Start by marking “Hokus Pokus” as Want to Read:
Hokus Pokus

Hokus Pokus (Sisterhood #9)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  3,385 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
There is no match for the Sisterhood – the seven friends who have taken vigilante justice to a new level – not even the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Although the women foiled former FBI director Mitch Riley’s plot to frame their friends Judge Nellie Easter and lawyer Lizzie Fox, now they must remain in exile or risk capture. They can’t complain about their opulent digs ...more
Audio CD
Published April 1st 2008 by Brilliance Audio (first published December 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Hokus Pokus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hokus Pokus

Denise
Oct 23, 2015 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Sisterhood is back again! A fun, light read with some good laughs.
Heather
Apr 23, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sisterhood #9 Rules of the Game #2

I'm going to keep this super simple because yet again technology hates me and erased my first attempt at reviewing this.

*Old friend of Nellie, Myra, and Annie needed the Sisterhoods help.
* Supreme Court Justice Pearl Barnes being blackmailed by ex-son in law
* Sisterhood returns to the USA in Style...if you can rock and roll G-String Girls iconic G-Strings and pasties style.....
*Their nemisis Post reporter Ted Robinson is hot on their tail yet again
*With the FBI
Tara Kable
Oct 08, 2013 Tara Kable rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fern-michaels
I thought this book was hilarious! I mean there is g-string girls, and firecrackers in places they shouldnt be! Ha!! Im a little over Ted, but thankfully he wasnt as prominent in this book. All in all, another good addition to the series.
Debbie
Mar 30, 2008 Debbie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok I think I am done with the sisterhood books. They are getting really unrealistic and too violent for me. Too bad because I really kind of liked the first couple of books in the series.
Paula Coffey
Nov 14, 2016 Paula Coffey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

There was never a dull moment and even I wanted to throttle Ted! Thank you four the adventure. BTW, there isn't enough latex in this world that would fool anyone into believing that I could be a G-String Girl . . . lol
Bette
Dec 02, 2016 Bette rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up-on
Seemed redundant....after I read 4 in a row!
Jean Kovats
Oct 25, 2016 Jean Kovats rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting how the group expands.
Kathy Davie
Oct 26, 2011 Kathy Davie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Ninth in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series based in Washington D.C. although the ladies are currently in exile in Spain and revolving around a group of women seeking a more just justice than could be found in the courts.

The Story
Supreme Court Chief Justice Pearl Barnes is in trouble. And she's not above blackmailing one of her oldest friends into helping her. When the judge confronts Nellie Easter with what she knows and what she needs, Nellie is appalled. She wants to help her friend. H
Doris
Aug 03, 2013 Doris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title caught my eye right away and the synopsis sounded intriguing. This package being provided by author Fern Michaels rounded off a good deal - I simply could not resist. However ...
Well, what I found rather disturbing was that the story was introduced as a Sisterhood ... only to be organised and controlled by men. That, somehow, did not quite make sense - to me anyhow. Yes, there is a sisterhood - in fact, most main players are women who do appear to have a say in the overall matters, but
Diane
Jun 23, 2015 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this Sisterhood Book. It is the ninth in the series but I have read them totally out of order and it doesn't matter. Each book stands on its own.

The participants of the sisterhood are characters that are well developed and each have their own separate and distinct personalities from Annie who is older and ready for any adventure to Katherine who appears to be harder and more grounded.

The seven friends who are also called "The vigilantes" take matters into their own hands when a severe in
Kathy
Rhonda
Apr 01, 2008 Rhonda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery and humor fans.
Judge Easter was not expecting the surprise visit from Supreme Court Justice Pearl Barnes at the time of night when everyone should be sleeping but that doesn't compare to what was told to her by her good friend Pearl.
Needless to say, after not much thought Judge Easter calls Charles Martin with a situation that can't wait to be fixed and there is not a wide window of opportunity in which to fix the problem.
On the otehr side of the world the Sisters are restless and itching to get back to the S
Amylou1977
Jun 11, 2008 Amylou1977 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NOT EVEN AN OCEAN CAN KEEP THE SISTERHOOD FROM HELPING A FRIEND IN NEED...There is no match for the Sisterhood-the seven friends who have taken vigilante justice to a new level-not even the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Although the women foiled former FBI director Mitch Riley's plot to frame their friends judge Nellie Easter and lawyer Lizzie Fox, now they must remain in exile or risk capture They can't complain about their opulent digs on a remote, luxurious mountain top, but the ladies des ...more
Susan
Aug 27, 2013 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
I enjoyed the book and most of the characters, although it was obvious I was missing some information about them. Perhaps I would have liked it more if I had realized it's a series and this was not the first book. The plot: I group of refugee vigilantes is called in to help take down blackmailers of a judge. The judge runs an underground railroad to help women and children escape violent men.
The problem is I can't figure out what happened to get the vigilantes on the run. And I don't understand
Brenda Benoit
Aug 11, 2015 Brenda Benoit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the last couple of books in this series kind of disappointing me, this book was a welcome relief. It seemed with the last couple books the buildup to the mission was a lot more exciting than the actual mission. Not so with this book. Finally a mission that lasted more than a few pages like they did in the beginning of the series. Can't wait to read the next one to find out what Ted does next to try to bring the vigilantes down although I would love to see him back together with Maggie. Rea ...more
Linda Farrell
Once again, quick, easy to follow, great plot but...the author is of another age, straining to be 'hip, up-to-date' and the strain shows. Reactions are way over the top with characters going ballistic over tiny things, just to show the writer has a grasp of today's language. Romance is thrown in, again with a far reach. There's always a 'tear in the eye' as their eyes meet, star crossed lovers...hmmm, no, that's wrong as I can't remember anything more than brief kisses taking place. I wish the s ...more
Rhonda
Sep 07, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jodi
Jan 31, 2011 Jodi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Becky
Dec 08, 2015 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 9 in the Sisterhood series where the ladies who are now helping Supreme Court Chief Justice Pearl Barnes who is being blackmailed by her ex son-in-law. Pearl has been doing a bit of her own underground, illegal brand of justice. Again the ladies are leaving their exile to come back to the US and hope not to be captured. Another great book in the series. The only negative I have for the book is that there are getting to be too many characters being added and to the Sisterhood. I personally e ...more
Kayefex
Jul 23, 2015 Kayefex rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Frankly, I felt this book was shabby at best. The plot was not terrible, but the dialogue and action were all completely fantastic. And by fantastic, I mean "of fantasy," not "good." I had a hard time suspending my disbelief at the juvenile and unprofessional antics of these alleged world-class operators. In addition, Fern Michaels should probably invest in a thesaurus. She used the exact same phrasings multiple times.
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
After reading the Sisterhood series, I am really disappointed how this continuing series is going. The series probably should have stopped before now. The stories are getting a bit far-fetched and much more violent. I'm not liking the girls as much as I did before. I will continue to read the series as I own it...crossing my fingers that FM does the next one better. She definitely dropped the ball with this one.
Mark Buehl
Aug 12, 2010 Mark Buehl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book from the Sisterhood series. It is funny and still a very serious thriller book. I am not reading this series by Fern Michaels in order. I maybe should, but since I started in the middle and have been working in both directions, this review maybe tainted some. Each book in the Sisterhood Series adds members to the Sisterhood group and foils the bad guys in the end. You know they will, but still getting the end is very enjoyable and a very good read.

Sandy
While this book was somewhat predictable based on the length of the series, it was a good book overall. It is always interesting to find out what the girls are going to do next!

Fern Michaels is an excellent author and has a way of putting readers rights into the story. She is one of the few authors that I can read with noise in the background, as she is capable of getting my interest so deep in the story that I block out my surroundings!
Carol  MacInnis
Jun 16, 2011 Carol MacInnis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Now that the Sisterhood has foiled Mitch Riley, they have been placed in a remote mountaintop home away from home that has everything one would want, but the girls are getting homesick for the beloved USA.

Now Supreme Court Chief Justice Pearl Barnes has called on the 'chicks' to help her out, which means 'sneaking' back into the States without anyone's knowledge and help their friend. Another Fern Michaels classic!
Elizabeth
Mar 15, 2009 Elizabeth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Patricia Solla
Mar 18, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
And so it continues. The stunts that are described are not easily pulled off but between the situations and the solutions this storyline continues to be fun, slightly romantic, and exciting to read. Now they are back on American soil. Guess we'll be finding what happens next as the series continues.
Wanda
Jun 27, 2013 Wanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book. I think it was better than the last book. Although some parts were not great, the rest kept me in suspense. I am curious as to what happened to Maggie and Ted. I'm not exactly sure what justice was done to the enemy. I do love the Myra and Annie interaction. It really makes me laugh.
Christy
Aug 16, 2010 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pearl, Chief Justice, goes to the vigilantes, a group of women who take justice into their own hands, for help as she is being blackmailed by her ex son in law. The women do a stint as the “G string” girls. The ending was very weak, no solution as to what happened to the blackmailers, or if there were more people involved.
Darlene Ferland
Aug 24, 2013 Darlene Ferland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is so good! The Vigilantes are at it again but this time they have to travel back to the USA to help a Supreme Court Justice. Dressed as a scantily clad member of an all-girl rock group, they are smuggled into DC. Even the ladies of a certain are latex bound and look a lifetime younger.
Doreen Maher
Jan 14, 2016 Doreen Maher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

As always the sisterhood capers are very good welcome to my day. I am amazed at the many ways they can change their appearance and not get caught and if they could work in real life.
  • Vineyard Fear (Martha's Vineyard Mystery #4)
  • GRINGA - In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug-Lord (#3)
  • Random Acts
  • Gold Rush Brides: Emmy
  • My Mr. Rochester (Jane Eyre Retold, #1)
  • Lord of the Abbey (Lords of Avalon #1)
  • Ricky (Mail-Order Brides Club #5)
  • Apparition Lake
  • The Spellbound Spirit (The Curious Collectibles #2)
  • The Bride Price (An African Romance, #1)
  • An Earl Like No Other
  • Alma's Mail Order Husband (Texas Brides #1)
  • Capture The Rainbow (Sedikhan, #4)
  • The Day is a White Tablet
  • Once Upon a Christmas Carol
  • 6 Rainier Drive (Cedar Cove, #6)
  • Violet (Come By Chance Mail Order Brides #3)
  • Sara in Montana - A Christmas Wish
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8 / Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Fast Track
  • Collateral Damage (Sisterhood, #11 / Rules of the Game, #4)

“get it open. He was light-headed with relief. He blasted” 0 likes