Start by marking “Never Preach Past Noon (Leigh Koslow Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Never Preach Past Noon (Leigh Koslow Mystery #3)

Never Preach Past Noon (Leigh Koslow Mystery #3)

Leigh and Aunt Bess suspect the Reverend Humphrey is a con-artist. But you can't investigate a suspect you can't find -- and everywhere Leigh looks she turns up more evidence that the missing parson fell victim to foul play....
Published October 1st 2000 by Signet (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Never Preach Past Noon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Preach Past Noon

Liz
Jul 09, 2015 Liz added it
Shelves: crime
I have mostly stopped reviewing these kinds of books, because I read them to switch off, and it doesn't seem fair to hold them to the same scrutiny and standards as I do other books. So I'm not giving it a rating, and if I were reviewing properly I would say that I mostly enjoyed this book, and I think each one (this is the third) has been better than the last. I will give the next one a try.

But. Argh! One thing that really put me off in this book was Leigh's attitude to the love interest. He is
Sharon
Aug 28, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it
If you like cozy mysteries you will like this series. This is my favorite so far.
Dana
May 20, 2013 Dana rated it it was amazing
This one kept me guessing.
Forgetfulone
Apr 02, 2015 Forgetfulone rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2015
Cute story. It's the third in the series about Leigh Koslow. This time, it's her aunt that draws her into the mystery surrounding the preacher in her church who apparently is a con man. When he ends up dead, there are a number of possible suspects. Let me just say, it's not as predictable as you might think at first. The plot is clever, sometimes humorous, and fun. The authors wraps everything up neatly in the end. There's a concept! The author's style is somewhat like Janet Evanovich, which I e ...more
K.C. Rivers
May 14, 2014 K.C. Rivers rated it liked it
Not quite as good as the first two in the series. The mystery wasn’t as…um…well, mysterious. Yeah. Given that it is an older publication, I can’t really call it too cliché because it wasn’t at the time.

I enjoyed it for the most part, and hot dang was I glad that (view spoiler) I still look forward to the rest of the series, though I hope the next one is a little bette
Kathryn Moore
Aug 03, 2013 Kathryn Moore rated it really liked it
Book #3 in the Leigh Koslow series.
Leigh works in at an ad agency. Also helps her dad at his veterinary clinic.
In this book her aunt's preacher is found dead in a freezer. Was it murder? Of course. He didn't put himself there. But everything is not as it seems. Leigh investigates with her Aunt Bess. Side story is her relationship with her long time friend from college, Warren.
Lori
Nice 'cozy' mystery (and series). The characters and 'environment' started out well written and the plotting has gotten better with each book. I look for good detail and local color and this series delivers. Well worth the low cost (look for the 1, 2, 3 bundle).

Note: Three stars is as high as I'll go for a genre series.
Harley
Jul 03, 2015 Harley rated it it was amazing
This is the third Leigh Koslow mystery that I have read and it is the best of the three. I am still not enamored of Leigh but I do like the characters that surround her. The character that drives this story is her aunt.
Rosemarie
Jan 28, 2015 Rosemarie rated it really liked it
I'm really starting to enjoy this series. Edie Claire is a writer who, like me, loves the art of the plot twist. I have to say, I was surprised by the "whodunnit" at the end. A well-written plot and excellent denouement!
Mascanlon
Aug 28, 2011 Mascanlon rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Advertising copywriter Leigh Koslow is helping her Aunt Bess figure out whats going on at The Church of the New Millennium. Is the dead Reverend a saint or a con artist? A light mystery but good puzzles and very likable characters.
Shirley Worley
Oct 23, 2016 Shirley Worley rated it liked it
Leigh helps expose her Aunt's minister for who he really is - a con man. But it's not as easy as it seems, especially when the minister turns up dead. Lots of twists and turns in this plot.

Enjoyable read. Third in the series, and my favorite so far.
Chris
Aug 19, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
another good one in the leigh koslow series :)
Cheryl Landmark
Mar 23, 2014 Cheryl Landmark rated it really liked it
Review to come soon.
Jean C. Liles
Light read..mystery. I enjoy her books as an escape after reading something more intense...
HELEN A. RITTENHOUSE
Edie Claire

Another good read by Edie Claire. She starts out slow and builds up the suspense. Leigh is a delightful character and I enjoy following her mishaps and adventures.
Marguerite Kaye
Jan 11, 2015 Marguerite Kaye rated it liked it
The third in a Leigh Koslow boxed set I bought, and like the other two, a solid, entertaining read that delivered what it promised. I enjoyed it, and at some point I will probably go back for more.
Carrie
Mar 21, 2013 Carrie rated it really liked it
These books just keep getting better! There are enough twists in the plot to keep you guessing, or surprise you, while the pace of the book moves along quickly.
John
May 17, 2013 John rated it really liked it
good plot but I figured who out.
Debbie
Jul 07, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read.
Trudy
Jan 06, 2014 Trudy rated it really liked it
Leigh Koslow cozy mystery featuring a con-man pastor and Leigh's feisty Aunt Bess. Very entertaining.
Teresa
Jan 09, 2013 Teresa rated it really liked it
This series has been a great one so far; but this is my favorite as it has a bit more romance in with the sleuthing.
Tone Crossman
Aug 10, 2016 Tone Crossman rated it it was amazing
Third in series and looking forward to more
Ellen
Nov 13, 2012 Ellen rated it really liked it
Another great story in the series. I did guess one of the twists, but the epilogue blew me away!
Linda
Sep 28, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
This is the correct synopsis for this book.
ashley
Nov 22, 2016 ashley rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, mystery, cozy
Not as good as two... sort of drug on, I wasn't as interested in the plot. I am hooked on the series though, so on to four!
Elizabeth
Sep 20, 2015 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jacqueline
Mar 01, 2013 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys suspense.
Lizz
Jan 29, 2012 Lizz rated it liked it
I love Aunt Bess!!!
Jennyanne ORIENTE
Loved it

I am really enjoying reading Edies books! I absolutely love them and recommend them!! I can't wait to read the next one.
Karen-Leigh
This is my second read through this series and I am liking it better the second time around.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #3 - Never Preach Past Noon 1 3 Jan 06, 2014 07:11PM
  • Wined and Died (Home Crafting Mystery, #5)
  • Murder and Salutations (A Card Making Mystery, #3)
  • Murder Grins and Bears It (Gertie Johnson, #2)
  • Death at a Drop-In (Myrtle Clover Mystery #5)
  • Restoreth My Soul (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #5)
  • Arsenic and Old Paint (An Art Lover's Mystery, #4)
  • Murder by Artifact: The Mystery Quilt (Theo and Tony Abernathy Mystery, #2)
  • No Trace (Brock & Kolla, #8)
  • Mama Gets Hitched (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #3)
  • Lying With the Dead
  • Brush With Death (An Art Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Jack Strong
  • The Cat, the Lady and the Liar (A Cats in Trouble Mystery, #3)
  • Moving Violation (A Chloe Boston Mystery, #1)
  • Compulsion (Emily Stone #1)
  • Dead Light District (A Sasha Jackson Mystery)
  • An Interrupted Tapestry
  • Jacob Two-Two and the Dinosaur
20981
No matter the genre, USA-Today bestselling novelist and playwright Edie Claire strives to infuse all her writing with both warmth and humor. Her family-friendly Leigh Koslow cozy mystery series, a favorite of animal lovers that was originally published in 1999, was reborn in 2012 to become a Kindle Top-10 bestseller. Her romantic novels range from women’s fiction with romantic elements to a blend ...more
More about Edie Claire...

Leigh Koslow Mystery (9 books)
  • Never Buried (Leigh Koslow Mystery #1)
  • Never Sorry (Leigh Koslow Mystery #2)
  • Never Kissed Goodnight (Leigh Koslow Mystery #4)
  • Never Tease a Siamese (Leigh Koslow Mystery #5)
  • Never Con a Corgi (Leigh Koslow Mystery #6)
  • Never Haunt A Historian (Leigh Koslow Mystery #7)
  • Never Thwart a Thespian (Leigh Koslow Mystery #8)
  • Never Steal a Cockatiel (Leigh Koslow Mystery #9)