Start by marking “How to Fall out of Love: How to Free Yourself of Love That Hurts--and Find the Love That Heals...” as Want to Read:

FREE YOURSELF OF LOVE THAT HURTS--AND FIND THE LOVE THAT HEALS!

Love is the most beautiful of feelings, except when it turns to pain. This is a healing book, one t hat can help people overcome the pain of loving someone who does not or cannot them back. If you--or someone you care about--are struggling to recover from the loss of a lover, or to end a dead-end affair, this
Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Published November 1st 1985 by Grand Central Publishing

mysticbookworm
Jan 25, 2011 mysticbookworm rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
I highly recommend this book to anyone who is going through a tough/toxic relationship, or going through separation or divorce. Even if you aren't in a relationship, it helps with understanding that loving yourself first, before you ever get into a relationship, is the most important thing you can do for yourself.
Adrienne Girard
May 13, 2008 Adrienne Girard rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people in toxic relationships who are ready to leave, avid pop-psychology readers
this is a funny little book. the people in it and their interests are very '70s, and some of the examples of the recommended techniques sound silly - telling yourself aloud to STOP when you catch yourself thinking of someone, picturing a person in a repulsive manner (i really don't want to give the imagery on that one). the thing is though, i can really picture these things working, and many psychological theories are cited to back them up.

i can't say whether i'm a lab rat for whether they do, b
S.
My mother has now twice reminded me I read this when I was 14 or 15. So here it is on my 'read' list! I do remember it advised the lovelorn to put a rubber band around their wrist and snap it whenever the object of unrequited affection came to mind. I think I tried that.
Annie Feng
Jan 22, 2014 Annie Feng rated it really liked it
Practical psychology, it's good, and honestly it works. A little bleak in writing, but it is very practical.
Joshua
Jan 11, 2013 Joshua rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most helpful self-help books I've ever read. Though I began reading it as research for my life coaching beforehand, it was very helpful for me after my last breakup.

The book is really straightforward, and offers information only to explain the processes/activities it lists at the end of the chapter. If you're brokenhearted and you follow the book through and try each exercise, you'll see that your life drastically improves.
Peter
Nov 16, 2014 Peter rated it it was amazing
great book for when are hurt emotionally. but also serves as an reminder that relationships are fragile. great read. and tons of directly practically applicable exercises to get out of vulnerable state and live your own life
Max Mendoza
Nov 08, 2012 Max Mendoza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I have tried a lot of books, seminars and other stuff but here is just what I wanted. Quick advice and proven techniques to get rid of your ghost from the past.I really recommend this book.
Elizabeth
Aug 08, 2011 Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Alas, I'm still in love. It did give me a good image for ridicule, though.
Miss Adventures In The Dating World™
This book actually helped me when I separated from my daughter's dad.
Ibyang
Aug 02, 2012 Ibyang rated it liked it
so far... 3 out of 5 :-)
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Laurie MacK
Laurie MacK rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Becky Johnson
Becky Johnson rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Esmael
Esmael marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Sophia Yang
Sophia Yang marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Karen Baker
Karen Baker marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Mandie Kok
Mandie Kok rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
Tina Price
Tina Price marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Philip S
Philip S rated it it was ok
May 04, 2016
Kyami
Kyami marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Sandra Cuneo
Sandra Cuneo marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Serendipity
Serendipity marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Skhan
Skhan marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
  • The Journey from Abandonment to Healing: Turn the End of a Relationship into the Beginning of a New Life
  • I Used to Miss Him...But My Aim Is Improving: Not Your Ordinary Breakup Survival Guide
  • Mastering Public Speaking
  • How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days: A Day-by-Day Guide to Saying Good-bye and Getting On With Your Life
  • How To Draw Manga
  • S.E.X.: The All-You-Need-To-Know Progressive Sexuality Guide to Get You Through High School and College
  • The Emotionally Abusive Relationship: How to Stop Being Abused and How to Stop Abusing
  • The Ultimate Guide to Sex and Disability: For All of Us Who Live with Disabilities, Chronic Pain, and Illness
  • Get It Done When You're Depressed
  • Creative Is a Verb: If You're Alive, You're Creative
  • Deal Breakers: When to Work on a Relationship and When to Walk Away
  • If the Buddha Got Stuck: A Handbook for Change on a Spiritual Path
  • You: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty
  • The V Book: A Doctor's Guide to Complete Vulvovaginal Health
  • Petit Traité de Vie Intérieure
  • Believing In Myself: Daily Meditations for Healing and Building Self-Esteem
  • Journal to the Self: Twenty-Two Paths to Personal Growth - Open the Door to Self-Understanding by Writing, Reading, and Creating a Journal of Your Life
  • New Joy of Sex/More Joy of Sex