Start by marking “Fresh: The Ultimate Live-Food Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Fresh: The Ultimate Live-Food Cookbook

Fresh: The Ultimate Live-Food Cookbook

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Cookbooks need not—indeed, should not—involve cooking, say the authors of this authoritative, beautifully illustrated book. And they should know. Sergei and Vayla Boutenko bring fifteen years’ experience to this collection of scrumptious, sophisticated recipes and comprehensive guide to the raw life.

Fresh covers the whole range of recipes, including savory dishes, desserts
Published April 22nd 2008 by North Atlantic Books

To ask other readers questions about Fresh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fresh

Aug 13, 2008 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in raw foods
Shelves: food
Although I've only made a few recipes so far, I love this book. The first 50 pages or so contain the story of how the authors, Sergei and Valya Boutenko, came to be raw foodists and how they maintain the lifestyle, along with their recommendations for the most used tools and appliances in raw food preparation. I find the young twenty-something brother and sister team to be very inspiring and feel as if I can relate to them. Their recipes are very accesible; theirs isn't an elitist or dogmatic ap ...more
Rama
Feb 20, 2014 Rama rated it liked it
A fresh-food cookbook

This book authored by brother and sister team offers help for both adults and youngsters interested in healthy cooking. The authors narrate their personal struggle in the fight against obesity and its related illnesses that almost devastated their family. Their parents with sheer determination, courage, and very rigid regimen of fresh food and pure vegetarianism helped their kids to outgrow the addiction to greasy food, and eventually become healthy. This is a wonderful biog
Challis
Feb 13, 2010 Challis rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
I really like that most of the recipes inhere are made from food I would actually have on hand, or be able to get at my local supermarket and am familiar with. A lot of raw food cookbook recipes call for things I've never used, would have to order online and am not sure how they will taste. These are recipes I can relate to and are not intimidating.
plus Sergei and Valya are wise and sensible people.
Stephanie
Mar 15, 2010 Stephanie rated it liked it
Only 13 pages in, but what an interesting treatise on the health/well-being benefits of a raw-food lifestyle. Engagingly written, too! Not by flighty hippies (though I often enjoy those, too). Easy recipes I will begin putting to the test!
Pamela
Jan 02, 2013 Pamela rated it it was ok
Very few photos to inspire me, and those were in the center of the book. Interesting story, but not a great book. Recipes were easy enough, but I would have liked descriptions to accompany them. A dry read.
Christina
Super yummy so far! I have yet to encounter a recipe with hard to find or super pricey ingredients, which is a huge plus for everyday meals/snacks in my book!
Heathermommy
Yes, I love to read cookbooks!! - probably my favorite one of the raw books I have read. These books are seriously changing my life.
Hannah
Feb 03, 2016 Hannah rated it liked it
Shelves: raw, food, preparation
Pretty good, not simple and easy but a fun way to explore raw foods that you probably won't find in other raw food books.
Ashley
May 23, 2012 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I only wish this had more pictures. The pictures that were included were so wonderful. I can't wait to try out these recipes.
Gyuri Grell
Aug 04, 2009 Gyuri Grell rated it it was amazing
This book has some really good recipes, some of which were quite original compared to other raw cookbooks.
Katrina Morris
Nov 23, 2009 Katrina Morris rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite "cookbooks" The recipes are easy, tasty, and always good for you.
Robert
May 23, 2013 Robert rated it liked it
Looks like some good recipes in here.
Andre Darlington
Andre Darlington rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
JerJe
JerJe rated it it was ok
Jan 21, 2016
Betty Sanders
Betty Sanders rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Mary Jo
Mary Jo rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2015
Bbutler
Bbutler marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Joe
Joe added it
Aug 21, 2015
Sara M. Ballou
Sara M. Ballou rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2015
Tanya Wicht
Tanya Wicht rated it really liked it
May 20, 2015
Sarah rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2015
Alexie
Alexie rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Lisa Pordon
Lisa Pordon rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Kirsika Rattasepp
Kirsika Rattasepp is currently reading it
Feb 21, 2015
Megan
Megan added it
Feb 12, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015