Start by marking “Lauren the Puppy Fairy” as Want to Read:
Lauren the Puppy Fairy

Lauren the Puppy Fairy (Rainbow Magic #32)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  912 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Jack Frost has stolen the Pet Fairies' magical pets! Can Rachel and Kirsty help find them? Or will the pets be lost forever?
The Pet Fairies have one of the most important jobs in Fairyland! Along with their special pets, they make sure that all animals find safe homes with the right owners. But when Jack Frost steals the magical pets, Fairyland is in an uproar! Can Rachel
Published March 1st 2008 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published April 6th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Lauren the Puppy Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lauren the Puppy Fairy

Shauna
Mar 30, 2009 Shauna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yeah! We finished this book. AARGH. Coco chose it, loved it, and read it on her own after we were finished. I hope we are finished with these kind of fairy books. I will let her read as many as the library as she can find. But, I'm so glad she can do it on her own now! It is a good book if it "hooks" children into reading,and this does its job. But, I prefer other kinds of books during our precious read aloud time! Maybe one star is a little harsh . . . Coco would give it four stars. The other D ...more
Brandyn
Feb 14, 2015 Brandyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bryan-2015
I liked this book because it was an adventure. It had puppies. I love puppies! This pet shop keeper owned one last dog. He told Kirsty and Rachel to take the dog for a walk. On the walk they found another loose puppy with no owner. The collar said "sunshine" but no address. Rachel asked Kirsty if it may have been Lauren's pet. Lauren came but the goblins took the puppy on their scooter. They landed in a bounce kingdom, but the owner wasn't there. That was a relief. The dog who didn't have an own ...more
Lisa
Feb 26, 2009 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ho-hum... boring to me. My girls like them OK. They love the pet ones the best b/c the pets are teeny tiny. But still, a big yawn for this whole series - they fill the time between finding a Magic Tree House book or a Junie B. book or a Nancy Drew Notebook Series book we have missed.
Kya Pratt
Sep 09, 2011 Kya Pratt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't think of anything to say about this book. It has been so long since I read it.
Let me look at the pictures. I liked how the goblins ride the scooter.
Lauren
Mar 14, 2009 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That puppies can be great and very nice friends.
Shirley
May 01, 2016 Shirley rated it it was amazing
To me I really liked it
Sarah Crawford
Jan 21, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Lauren the Puppy Fairy

This is another in the Pet Fairies series of books. In this case, the missing pet is a puppy. Rachel and Kirsty a Spring Show (sort of a county-fair type of thing) and there is a pet shelter display. All but one of the puppies is quickly adopted.

Rachel and Kirsty meet Lauren, the Puppy Fairy, and they search for her missing pet, once again having to deal with the goblins (who are so inefficient and stupid that it's no wonder Jack Frost is always in a bad mood.)

Another cute
Cathy Cramer
My 6 year old picked this out from the library as a suprise for the 9 year old who likes this series. However, 6 year old also had me read it aloud while the 9 year old was away. They both really enjoy these and it's a good entertainment for them, when they're caught as a tag-along sibling to some event. I'm finding these plots repetitious and getting a little old, but I am not the target audience. Good themes of compassion to animals. It was a little trickier to spot which animal was the fairy ...more
Cecelia
Jul 27, 2015 Cecelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristy and Rachel are at the spring fair and there is an animal shelter booth. There are four little puppies and when the fair is over they guy who owns the pet shop lets Rachel and Kristy take the last dog for a walk. While they are walking him they see another puppy but no one was walking him and he didn't have an address or anything on his collar, just a name tag. His name was Sunny. He is Lauren's magical puppy. The puppy plays with Sunny for awhile then they keep walking. When they're walki ...more
Chloe Schofield
In this collection of the rainbow magic series "The pet keepers fairies". the two girls help Lauren find her magic pet dog. This story is very very simple and short so would be perfect for younger children, however again as an older reader I can see the flaws in this book. I think as a younger reader I would have thoroughly enjoyed these books but now I find them boring and the storyline is to simple for me to get engrossed in.
Twyla
Aug 28, 2014 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Helena Lee
Jul 28, 2015 Helena Lee rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I used to love these but they seem quite boring now. I have the whole series in my house and I only read them when the library doesn't have a Twilight Saga book for me.
April Truesdale
Jan 19, 2016 April Truesdale is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Dallas Hunter
Good book

great book I love the fact all the stories in the book are about rescuing animals and finding stray animals home and plus it's about faries
Connie
Apr 26, 2014 Connie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love love love love love it best fairy book
Allison
Very cute. Shorter than the other fairy books.
Dolly
Oct 07, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children who are starting to read chapter books
This is the fourth book in the Pet Fairies series by the group of authors who go by the pseudonym Daisy Meadows. This one is about puppies and although it took our oldest daughter a couple of days to read it (she's been reading one every day!), she says it's one of her favorites. I think that's because she really wants a puppy.

Jan 2012 update: our youngest is now immersing herself in this series and is reading them very quickly, too. As inane as I thought they were, I love that this series is m
Vishvasri J.S
Feb 22, 2014 Vishvasri J.S rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's so Wonderful.
Lauren
Jul 11, 2008 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know...how lame am I for reading this? Well, in my defense, I have a niece who just turned 7. She's into fairies, so I got her the rainbow fairy set. Apparently, these books are THE books for little girls her age. So I'm setting up for Christmas and bought her some more. And of course, this one has my name in it, so...

They are very quick reads (15 minutes tops) and darling stories. Any little girl would love them, and I recommend having them on the shelf for your kids!
Vanessa
Jun 06, 2009 Vanessa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My daughter is obsessed with the Rainbow Fairy books. They're simple and sweet, not at all scary or mentally challenging. There are approximately 343 of the silly things. At least she's into some sort of printed material.
Sydney Beu
Sep 03, 2012 Sydney Beu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Lauren has to find her lost puppy. Rachel and Kirsty help her find it. Then 5 goblins on a fast scooter take the puppy. They all fall in to a bounce house and the puppy gets away from the goblins and jumps into Laurens arms.
Anna
Jan 08, 2011 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-by-myself
The puppy could turn to fairy size. The goblins were trying to get the puppy as Jack Frost's pet since they couldn't get the guinea pig. The puppy escaped by finding the girls.
$hanel
Mar 20, 2010 $hanel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book when I was in the 4th grade. Im not to into the fairy books anymore. I liked them when I was younger but otherwise these books are perfect for 6 and up kids.
Avalon
Jun 23, 2016 Avalon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-books
This fairy isn't the same kind of fairy of any of the others, the others wear a skirt or a dress she wears pants. They found the puppy at someone's house.
Alexa
Dec 27, 2011 Alexa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have a puppy that is the sweetest thing on earth. Hopefully goblins (Worst thing in fairy books) don't exist. Or else we wouldn't have anything on earth.
Ljf
Nov 12, 2013 Ljf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good, but it stayed in the same place and seemed really short
Claire Motil
Oct 18, 2012 Claire Motil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very good book can,t wait to read some
Erin
Jul 27, 2008 Erin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like it because its a fun book.
Alissa Metzler
Nov 22, 2012 Alissa Metzler rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
read to my sister...she loved it :)
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
they find her puppy at a camp.
  • Classroom Chaos (Magic Kitten, #2)
  • Starlight Surprise (My Secret Unicorn, #4)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • Caramel Moon
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Princess (The Puppy Place)
  • The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Carnival Prize (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #9)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

Rainbow Magic (1 - 10 of 207 books)
  • Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1)
  • Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2)
  • Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)
  • Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4)
  • Sky The Blue Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #5)
  • Inky The Indigo Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #6)
  • Heather The Violet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #7)
  • Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)
  • Abigail The Breeze Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #9; Weather Fairies, #2)
  • Pearl The Cloud Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #10; Weather Fairies, #3)