Start by marking “The Adventures of Robin Hood” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Robin Hood

The Adventures of Robin Hood

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  29 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
There's no greater hero in all literature than Robin Hood, the brave and just outlaw of Sherwood Forest. Told in lively comic-strip style, this book relates eleven action-packed and easy-to-read tales about Robin and his merry band.
Published August 4th 1997 by Candlewick (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Robin Hood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Robin Hood

Wolf's Head by Steven A. McKayThe Outlaws of Sherwood by Robin McKinleyHood by Stephen R. LawheadThe Wolf and the Raven by Steven A. McKayScarlet by A.C. Gaughen
Best Robin Hood Fiction
30th out of 69 books — 87 voters
Notes from a Small Island by Bill BrysonHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
Going to England? Read this
56th out of 77 books — 18 voters

More lists with this book...

Kara
Dec 03, 2014 Kara rated it liked it
Shelves: robin-hood

An OK retelling of the classic Pyle version of Robin Hood done in a Sunday comics style.
John Lane
Mar 05, 2015 John Lane rated it liked it
this book took me back to my young years and I enjoyed this time around as I did the first time I read it
Conor O'mahony
Dec 09, 2014 Conor O'mahony rated it it was amazing
REally good version for kids with the stories summarised well and humourous cartoons to support it.
Jenna Mills
Enjoyable tales of Robin Hood.
Sarah Huff
This book's format was very interesting to me. Each page was a different chapter in Robin Hood's life and those chapters were formatted like comic strips. Each strip had a sentence underneath it, but there were also words on the individual pictures as well. With so many things to keep your attention and to read and look at it was hard to get bored with this book. The illustrations were simple but the were also silly and caught the mood of this retelling.
Alison
Nov 26, 2015 Alison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marcia's books are great, especially for reluctant readers. I had a lovely time teaching Shakespeare using her books for reluctant teens. Not only does it help with the older language, but also the imagery is fun and whimsical and goes well with her abbreviated text. I love the stories of Robin Hood, and this version is great. Fantastic for kids and adults alike.
Angelique
Dec 03, 2012 Angelique rated it really liked it
This book retells the story of Robin Hood in a comic strip form. It shows eleven adventures of Robin Hood who robs the rich in order to give it to the poor. Student's will love book!
Snow
Nov 27, 2008 Snow rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-comics
read for NoveList booklists
Estelle
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Stephen Morris
Stephen Morris marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Glen
Glen rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2015
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Maria Hermosilla
Maria Hermosilla marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Stephen Wiseheart
Stephen Wiseheart marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Asil
Asil marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Brittany Tenpenny
Brittany Tenpenny marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Gemma Fasheun
Gemma Fasheun rated it liked it
May 19, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Ed
Ed marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Kaui
Kaui rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2015
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2015
B.leigh Cronin
B.leigh Cronin marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Tulin Ukuser
Tulin Ukuser marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Marcia Williams began to develop her distinctive comic-book style at an early age: "When I was about ten and wrote home to my family from boarding school," she says, "I never wrote normal letters. I tried to tell my family about what I was doing in a way that was more fun. Also, my parents didn't let me read comic books, so I decided to create my own."

This former nursery school teacher blends her
More about Marcia Williams...