Start by marking “Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People” as Want to Read:
Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People

Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  689 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Pastor Jim Cymbala calls us back to a fiery, passionate preoccupation with God that will restore what the enemy has stolen from us: our first love for Jesus, our zeal, our troubled children, our wounded marriages, our broken and divided churches.

Born out of the heart and soul of The Brooklyn Tabernacle, the message of Fresh Faith is illustrated by true stories of men and w
Published March 31st 2003 by Zondervan (first published August 17th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Fresh Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fresh Faith

Stanley Lee
Apr 23, 2007 Stanley Lee rated it it was amazing
This book is simple. I usually don't like simple books. But this is a huge exception. It is one of the most formative books in my spiritual journey and I'm really grateful that I learned about the importance of prayer from this work.
Danny
Dec 13, 2009 Danny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! Some of my favorite quotes:
How must God feel every Sunday when, all over the nation, so many people gather in churches but do so little actual praying?
The great battle of our spiritual lives is, "Will you believe?" It is not, "Will you try harder?"
"The hardest part of faith is often simply to wait".
Do we believe what our feelings and circumstances tell us, or do we believe what God has promised to do?
In fact, the greatest battle on earth has not been fought on the Normandy beache
Cindy
Jun 03, 2014 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, finished
Faith isn't just agreeing in the head this is true, Faith is believing within the heart. Faith is especially nurtured when distractions are removed so that the voice of God can be heard, this takes time with Him, time in His Word, and time meditating. But most of all its following Jesus even when we don't understand or know why, when, or how; just like Abraham.

This book is filled with fresh insight to the need and desire for Faith in our Christian Churches and lives.
Olivia Reid
May 20, 2015 Olivia Reid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At the time I read this book, I was not a very strong believer, still trying to find my way through troubling post-teen, early college life. However, it was exactly what I needed. I don't remember much except its impact that it had which was powerful ... And I guess that is one of the higher compliments you can give a book. It accomplished its purpose, influencing who I am today.
Aarti Royan
Jan 12, 2015 Aarti Royan rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I cannot recommend this book enough .. Like another review mentioned , this book is simple but it's the simple foundational steps that are most essential in building a rock solid faith and that's just what this book will do . Every testimony both from the bible and from Cymbala's church are highly impacting. Another brilliant book by Jim Cymbala.
Patrick Byrd
Feb 16, 2015 Patrick Byrd rated it it was amazing
If you like practical ways to tap into supernatural power.. Cymbala's books do just that and filled with encouragement they will leave you filled with Fresh Faith!
Steven Steele
Dec 04, 2014 Steven Steele rated it really liked it
An excellent book on what real faith looks like and how to achieve it. Every chapter was a real joy to read.
Ron Willoughby
Love Jim Cymbala's writing and preaching. Just a regular guy used by God, gives me hope in so many ways.
Susan B
Apr 14, 2016 Susan B rated it it was amazing
Every Christian should read this book. Real faith seems sadly lacking in today's world and we need a refreshing.
Michael Landstrom
Apr 10, 2015 Michael Landstrom rated it it was amazing
I like how Jim places stories of real people from his church throughout the book to show God's power of change. Well written. Many take away paragraphs that I will go back and reflect on.
Valerie Van Moorsel
May 27, 2013 Valerie Van Moorsel rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this, took me a bit longer as i let things sink in, it challenged my faith and encouraged me to have a greater real faith in God who never fails and delivers on all m His promises.
i am glad that i came across this book and look forward to reading more from this author
Christian
May 31, 2013 Christian rated it it was amazing
Excellent book that every Christian needs to read! It's short and simple, but it is so full of biblical wisdom that will humble and convict you while always pointing to Christ. I'll definitely be reading more of Jim Cymbala's work.
Earl Gray
Aug 06, 2012 Earl Gray rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faith

A good hearted, hope-filled book. I had read it when it first came out, and this re-reading of it was a great lift and encouragement.

Truth to be read, examined, and lived.
Isabella
May 07, 2012 Isabella rated it it was amazing
I really love this book. I read it about 8yrs ago and it gave me a different perspective on faith and increased my faith. I read it again this year for a fresh look at faith!
Christiana
Mar 07, 2007 Christiana rated it it was amazing
Jim Cymbala is one of my favorite preachers/pastors. The stories from his church are powerful!. Everytime I read one of his books I am reminded of how awesome God is!!

Ben Simmonds
Nov 20, 2012 Ben Simmonds rated it it was amazing
A truly excellent book - filled with honest teaching and inspiring stories of practical faith and God's faithfulness! Make this book a priority - well worth the read.
~alyssa~
Sep 25, 2008 ~alyssa~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All believers
Great read. Jim Cymbala uses biblical references and real life stories that have unfolded before his eyes, of how true faith can transform lives.
Lisa
Oct 24, 2008 Lisa is currently reading it
probably too fundamental for me, but i do like the images of taking back what evil has stolen. it seems appropriate when i think of my 9th grader....
Rhoda
Oct 06, 2015 Rhoda rated it really liked it
This was an encouraging and uplifting book and I'm so glad I picked it up to read it. I definitely want to read more books by Jim Cymbala
Lacey Michael
Dec 31, 2014 Lacey Michael rated it really liked it
what a great book to end the year on! good reminders and encouragement. loved it more than when i first read it.
Jamie Leeper
Jun 25, 2011 Jamie Leeper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book! Really shows what a strong faith can do!! You can change any bad circumstance through faith!
Hon3yb33
Mar 30, 2007 Hon3yb33 rated it it was amazing
This book allows me to be optimistic in a world that looks at it as if it is childish.
Angela
Mar 15, 2007 Angela rated it it was ok
Shelves: christian
I disagreed with some of his points. Too feeling-focused, not enough substance.
Jamie
Nov 18, 2010 Jamie rated it it was amazing
This book was tremendously refreshing to me. Just simple and profound and good.
Scott Moore
Feb 21, 2012 Scott Moore rated it really liked it
Good book, but not quite as eye-opening as "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire."
Donna
Aug 12, 2008 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book will refocus you on your Christian walk.
Dwayne Smith
Jul 30, 2011 Dwayne Smith rated it liked it
Shows how God works in the lives of His people.
Maria
Jun 08, 2013 Beverley rated it it was amazing
Awesome book
  • Hope for the Troubled Heart: Finding God in the Midst of Pain
  • E. M. Bounds on Prayer
  • The Invisible War: What Every Believer Needs to Know about Satan, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare
  • The Great House of God
  • The Name
  • Destined for the Throne
  • Ashamed of the Gospel: When the Church Becomes Like the World
  • Secret Power
Jim Cymbala has been the pastor of The Brooklyn Tabernacle for more than twenty-five years. The author of the best-selling titles Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire; Fresh Faith; and Fresh Power, he lives in New York City with his wife, Carol Cymbala, who directs the Grammy Award-winning Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.
More about Jim Cymbala...

“It may not seem obvious at first glance, but the way we make decisions in life tells a lot about the kind of faith we have in Jesus Christ. ” 20 likes
“I have since learned that the most mature believer is the one who is bent over, leaning most heavily on the Lord, and admitting his total inability to do anything without Christ. The greatest Christian is not the one who has achieved the most but rather the one who has received the most.” 15 likes