Start by marking “I Saw the Lord: A Wake-Up Call for Your Heart” as Want to Read:
I Saw the Lord: A Wake-Up Call for Your Heart

I Saw the Lord: A Wake-Up Call for Your Heart

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  120 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
When we call ourselves Christians, we expect that our love for Jesus, our hunger for His presence, our urgent longing to see Him again will be a constant, motivating force in our lives, writes Anne Graham Lotz. Yet sometimes …in the busyness of our days or the duties of our jobs or the familiar habits of our worship or the everyday routine of our homes, the longing becomes ...more
Published September 4th 2007 by Zondervan (first published February 16th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about I Saw the Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Saw the Lord

Mad Russian the Traveller
I read this book mainly at my wife's urging so that she could discuss some aspects of the book with me. It could be summarized by a call to those who name Christ as Lord to take the relationship seriously--to embrace holiness, to praise Him, to seek wisdom from Him from His word, to walk in love with Him, etc. For these reasons, this book has value. There were a few small nigglies that aren't worth going over here, but my one criticism is more to do with evangelicalism in general.

The problem is
Sally Ferguson
Mar 06, 2014 Sally Ferguson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This incredible exploration of Isaiah’s life gives us a glimpse of the kind of relationship God wants to have with His people. Anne Graham Lotz investigates the text with profound illustrations that clearly flesh out her point. Her approach is forthright, yet humble. She addresses sin in our nation and our churches, while acknowledging her own.
Anne’s winsome commitment to the unchanging Word of God draws the reader to conclude too, that it’s time to take a stand for what we believe while kneelin
Poiema
Apr 30, 2015 Poiema rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians seeking revival
Recommended to Poiema by: My husband
Shelves: spirituality
My husband has had an interest in national revival for years, and his enthusiasm for the subject has rubbed off on me. This is a book he placed in my hands after he heard Anne Graham Lotz speak at a conference for pastors. After reading it, I can understand why he declared her to be the best speaker he had heard on the subject of PERSONAL revival.

Revival means "recovery of breath", and before a nation can be revived, individuals must be revived. Anne Graham Lotz uses Isaiah as an example of a m
Carol J Walker
Aug 24, 2014 Carol J Walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True to her standard of excellence

True to her standard of excellence

Insightful and meaningful study. This is well worth your time. I hope all ministry leaders and teachers will read this.
Lewis Cleveland
Aug 01, 2014 Lewis Cleveland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great impact and awesome pointer. Love about example of Isaiah 6 relate with her mom, about the differences of furniture lights and tv media lights similar as God's light that exposes us.
Marissa
Aug 01, 2015 Marissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-on-blog
This was a Bible study presented to my through my church. Many other women said the book this study was based on was great, so I was looking forward to it. I never did pick up the original book though...maybe that was my mistake.

There are videos that go along with this workbook, but the have little to do with the workbook.

The book takes participants through daily scripture readings with a practical way to study each scripture through personal meditation and journaling. While very practical, it
Joanna
Jun 13, 2010 Joanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book, written by Billy Graham’s daughter – Ann Graham Lotz, is really good. She writes about the prophet Isaiah and his personal encounter with God and subsequent wake up call, revival. Ann ties the scripture in nicely with an everyday example of a women’s personal revival and other examples from her personal life. I liked the book, it was insightful and Ann’s knowledge of scripture is superior. Her writing style is good but a bit too emotional for me. I guess I’m more of a facts and analyt ...more
Cheryl
I really like some of the thoughts in this bood.
Kay
Oct 12, 2012 Kay rated it liked it
This book takes the example of Isaiah and his commissioning in Book 6 as a call to deeper faith. It had a slightly annoying style of lists that wandered forwards and backwards over the page and some of it seemed quite US-based (it was written shortly after 9/11). Nonetheless it included good solid Bible teaching and was a prompt to not neglect Bible reading and prayer.
Vernal Lind
Jan 30, 2015 Vernal Lind rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anne Graham Lotz does a superb job of inspiring the reader. She has some of her father's preaching and teaching style and ability. I would encourage anyone who seeks a closer walk with the Lord to read this book. Lotz has frequent references to Scripture and some of the great hymns of the faith.
Amy Gentry
Sep 21, 2008 Amy Gentry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is great and I think it might be a future bible study. It's intent is to spark personal revival by looking at the prophet Isaiah and his declaration of 'I saw the LORD' and how he was changed by the experience.
Krista G.
Sep 11, 2012 Krista G. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: studies
Revival starts with yourself...and this book is an excellent tool to help you navigate 'waking up'.

Very wise insight from the dvd sessions as well...would suggest doing both book and dvd together.
Jocelin
Very introspective book.
April Vaughan
April Vaughan marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
April Vaughn
April Vaughn marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Samuel
Samuel rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
Tonna Zablah
Tonna Zablah marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
أبو الطيب
أبو الطيب marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
April Vaughn
April Vaughn marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Henry Alvarado
Henry Alvarado marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Brett
Brett rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Sheila Myers
Sheila Myers rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Jonell Webb
Jonell Webb rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Janelle
Janelle marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
  • Hope for the Troubled Heart: Finding God in the Midst of Pain
  • Slaying the Giants in Your Life
  • The Name
  • A Life of Obedience
  • Paul: A Man of Grace and Grit (Great Lives from God's Word, #6)
  • Who Calls Me Beautiful?: Finding Our True Image in the Mirror of God
  • Life Overflowing, 6-in-1: 6 Pillars for Abundant Living
  • Daily Bible, with Devotional Insights to Guide You Through God's Word: NIV
  • Prodigals and Those Who Love Them
  • The Case for Christmas: A Journalist Investigates the Identity of the Child in the Manger
  • Prayer: A Holy Occupation
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
  • Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God
  • The Search to Belong: Rethinking Intimacy, Community, and Small Groups
Lotz is the child of Billy Graham & Ruth Bell Graham

Anne Graham Lotz (born May 1948) is an American Christian evangelist. She is the second daughter of evangelist Billy Graham and his wife Ruth Graham. Anne Graham Lotz accepts speaking invitations worldwide, is founder of AnGeL Ministries, and an award-winning author.
More about Anne Graham Lotz...