Start by marking “Wild & Hexy (Hex, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wild & Hexy (Hex, #2)

Wild & Hexy (Hex #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  602 ratings  ·  44 reviews
After gaining twenty pounds, former Dairy Festival Queen Annie Winston dreads going back to Big Knob, Indiana, feeling like a dairy cow. But if Annie has changed, so has her quirky home town. A matchmaking witch and wizard have moved into the neighborhood…and they've found the perfect match for Annie.

Shy computer whiz Jeremy Dunstan secretly lusted after Annie when they we
Mass Market Paperback, 315 pages
Published June 3rd 2008 by Onyx

To ask other readers questions about Wild & Hexy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild & Hexy

Gina
A laugh-out-loud, sharp, sassy read!

Annie is dreading coming home for her sister’s wedding. Six months ago, she divorced her self-absorbed, high-school-sweetheart husband, and put on thirty pounds. When her sister and soon-to-be brother-in-law moved up the date of the wedding, Annie is now in ’seriously need to lose weight’ mode. Knowing she has to wear a peach monstrosity for a matron-of-honor gown isn’t helping her mood any. With her low self-esteem, Annie returns to Big Knob only to see that,
Jenifer
This is the second in the Hex series.

Vicki Lewis Thompson has done it again. I loved this book. I love that she brought back the nerdy character that made me pick her books up in the first place.

Jeremy is a wonderful character who is both nerdy in a way and also very sexy too. He is so charming and shy, you can't help but love him. Then he gains some confidence, mostly due to a bit of magic, and is able to talk and romance the woman that he has been in love with since high school. Isn't that sw
Angie
Dorcas and Ambrose are back with their unconventional attempts at matchmaking! In Wild & Hexy we're reintroduced to Jeremy, Big Knob's resident computer genius, and we get to meet Annie who was briefly mentioned in the previous book. Jeremy has just opened up his internet cafe and Annie has returned to her home town for his sister's wedding. She was Miss Popular in high school while Jeremy was a total geek, but she's finally willing to give him the time of day. Maybe it's because she thinks ...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
I should start off by saying that I'm a big fan of Vicki Lewis Thompson. I still read her 'Nerd' series, and her hot Harlequins have spiced up many a night for me. When I picked up "Over Hexed", I didn't realize it was the start of a trilogy?, but still really enjoyed it. "Wild & Hexy" is the second in the series. The third "Casual Hex" is scheduled for release in February 2009.

Dorcas and Ambrose are two former magical matchmakers who were banished to Big Knob, Indiana for an unfortunate mag
Amanda
If you thought OVER HEXED was phenomenal, wait until you read WILD & HEXY! This story just bowled me over and left me rolling with laughter. The situations that the residents of Big Knob get into with Dorcas and Ambrose are priceless. This is such an engaging series and each character makes you feel like they are your best friend. Annie is the epitome of the girl next door—sweet, innocent, and beautiful. Jeremy, on the other hand is a total computer nerd—shy, nervous and a total wreck when i ...more
Susan
Not a bad book actually.

Jeremy's had a crush on Annie since high school, and when she returns to her hometown for her little sister's wedding, he finally gets his chance. With the help of the matchmaking witch and wizard who've moved to the town of Big Knob (yes, that is the name of the town, and yes, they do make jokes about it...), and the shy but lonely lake monster Dee-Dee, Jeremy and Anne are about to get more than they bargained for.

Okay, that's my description, now for my review... I liked
Anita
This is a light paranormal romance with excellent chemistry between the hero (computer geek Jeremy) and heroine (former beauty queen Annie). It gets downright steamy for a happily-ever-after vanilla romance. The only part I didn't like was Annie's self-flagulation over leading Jeremy on - because she wasn't looking for marriage, just a good time. I didn't buy that coming from a woman. The paranormal aspect has to do with the town matchmakers, who are witches, and a loch-ness type monster (who is ...more
Diana
Geeky Jeremy has had a crush on Annie Winston since high school, when Annie ruled as Dairy Queen. Now years later, Annie arrives back in Big Knob divorced and twenty pounds heavier, and Jeremy wants to make his move. Matchmaking witches Dorcas and Ambrose decide to help Jeremy land Annie, by infusing him with magic and confidence, and enlisting the aid of a certain lake monster.

This was another book where I just wanted to scream at the heroine about how foolish she is being. I enjoyed the matchm
Darcy
This one was so much better than the last. Jeremy, the town geek, always has had a crush on Annie, the town beauty queen. As Annie returns to town for her sisters wedding and her divorce, months before, Jeremy decides to take a chance. Along with some help from Dorcas and Ambrose Jeremy and Annie end up together, and just as you can't eat one chip, neither can they stop having sex after one time, which leads to lots of fun that includes a loch ness monster, flowers that have penis's, a crazy old ...more
Mary
2nd book about the matchmaking magic in Big Knob Indiana. Jeremy, a computer geek, meets up with Annie, the former prom queen he has always loved. With a little help from Dorcas and Ambrose (the witches from Overhexed) they have a second chance to connect.

This book was funny and well written. I enjoy most of Thompson's writing but this series is really entertaining. I genuinely liked the characters and rooted for them to come together. I am looking forward to Casual Hex, the next book in the se
Cferjani
May 18, 2014 Cferjani added it
Shelves: magic
(blank)
Jodi
I liked the first book in this series better...mostly because they were both so much alike. Girl comes from the big city, meets small-town boy, they fall in love with the help of Dorcas and Ambrose, and girl needs to decide if she can live in small town or not. About the only difference was that Annie grew up in Big Knob. If they wouldn't have been so similliar I probably would have liked it more. I did enjoy the further details about Dee-Dee and Goerge though.
Ryann Murphy
Annie returning home to attend her sister's wedding and encounters two things she never expected - she's suddenly attracted to the class nerd from high school (who has had a crush on her for years) and the town is inhabited by match-making magicians that all serve as caretakers for a lake monster and dragon.

A funny and fast fantasy read from the always enjoyable Thompson. This one rates a 4.5 out of 5 on the chili pepper steaminess scale of love.

Donna
Another entertaining book in this charming and humourous fantasy series. Love the characters - the dragon with the attitude issues, the poker playing cheating raccoons, the lonely lake monsters, a scooter riding warlock, and main characters who'd make great friends in real life. Perfect for those times when you need a book that leaves a smile on your face as you finish it. A really enjoyable story.
Natalie
This is book 2 in the Hex series, of which I never read book 1. I've enjoyed her short stories in various anthologies that I've read so I when I came across this one I thought I'd give it a try. Ugh! This book is almost painfully bad. Nina Bangs does the supernatural matchmaker thing so much better (nobody's better than Sparkle Stardust). I won't be bothering with the third book in the trilogy.
Tofu Fairy
love love love this series...this is book #2 and it was just as fun if not more than book #1...there are only 3 books in this series but I am hoping for more! If you like your romance very steamy and a little fun/supernatural with some LOL humor, this is a series for you!
Kim
Cute and light series. I like it. Dorcas and Ambrose are very loving characters and the poor town is so unsuspecting of what exactly these two are up to. I really like George the forest guardian...he reminds me of a few people I've know.
Cheryl
I have not read the first book in the Hex Series but I didn't think it made a difference. Wild and Hexy is a great stand alone book. It had my smiling and laughing throughout the book. I can't wait to read the other books in this series.
Lisakit
Book 2.

Magical match-makers add even more complications on the road to romance. And then there's the dragon. What's a nice resident of Big Knob, Indiana to do?

Another light and fun series from Vicki Lewis Thompson.
Courtney
Another cute book in the Hex Series by Vicki Lewis Thompson. I liked book number one a little better than this one, but it was still good. Can't wait for book three to come out in February. Gwen's story should be fun!
Adrienne
This is the second book in the series. This book is a light, fun read with the same trademark blend of comedy and romance. Thompson hasn't disappointed me yet. If you enjoyed her "Nerd" series, you'll enjoy this.
Jenn
Disappointing. I found this book very slow and boring. No real action and not an interesting story line. Lake monsters, dragons in the forest, witches and magic tricks.
Karry
Very sweet! Love Dee-Dee! George is still rockin'! Also the story line was very cute with lots of laughs and steamy encounters! Great read!
Cheryl
Interesting characters again but once more, she's the one who gives up everything to be with the "love of her life." At least he offered this time.
Lissa Smith
More magical adventures in Big Knob with a cast you can't help but cheer for. A super fun read filled with plenty of laughs to keep you reading.
Jenny
Enjoying the series, but This was my least favorite so far. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but I didn't like the female lead much.
Leslie
Another cute installment in this series! I had about 20 pages left and immediately placed the 3rd book on reserve at my library.
Michelle
Fun read. To some extent it's the standard formula romance but there is some magic and mythological creatures thrown in.
wanda flanagan
I realy liked this book the magic and comedyadded to this romance just the right touches I definatly reccomend
Angela
i read this in an afternoon. i'm hoping the "fact" that if you read romance you get more romance works somehow.
  • Hex Appeal (Hex, #2)
  • Gone with the Witch (Triplet Witch Trilogy, #2)
  • Charmed & Deadly (Bronwyn the Witch, #3)
  • In the Heat of the Bite (Regency Vampyre Trilogy, #2)
  • Devour (Institut Scientifique, #1)
  • Cupid Cats (Dark Ones #7.5 (Unleashed))
  • My Favorite Witch
  • Must Love Dragons (Immortally Sexy, #2)
  • A Breath of Magic (Magic, #3)
  • Surf's Up
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal ...more
More about Vicki Lewis Thompson...
Nerd in Shining Armor (Nerds, #1) A Werewolf in Manhattan (Wild About You, #1) The Nerd Who Loved Me (Nerds, #2) Nerd Gone Wild (Nerds, #3) Blonde with a Wand (Babes on Brooms, #1)