Start by marking “How to Repair Food” as Want to Read:
How to Repair Food

How to Repair Food

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
You need never be embarrassed by bland, burned, or otherwise substandard food-and the book's a hoot to read, even if you haven't suffered a kitchen disaster...yet.
Published May 1st 1998 by Ten Speed Press (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about How to Repair Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Repair Food

Dereth
May 27, 2009 Dereth added it
This book is wonderful and hilarious.

I love that there are a lot of "ok, so this is how it is now. So this time, fix the thing this way. For next time here's how to do it completely differently" I really appreciate that.

Also, it's just funny. For example, it says that to revive wilting green onions to "simply stick the root end in the ground and it will take root and grow healthy again. This does not, alas, work with most other things, including human beings."

Tee hee!
Saleris
Well, I like this book. It's not 100% comprehansive in solutions to "unlucky" cooking, but in the cases where help can be given, it's there - though as with all cooking solutions, it's only as effective as a knowledgeable cook can apply it. That's all that can be hoped for in a book like this.
Martha
I rarely find a book that is both extremely practical and absolutely hilarious, but this one is both. I want a copy!
Kat
I laughed my butt off on page 1 of the intro and am looking forward to using the advice.
Irishros Naser
Irishros Naser marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Andi
Andi added it
Oct 18, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
Elaine
Elaine added it
Mar 20, 2012
Darin
Darin marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2011
Nov 20, 2010
Kamran
Kamran added it
Sep 21, 2010
The Little Book of Meditation: A Guide to Stress-Free Living Luba Gurdjieff How to Repair Food Not Your Mother's Cookbook: Unusual Recipes for the Adventurous Cook Luba Gurdjieff: A Memoir with Recipes