Start by marking “Murder in a Nice Neighborhood (Liz Sullivan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Murder in a Nice Neighborhood (Liz Sullivan, #1)

Murder in a Nice Neighborhood (Liz Sullivan #1)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  102 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Mass Market Paperback, 187 pages
Published May 1st 1994 by Fawcett

To ask other readers questions about Murder in a Nice Neighborhood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder in a Nice Neighborhood

Ernie's War by Ernie PyleAlbert Nobbs by George MooreMagnificent Obsession by Helen RappaportThe Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar WildeBleeding Hearts by Susan Wittig Albert
Bert and Ernie
64th out of 108 books — 4 voters
Tremolo by Aaron Paul LazarMurder at the Vicarage by Agatha ChristieFront Page Fatality by LynDee WalkerThe Deep End by Julie MulhernDiners, Dives & Dead Ends by Terri L. Austin
Amateur Detective
231st out of 260 books — 98 voters

More lists with this book...

Kavita Ramesh
Oct 08, 2015 Kavita Ramesh rated it really liked it
I've read the entire series (all 6 books), and this first one is definitely the best. For a cozy mystery read, you couldn't ask for more.

(If I recall correctly, the little dog featured on the cover does not show up until the next book, so it's funny they featured him on the cover for the first book as well.)
Collene
Jun 25, 2011 Collene rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Liz Sullivan is homeless and on the run from her abusive ex-husband. While she parks her minibus in a Palo Alta neighborhood for a night's rest, someone stuffs the dead body of another homeless acquitance under her van. Soon Liz is the main suspect of Detective Paul Drake and when another homeless person becomes a victim, she may not only be the main suspect but could possible be the next victim.
I truly enjoyed this book and plan on reading the next one in the series: Murder in the Marketplace.
LJ
MURDER IN A NICE NEIGHBORHOOD - VG
Roberts, Lora - 1st in series

While vagabond writer Liz Sullivan sleeps innocently in her '69 VW microbus, someone parks a dead body under it. Since she'd had words with the victim hours before, the police type her as the murderer--unless she's got a better alternative. Not easy for a determined loner like Liz, who has few friends and apparently one dangerous enemy. Luckily, her friends are more numerous than she suspected: the shrewd old ladies in her writing wo
Terri
Apr 06, 2008 Terri rated it really liked it
Liz Sullivan is a vagabond (her preferred word) livign out of her VW bus. When a homeless man she knows is murdered and put under her bus, she is the likely suspect.

I liked Liz and her sense of self-reliance, esp. after understanding the reasons for it. Interesting characters add to the story.

The mystery wasnt that hard to figure out but it was an enjoyable read.
Christine
Jul 31, 2011 Christine rated it it was amazing
I love the Liz Sullivan mysteries. I enjoy the setting of Liz living in her VW bug because it's different and the author's style is a pleasure to read. I know there are a few more Liz Sullivan mysteries, but I wish there were MANY more!
Jenn
Sep 07, 2011 Jenn rated it really liked it
Liz is someone I'd love to meet. She's a no muss no fuss type of lady. A vagabond who doesn't fit in with the rest of her ilk. And I see how she grows throughout this short mystery with the help and love of her friends and neighbors. By the way, I had totally guessed the killer wrong! That makes this an awesome mystery in my books :)
Cathi95
Oct 16, 2011 Cathi95 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
(Cozy mystery 1994) Liz, hiding from an abussive ex-husband, finds herself caught up in a murder investigation as the suspect. Although she has worked hard at being reclusive, she finds that she has made friends, who work with her to solve the murder and help her against the ex who eventually turns up. Liz Sullivan mystery #1.
Jill
Aug 03, 2013 Jill rated it it was amazing
I happened upon this old mystery, they synopsis sounded interesting. I enjoyed the book and the characters.
Michelle
Jan 02, 2013 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Great protagonist. Plotting and mystery a little weak.
Marleen
Nov 01, 2008 Marleen rated it really liked it
Recommended to Marleen by: Leuven Library
Fun read!
Laurel
Laurel added it
Mar 08, 2016
Su Fero
Su Fero rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Jesse
Jesse marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Craig Wiesner
Craig Wiesner rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Holly Prestridge
Holly Prestridge rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Charlotte Lynch
Charlotte Lynch rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Barbara Lynn
Barbara Lynn rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 21, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Cecile
Cecile rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Dorothy  Collins
Dorothy Collins rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Dee Ben
Dee Ben rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2015
Amy Clinton
Amy Clinton marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2015
Benny
Benny marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Aka Lora Roberts Smith, Lora R. Smith.

Lora Roberts was born and raised in Missouri, She's lived for twenty years in Palo Alto, California, where her two mystery series featuring homemaker/writer Bridget Montrose and vagabond Liz Sullivan take place. After doing newspaper work, public relations work, technical editing, and romances, She really enjoys writing mysteries.
More about Lora Roberts...

Liz Sullivan (6 books)
  • Murder in the Marketplace (Liz Sullivan, #2)
  • Murder Mile High (Liz Sullivan, #3)
  • Murder Bone by Bone (Liz Sullivan, #4)
  • Murder Crops Up (Liz Sullivan, #5)
  • Murder Follows Money (Liz Sullivan, #6)