Start by marking “How to Repair Food” as Want to Read:
How to Repair Food

How to Repair Food

You need never be embarrassed by bland, burned, or otherwise substandard food-and the book's a hoot to read, even if you haven't suffered a kitchen disaster...yet.
Published May 1st 1998 by Ten Speed Press (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about How to Repair Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Repair Food

Juli Anna
Aug 21, 2016 Juli Anna rated it it was ok
What a strange little book. The concept is really great; it's sort of an encyclopedia of things that can go wrong with your cooking and how to fix them. In practice, though, I can only see myself using maybe 1/8 of the tips in this book. If you cook with whole foods on a regular basis, most of these tips are useless: I am not about to start keeping canned hollandaise sauce and vanilla pudding mix on hand so that I can smother ruined dinners in them. Most of the problems with vegetables addressed ...more
May 27, 2009 Dereth added it
This book is wonderful and hilarious.

I love that there are a lot of "ok, so this is how it is now. So this time, fix the thing this way. For next time here's how to do it completely differently" I really appreciate that.

Also, it's just funny. For example, it says that to revive wilting green onions to "simply stick the root end in the ground and it will take root and grow healthy again. This does not, alas, work with most other things, including human beings."

Tee hee!
May 29, 2011 Saleris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, food, cooking
Well, I like this book. It's not 100% comprehansive in solutions to "unlucky" cooking, but in the cases where help can be given, it's there - though as with all cooking solutions, it's only as effective as a knowledgeable cook can apply it. That's all that can be hoped for in a book like this.
Oct 02, 2008 Martha rated it really liked it
I rarely find a book that is both extremely practical and absolutely hilarious, but this one is both. I want a copy!
Erin rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Mark Cogan
Mark Cogan rated it really liked it
May 11, 2014
Lois rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2011
C A Rollins
C A Rollins rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2009
Robert rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2013
Jun 09, 2010 Kat rated it it was amazing
I laughed my butt off on page 1 of the intro and am looking forward to using the advice.
Harold Citron
Harold Citron rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2016
tmll rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2009
Lauren rated it really liked it
May 02, 2011
Carol rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2014
Barbara rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2013
itmfiddler rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2011
Kathy Lonquist
Kathy Lonquist rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2009
Eric Hines
Eric Hines rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2009