Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People

Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  517 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Pastor Jim Cymbala calls us back to a fiery, passionate preoccupation with God that will restore what the enemy has stolen from us: our first love for Jesus, our zeal, our troubled children, our wounded marriages, our broken and divided churches. Born out of the heart and soul of The Brooklyn Tabernacle, the message of Fresh Faith is illustrated by true stories of men and...more
Published March 31st 2003 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published August 17th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Fresh Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fresh Faith

Stanley Lee
This book is simple. I usually don't like simple books. But this is a huge exception. It is one of the most formative books in my spiritual journey and I'm really grateful that I learned about the importance of prayer from this work.
Danny
Excellent book! Some of my favorite quotes:
How must God feel every Sunday when, all over the nation, so many people gather in churches but do so little actual praying?
The great battle of our spiritual lives is, "Will you believe?" It is not, "Will you try harder?"
"The hardest part of faith is often simply to wait".
Do we believe what our feelings and circumstances tell us, or do we believe what God has promised to do?
In fact, the greatest battle on earth has not been fought on the Normandy beache...more
Cindy
Faith isn't just agreeing in the head this is true, Faith is believing within the heart. Faith is especially nurtured when distractions are removed so that the voice of God can be heard, this takes time with Him, time in His Word, and time meditating. But most of all its following Jesus even when we don't understand or know why, when, or how; just like Abraham.

This book is filled with fresh insight to the need and desire for Faith in our Christian Churches and lives.
Ron Willoughby
Love Jim Cymbala's writing and preaching. Just a regular guy used by God, gives me hope in so many ways.
Valerie Van Moorsel
I really enjoyed reading this, took me a bit longer as i let things sink in, it challenged my faith and encouraged me to have a greater real faith in God who never fails and delivers on all m His promises.
i am glad that i came across this book and look forward to reading more from this author
Christian
Excellent book that every Christian needs to read! It's short and simple, but it is so full of biblical wisdom that will humble and convict you while always pointing to Christ. I'll definitely be reading more of Jim Cymbala's work.
Earl Gray

A good hearted, hope-filled book. I had read it when it first came out, and this re-reading of it was a great lift and encouragement.

Truth to be read, examined, and lived.
Isabella
I really love this book. I read it about 8yrs ago and it gave me a different perspective on faith and increased my faith. I read it again this year for a fresh look at faith!
Christiana
Jim Cymbala is one of my favorite preachers/pastors. The stories from his church are powerful!. Everytime I read one of his books I am reminded of how awesome God is!!

Ben Simmonds
A truly excellent book - filled with honest teaching and inspiring stories of practical faith and God's faithfulness! Make this book a priority - well worth the read.
~alyssa~
Sep 25, 2008 ~alyssa~ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All believers
Great read. Jim Cymbala uses biblical references and real life stories that have unfolded before his eyes, of how true faith can transform lives.
Lisa
Oct 24, 2008 Lisa is currently reading it
probably too fundamental for me, but i do like the images of taking back what evil has stolen. it seems appropriate when i think of my 9th grader....
Jamie Leeper
Great Book! Really shows what a strong faith can do!! You can change any bad circumstance through faith!
Hon3yb33
This book allows me to be optimistic in a world that looks at it as if it is childish.
Angela
I disagreed with some of his points. Too feeling-focused, not enough substance.
Jamie
This book was tremendously refreshing to me. Just simple and profound and good.
Scott Moore
Good book, but not quite as eye-opening as "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire."
Donna
This book will refocus you on your Christian walk.
Dwayne Smith
Shows how God works in the lives of His people.
Maria
Another awesome book.
Cindy Moyer
Good book. Easy reading.
Beverley
Awesome book
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Janine
Janine added it
Sep 10, 2014
Paulwp
Paulwp marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
  • Paul: A Man of Grace and Grit (Great Lives from God's Word, #6)
  • The Great House of God
  • What the Bible Is All About Bible Handbook NIV Edition
  • A Life God Rewards: Why Everything You Do Today Matters Forever
  • A Woman and Her God: Life-Enriching Messages
  • The Body
  • The Complete Works of E.M. Bounds on Prayer
  • The Believer's Authority
  • Ministry of Intercession
  • Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words: With Topical Index
  • Storm Warning
  • Everybody's Normal Till You Get to Know Them
  • Praying God's Will for Your Life: A Prayerful Walk to Spiritual Well Being
  • Ashamed Of The Gospel: When The Church Becomes Like The World
  • Primal: A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity
  • Intercessory Prayer: How God Can Use Your Prayers to Move Heaven & Earth
  • How to Pray
  • Seven Practices of Effective Ministry
Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God Spirit Rising: Tapping into the Power of the Holy Spirit Breakthrough Prayer: The Secret of Receiving What You Need from God The Life God Blesses: The Secret of Enjoying God's Favor

“It may not seem obvious at first glance, but the way we make decisions in life tells a lot about the kind of faith we have in Jesus Christ. ” 15 likes
“I have since learned that the most mature believer is the one who is bent over, leaning most heavily on the Lord, and admitting his total inability to do anything without Christ. The greatest Christian is not the one who has achieved the most but rather the one who has received the most.” 13 likes