfying read.

The stakes are high in Cyprian Sloane’s latest game--to reform his reputation as a wagerer, womanizer, and worse--and thumb his nose at the father who’s always despised him. The prize is nearly in hand when Sloane encounters seemingly respectable Morgana Hart, a baron’s daughter, who engages in fisticuffs in Hyde Park and embroils hi
Sandy M
Jul 27, 2011 Sandy M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, harlequin
Diane Gaston is one of those authors that when I’ve finished one of her books, I ask myself why I haven’t read more. It’s not for a lack of want. It’s the usual too-many-books-not-enough-time business that I’m sure a lot of you suffer from too. But I so enjoy Ms. Gaston’s writing and her characters, and I really liked the storyline in this book too, something I haven’t read before.

Cyprian Sloan is trying to regain his reputation. He’s been a high-caliber rake for a number of years and he’s tired
Angelique Minnaar
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Twists, turns & subplots fairly predictable with the happy endings. Just what I wanted.
Elyce
Mar 18, 2013 Elyce rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This book was surprisingly good for the dollar bin at the bookstore. The first two chapters were a little slow, and the writing was a bit stuffy.

In the first chapter we are introduced to Cyprian Sloane, the male lead and the typical mysterious bad-boy-turned-good. He starts out a little one-dimensional, but his character fleshes out nicely. Morgana Hart, the female lead, is a prim and proper girl who is a little too old to be considered marriagable. By the end of the book, her repressed indepen
penelopewanders
Jun 14, 2015 penelopewanders rated it really liked it
Although this is billed as a standalone on fantasticfiction, this still makes references to The Mysterious Miss M and the Wagering Widow. Idon't think this would have been a problem, but I'd already read both anyway. Seems to me I encountered this cross-referencing in another of Gaston's books.
This is quite gripping, with an unconventional heroine who accepts that the hero will be marrying her far more marriageable cousin. A very good and not entirely predictable read, even if some of the heroi
Ruth
A pleasant enough story, but having read a couple of Diane Gaston's short stories, which were steamy little numbers, I was rather disappointed. The plot premise was a bit silly, but it was quite well-written and the hero and heroine quite likeable.
İnci Puyan
Dec 12, 2012 İnci Puyan rated it really liked it
Genel anlamda beğendiğim bir kitap oldu. Her ne kadar başlarda sıkılsam da konusu sonrada inanılmaz akıcı gitmeye başladı ve heyecanla okudum. Tavsiye ederim eğer tarihi aşk romanlarını seviyorsanız. :)
Robyn
Robyn rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2010
Monique Takens
Monique Takens rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Romanceh
Romanceh rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2012
Senni
Senni rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2013
Katrine
Katrine rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Eva S
Eva S rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2009
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Bettye McKee
Bettye McKee rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2014
Nira
Nira rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2010
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Renaissancecat22
Renaissancecat22 rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Suvi
Suvi rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2008
Zahara
Zahara rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Carrie Olguin
Carrie Olguin rated it really liked it
May 18, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Kim Strange
Kim Strange rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Jules
Jules rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2009
O.D.P.
O.D.P. rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2011
Merrillee Whren
Merrillee Whren rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2009
Ellen Linderkers
Ellen Linderkers rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 03, 2015 04:48PM
  • His Cavalry Lady
  • Lady Allerton's Wager
  • No Place for a Lady (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #0.1)
  • The Rake's Inherited Courtesan
  • Her Irish Warrior
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • High Plains Wife (Bluebonnet Bride, #3)
  • Some Like It Wicked (Hellion's Den, #1)
  • Prospero's Daughter
  • Untamed Rogue, Scandalous Mistress (Ramsden Brothers, #3)
  • The Wicked Earl  (Harlequin Historical Series, #843)
  • A Loyal Companion
  • The Lawman's Bride
  • The Earl's Secret (The MacLerie Clan #4)
Diane Gaston’s dream job had always been to write romance novels. One day she decided to pursue that dream and has never looked back; she is now writing full-time. Her books have won Romance’s highest honour—the RITA Award, the National Readers Choice Award and the Golden Heart. She lives in Virginia with her husband and three very ordinary house cats. Diane loves to hear from readers and friends.
More about Diane Gaston...