Murder in a Nice Neighborhood (Liz Sullivan, #1)

Murder in a Nice Neighborhood (Liz Sullivan #1)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Mass Market Paperback, 187 pages
Published May 1st 1994 by Fawcett

LJ
MURDER IN A NICE NEIGHBORHOOD - VG
Roberts, Lora - 1st in series

While vagabond writer Liz Sullivan sleeps innocently in her '69 VW microbus, someone parks a dead body under it. Since she'd had words with the victim hours before, the police type her as the murderer--unless she's got a better alternative. Not easy for a determined loner like Liz, who has few friends and apparently one dangerous enemy. Luckily, her friends are more numerous than she suspected: the shrewd old ladies in her writing wo...more
Terri
Liz Sullivan is a vagabond (her preferred word) livign out of her VW bus. When a homeless man she knows is murdered and put under her bus, she is the likely suspect.

I liked Liz and her sense of self-reliance, esp. after understanding the reasons for it. Interesting characters add to the story.

The mystery wasnt that hard to figure out but it was an enjoyable read.
Collene
Liz Sullivan is homeless and on the run from her abusive ex-husband. While she parks her minibus in a Palo Alta neighborhood for a night's rest, someone stuffs the dead body of another homeless acquitance under her van. Soon Liz is the main suspect of Detective Paul Drake and when another homeless person becomes a victim, she may not only be the main suspect but could possible be the next victim.
I truly enjoyed this book and plan on reading the next one in the series: Murder in the Marketplace....more
Jenn
Liz is someone I'd love to meet. She's a no muss no fuss type of lady. A vagabond who doesn't fit in with the rest of her ilk. And I see how she grows throughout this short mystery with the help and love of her friends and neighbors. By the way, I had totally guessed the killer wrong! That makes this an awesome mystery in my books :)
Cathi95
(Cozy mystery 1994) Liz, hiding from an abussive ex-husband, finds herself caught up in a murder investigation as the suspect. Although she has worked hard at being reclusive, she finds that she has made friends, who work with her to solve the murder and help her against the ex who eventually turns up. Liz Sullivan mystery #1.
Christine
I love the Liz Sullivan mysteries. I enjoy the setting of Liz living in her VW bug because it's different and the author's style is a pleasure to read. I know there are a few more Liz Sullivan mysteries, but I wish there were MANY more!
Jill
I happened upon this old mystery, they synopsis sounded interesting. I enjoyed the book and the characters.
Michelle
Great protagonist. Plotting and mystery a little weak.
Marleen
Nov 01, 2008 Marleen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Marleen by: Leuven Library
Fun read!
Donna Allen
Donna Allen marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Teesa
Teesa marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Feb 13, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Pushpa
Pushpa marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Pamela Kern
Pamela Kern marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2013
Janet
Janet is currently reading it
Oct 01, 2013
Rose
Rose added it
Sep 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Aka Lora Roberts Smith, Lora R. Smith.

Lora Roberts was born and raised in Missouri, She's lived for twenty years in Palo Alto, California, where her two mystery series featuring homemaker/writer Bridget Montrose and vagabond Liz Sullivan take place. After doing newspaper work, public relations work, technical editing, and romances, She really enjoys writing mysteries.
More about Lora Roberts...
Murder Mile High (Liz Sullivan, #3) Murder in the Marketplace (Liz Sullivan, #2) Murder Bone by Bone (Liz Sullivan, #4) Murder Crops Up (Liz Sullivan, #5) Murder Follows Money (Liz Sullivan, #6)