Last Wolf Watching (Bloodrunner, #3)

Last Wolf Watching (Bloodrunners #3)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  770 ratings  ·  48 reviews
There was nothing simple about what Brody Carter had to do...With any other woman, it would be. But not with Michaela Doucet. He barely knew the provocative Cajun, but already her beautiful face haunted his dreams. True, women like Michaela never took an interest in guys like him--ones who were scared and bitter enough not to care what the world thought about them. But tha...more
Paperback, Silhouette Nocturne #39, 283 pages
Published May 1st 2008 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Last Wolf Watching, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Wolf Watching

Julie (jjmachshev)
Good finish to the Blood Runners series by Rhyannon Byrd. Hot, scrumptious, Alpha males and the women who pseudo-tame them!

Brody carried his scars on his face and body. Michaela carried hers inside. They were both afraid of opening themselves up to possible rejection.

Brody didn't know what it was about her...but damn, she smelled good! Unfortunately for him, now he had to tell her that the brother she knew was gone. He'd been attacked by a Rogue werewolf and would turn or die tomorrow night.

Mich...more
Starry
Kathy
Dianne
Great characters! Great conflict, not overplayed.

Update: 2013 - I am off to re-read this series this summer, because I need a "Wolf" fix!
Lynetta
Whose Next

I'm a fan of the Bloodrunners, half human and half lycan breed, who fight against rogue factions to protect their way of life. Last Wolf Watching is book number three featuring the Bloodrunner Brody Carter and Michaela Doucet. Doucet wages a fight of her own to win Brody's affection. Bloodrunner books are fast paced and easy to read with an interesting mixture of mystery and romance. i like the familiarity of the characters who present from book to book. At the end, there is a clear pi...more
Melindeeloo
This may be the 'Last Wolf' in the trilogy but keep Watching for more Wolves from Byrd

In Last Wolf Watching, werewolf Brody sees himself as the 'Beast' to the lovely Cajun psychic Michaela's 'Beauty'. But as Michaela soon discovers, the scars on Brody's skin are nothing compared to the one's that Brody carries on his heart and soul.

One thing that Byrd does really well in this series is that each romance is original, each wolf pursuing his mate has different issues and Byrd doesn't automatically...more
Alyssa :::Riverina Romantics:::
Posted at: Riverina Romantics
Rating: 5/5*
Romance Rating: 4/5 <3

I’m going to take Brody and lock him up in my closet. He just oozes sex and held me captive throughout the book. Seriously, he needs to come with a warning.

Caution: May cause swooning, loss of speech, and the irresistible urge to lay down and be taken.

Ok, now that that is out of my system…

For those of you who haven’t heard of this series, I can give a general consensus. It is about a group of werewolves known as Blood Runners. T...more
Britta
Mar 27, 2009 Britta rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kim, Milli, Erin
Scarred, emotionally and physically, Brody Carter, Blood Runner, has been barely holding it all together since Mason's wedding to Tori. Also known as: The day that damn Cajun came into his life.

When her best friend is married and then her brother is attacked, Michaela Doucet is forced into the world of the paranormal. A world she always believed in. But never saw herself in.

When her brother passes the first werewolf ceremony (transforming into a werewolf two nights after he has been attacked a...more
Ann-Kristin
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! Hah! The blonde killer..oh yeah.
But I guess it's not that good for the plot when a reader could sense it in the first book?

This book was way better than the previous one. But what ruins it a bit for me is that the endings are way to romantic. I'm not even putting a spoiler alert on that one, you all know it's a HEA book ladies! I really don'y like it when somene as über alpha as a werewolf turns into a 6 foot tall furry ball filled with romance and uni...more
Tesa Walker
All I can say is yum! I fell in love with Brody so fast! The strong silent type, who doesn't share his feelings. And Mic was a great woman for him. Loved how she could read people. That would be a talent worth having. I felt bad about Max being turned, but again Mrs. Byrd wrote a fantastic story.
Judith
Dark, damaged, repressed hero who is now committed to keeping the heroine safe--a Cajun lady who has some paranormal powers as yet undeveloped. Her beauty attracts him and yet he fears himself and his power to hurt. He must keep her safe from a racist elder of the local pack who is out to build a rogue werewolf army to hunt humans for food and destroy all weres who are not pure. (Hitler lives!) Anyway, it is a very well-written novel--Ms Byrd is certainly an experienced writer and has proven her...more
Michelle Tempted By Books
This third book in the Bloodrunner series is better than the previous two but still I have my hangups. It seemed to me the whole series was about Werewolves with angst. I have a really hard time believing so many grown men are still holding onto mommy & daddy issues as well as woe is me I am a "monster" issues. If your parent is a were as well, where do these ideas come from? I like Michaela a lot, I met her in the first novel and I still love her no nonsense, back talking. She is just pushi...more
Jennette
I am much happier with this story than the last one. Mic and Brody are so much more likable than Jillian and Jeremy. I liked how the continuing story over all 3 books was mostly solved at the end.
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Brody Carter is a Bloodrunner with tortured past. He bears mental and physical scars from his past and they keep him from having a real relationship with anyone. Unfortunately as soon as he meets Michaela he knows she is his destined mate. Now not only does he have to protect her from rogue wolves and a killer who is looming about but he also has to protect himself from falling in love with her.

This book had a little bit of a Beauty and the Beast feel to it (he is too scarred and messed up for t...more
Amanda
my favorite book in the series so far. I always love the dark and troubled one lol
Marru Aguilar
Este fue un poco mas facil para atrapar y se nota el despliegue de la escritura pero el final va a lo mismo.

Brody me gusta es un personaje fuerte aunque atormentado y miedoso.
Michaela es desidida, segura e insegura tal como debe ser una mujer en un mundo como ese.

Dylan es predecible y los demas Drake y Steffano estan en el mismo camino y son los malos faciles de matar porque la lucha va a dar ya al final.
Angel Ruess
Definitely the most interesting book of the series. Entertaining form the first page until the last!
Tasneem
A good, fast paced easy read that continues the world of the Bloodrunners. I enjoyed reading about Brody and Micheala, although sometimes they just seemed too caught up in their own pity parties to really be belieavable. I did like however that Michaela did not give up on Brody, that she kept making the moves when he tried to deny their attraction for each other.
Cathy
This is the BEST of the series by far. Loved Michaela right from the start, she lacks the whiny character of a few of the authors other heroines.
Rayna
Well again im am dissapointed in originality of the mated pair. i feel as if im reading the first book over again with a continuation of the story line. As i like the character development and the story i am dissapointed that the mated pair take so long to act on their desire. a let down for me.
Stacie
May 02, 2008 Stacie added it
This is the third book in this series. It is about a brooding werewolf who is a Runner for his pack. He mets a human whose brother has been turned in a fight with a rogue member of the pack. She turns out to be his lifemate but he does not believe that he deserves a lifemate due to his past.
Denni
Nov 17, 2008 Denni rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Werewolf and PnR fans
A satisfying conclusion to the first portion of this new series. Readers will be entertained with more werewolf action, werewolf romance, werewolf politics, and steamy werewolf sex!

Anxiously waiting for the next releases in the series.
Marina Y.
Probably my favorite out of the 3 books, because I love a wounded hero. Scarred and insecure Brody was very irresistible. Absolutely loved Michaela. She was fierce and strong and didn't whine and hurt, even though I wanted to whine and hurt for her!
Autumn
I read this book again and again. I have a weakness for wounded heroes. Brody (the hero) is scarred and insecure. Michaela is determined to get close. He is a dominant male. Not a book for you if you prefer sweet romances.
Karen
Brood Broday and Beauitful Michaela have to say this was my favouirte one out of the bloodrunners to-date. I got alot more about Cian and cant wait to see his book hopeful we see something from his past in Ireland
Sofia
lovd how she has the strenght to fight against him, for both their future together! but he goesn't break easily, he is as sturborn as they get, puling away from her, from her felling as his, but they win.
Samira Lupiac
writting needs a lot of work, not commepeling enough
Rurae
A return to form after a not so good second book. I loved Brody another really alpha male hero and my favorite of the blood runners so far. Great story and again with the great descriptive writing from Byrd.
Polly
To borrow a phrase from the book.. Brave. Beautiful. Honorable and Strong. This book was all of that.
Great Hero and Heroine. Action packed from page one to the end. I love this series.
Emily
I have started reading this book because it is the last in a three part series. It was an okay book but never really resolves the problems of the main characters they just sort of get over it.
  • Dance Of The Wolf (The Pack #8)
  • Wild Hunt (Unbound #3)
  • Scions: Revelation (Scions #3)
  • Sentinels: Lion Heart (Sentinels #2)
  • Familiar Stranger (Dark Enchantments #1)
  • Beast of Desire (Knights of White #2)
  • Dark Deceiver (The Esri # 2)
  • Vanished (Guardians #3)
  • Alpha Wolf (Alpha Force, #2)
  • Dark Truth (Warriors for the Light #2)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves, #3)
  • Veiled Truth (Valorian Chronicles #3)
Rhyannon Byrd is an avid, longtime fan of romance and the national bestselling author of more than twenty paranormal and erotic titles. She has been nominated for three Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Awards, including best Shape-shifter Romance, and her books have been translated into nine languages. After having spent years enjoying the glorious sunshine of the American South and Southwest, Rhy...more
More about Rhyannon Byrd...
Dark Wolf Rising (Bloodrunners, #4) Edge Of Hunger (Primal Instinct, #1) Take Me Under (Dangerous Tides, #1) Touch of Seduction (Primal Instinct, #4) Last Wolf Standing (Bloodrunners #1)