Start by marking “Wrong Turn (The Shenandoah Pack #1)” as Want to Read:
Wrong Turn (The Shenandoah Pack #1)

Wrong Turn (The Shenandoah Pack #1)

After a long, hard year filled with stress and heartache, Jessie Rohen decides to take a vacation to visit his friend and get away from real life for a little while, hoping it will help him heal. On the way, he has an accident and is injured. He wakes up with no memories of his past, not even of his name.

Xander Dane is a wolf shifter and Second of his pack. He saves Jessie
ebook, Extended Release, 94 pages
Published April 15th 2015 by Taylor Law (first published July 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wrong Turn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrong Turn

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Nice
Rating: NC-17
Thumbs Up: 2.5
Overall: A lot of potential
Characters: Okay
Plot: I probably should have read the blurb on this one before I read.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Maybe
Recommend: Maybe
Book Boyfriend: Xander

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

This was a novelette. Someone recommended this to me. I tend not to read blurbs but in this case, that did bode well for my reading. There is a lot of potential and I hope that the author takes this story and expands before moving
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Entertaining shifter short story… Very enjoyable

Tiya Rosa
Definitely a one-star had this not been free. This read like the first draft of stuff I wrote when I was in high school and thought I had what it took to be the next Francine Pascal, except with more butt sex. This one, I mean, not the Sweet Valley High-esque drivel I still have stuffed at the back of my closet.

This was the most nauseating combination of insta-love and pet names and telling rather than showing, all packed with shallow MCs that have no personality beyond one of them being all gro
Kati
Jan 06, 2013 Kati rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a free read - thank the gods above, because if I had paid for this drivel, I would have been really pissed. The average fanfic is better than this über-cliche stuffed with purple prose. Don't get me wrong, I love happy endings and mush as much as the next girl but this? His sweet mate? Angel? Little man? Sweet male? Greek god? And my favorite - God-man? Is there a dictionary of the most ridiculous purple prose nicknames that the author decided to tap? Seriously, there's nothing wrong wi ...more
Sophia
Aug 18, 2012 Sophia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
I found this book when I was hunting through the freebies for a new read. I love shifter stories and this one had the added twist of the human having temporary amnesia leading to the tension of not knowing when the memory would return. For a shorter story, it was very satisfying.

Xander is a wolf shifter and the beta wolf in his pack. He has resisted all the broad hints about mating with any of the eligible females in his pack because he has kept secret his real inclinations. Same-sex relations a
SueM
Jul 30, 2011 SueM rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yum! A hot sexy werewolf claiming his mate - perfect! I enjoyed Jessie standing up to Xander in the bar too! He obviously had the strength to be an equal partner to his werewolf mate and made that perfectly clear! Thanks Taylor.
Melanie~~
I had occasion to meet Taylor Law at GRL 2013 in Atlanta. This is the expansion of the story that came from my prompt for the M/M Romance Group's 2011 writing event, Hot Summer Days.

I was so honored to have my prompt selected and very pleased with the story that Ms. Law gave to the group. It was really great. After two years and two more events, I was understandably confused about some of the details of the story. I took that as an opportunity to re-read the story, especially given that that it
Veronica /  V
Apr 25, 2015 Veronica / V rated it it was ok
Extended Release, 94 pages Published April 15th 2015

The book finished but, Xander and Jess still didn't fix their relationship as they should.
Xander was still a cop working long hours and leaving Jessie home alone doing nothing but cook and doing housework, Jessie was still unemployed with no prospect of a better future or job.
A pack that we don't know much about it, a Town so tiny that the crime rate must be 2% but Xander still work 16 hous a day?
Yeah, Nice plot ...
Jul 16, 2012 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to confess….I have always wanted a hot, gorgeous guy with no memory to just drop in my life and lap. But….nothing yet! So I turn to stories like Wrong Turn to spark my imagination and keep my fantasies alive. :D

I had fun in theses pages. Xan was one growling, gorgeous, god of alpha tension, chemistry, and sex.

For a quick, hot, and FREE read with wolf shifter fun--look no further!
Wendy Ann
I love that instantaneous mate recognition and desire to claim! I'm glad that Xan didn't put up too much of a fight against the inevitable, and glad that Jesse was strong enought to fight for what was right. I love a hot, sexy shifter story and you certainly delivered, Taylor! Awesome - thank you!!!

Bookbee
Definitely a Wrong Turn made oh so right! I do love me a shifter-mate-claiming story and this one was sweet as well as sexy!
Rachel
I really enjoyed this! I love shifters and I really liked the characters, they were perfect for each other. Very engaging story with the amnesia and mudslide.
Julie Burns
A free read.
Mine had a nicer cover :-P
It was a lovely little shifter story. Too short for a 4 star rating
Bea
This was a really sweet and short story, you know, "grrr mate!" And sometimes you are in the mood for that. I look forward to see how this author's writing matures in future stories.
Monique
Jun 17, 2013 Monique rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love m/m shifter stories but I just couldn't get into this one. I didn't like the way it was written. If I had to describe the way this was written, I'd say immaturely. *shrugs*
Lisa
Dec 08, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can not wait for book 2 in this series. I loved the characters in this story. It was beautifully written and I am glad to have it in my library.
Beck
Meh + ★ for being free ... insta-love ... insta-mate ... nuf said
Sadonna
Aug 15, 2011 Sadonna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free, mm
Lovely shifter and mate story.
Marte

** 2 plot hole stars **

Plot hole. Plot hole. Plot hole.
Boring. Boring. Boring.

---------------------
A short story in the collection "Don't Read in the Closet, Volume Four" from the MM Romance Group Hot Summer Event 2011.

Picture and prompt:
(view spoiler)

Bettye Kanady
Nov 24, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
I can honestly say that I have a budding interest now in "Shifter" stories. I had never really read any before, but this one caught my interest. I was impressed with the premise of Jesse being caught in an accident and saved by one particular "wolf"; a white wolf with "icy blue eyes" who "shifted" into a man to carry him to safety. I had thought that once Jesse had woken up that he would be completely freaked out, but he had amnesia! It became more like a Beauty and the Beast story line, at leas ...more
Mel Auslan Osborne
This is a good read as a romance book..... not sure about the information in it about the Shenandoah Pack (pretty non-existent) but a great read

This is the 1st book in the Shenandoah Pack series.... We meet Jessie who after a lot of things going wrong for him in the last year decides to visit a friend and take a holiday....... On his way there however he almost hits a white wolf which is standing in the middle of the road..... Things go wrong and he is rescued by a pack of wolf shifters....... w
Paul Lunger
Aug 12, 2013 Paul Lunger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Taylor Law's "Wrong Turn" is the story of a Jessie Rohan who nearly collides with a wolf on a trip home & ends up suffering amnesia. The wolf though is a shifter named Xander Dane (or Xan) who rescues Jessie & realizes that the person he's found is in fact his life mate. The story itself follows Jessie's recovery as he gets closer back to health & Xan's attempts at realizing that he really is gay something wolves aren't supposed to be. For a short work of fiction, the book actually ...more
Tonileg

Jessie is going on vacation for a week and meeting up with an old friend in the wilderness, but has an accident en route and of course he gets amnesia. Amnesia-Jessie is called Ro. Xander and wolf shape-shifters in this short story of 28 pages and free on All Romance Ebook site.
Xander doesn't take advantage of 'Ro' for a week until he has healed from the car accident and mud slide catastrophe. In fact it is Ro with all the experience and seduces Xander who is deep in the closet with his pack and
Kallie
Oh how I wish this was a longer story! I feel if this was a full book and not a insta-love short story people may have liked it more. It had the potential to be so much better and I'm afraid Ms. Law you sold yourself and your story short.

With that said, I did enjoy reading it and hoped for more at the end. But that's my issue...I never want stories to end. In my fantasy land good stories are like the energizer bunny...they keep going and going.
Aղցela W.
What can I say this book was way too short and I felt like it was missing something. I love all things about werewolves and love the idea of wolves claiming their mates. I thought it started out really well but it got a little sappy for me and there was a little too much identity crisis for me. I would have preferred something a little more animalistic. That being said it was very well written and it was good to read I just wish it was longer.
Alistar
Jul 06, 2013 Alistar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
X. I was very hesitant to read a romance Novella about shifters. I have kept my m/m romance and supernatural books separate. I was put off by the shifter focus. However, one of the best decisions I made was downloading this book. Ms. Law has some grammatical work to do but was swept off my bed by the chemistry. Maybe I'm crazy, but I loved it. Cannot wait for the next book. If you are reading these comments trying to decide if this book is worth your time, trust me read it!
Shelley
Short & sweet a nice read in one sitting. Male to Male shifter short story that was a fun sweet read. I'm looking forward to #2. There wasn't alot of character development but what do you expect in a short story? The attraction was instantaneous because they are mates which helped the storyline some. Really enjoyable. Not real deep, which was great for a relaxing late nite read.
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧ •°**★Camelot Dreamer❧ •°**★
It was sweet~

And there are only 2 things that bothered me, unfortunately they are major things.

The writing style feels off, amateurish ...It felt like this story was being read to me at a girl-scot campfire, and sometimes that's okay, but it this it did not allow me into the book.

The world building, I think I missed it? And I hate that.

2 stars for a sweet "free" short.
Jacq
Sep 13, 2016 Jacq rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 stars for making me smile.The writing style it's missing substance, and style. It was as if the writer, was attempting to explain, every word... in a kindergarten way. Cute story though, just not really for me.
Deby
Jul 06, 2012 Deby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am really enjoyed this story. Very Sweet and sexy. I liked the great characters, adore Jessy's personality, so insurance of what wants. Very well written, which facilitates his reading ... slightly enough important for whom the Englishman is not our language of origin.
  • Dog Days of Summer
  • If One Dream Should Fall and Break
  • Trust
  • Moon Over Montana
  • Tears of the Sea
  • Hidden Needs (Secrets of the Sanctuary, #1)
  • Freedom's Souvenir
  • Wanting Jack (FREE e-book)
  • Storm of Passion: A Short Story
  • Heart and Soul
  • Mourning
  • Sweet Dreams
  • Cody and the Hermit
Taylor Law is a northern born, southern girl, with a free spirit. Taylor has lived in the southern United States most of her life, along with her huge Italian family. She started writing at a very young age; her first poem at six, her first song at seven, and stories followed directly after. She hasn’t stopped since.

A romantic clear to her soul, Taylor continues to believe the elusive ‘Happily Eve
More about Taylor Law...

The Shenandoah Pack (2 books)
  • Wrong Way (The Shenandoah Pack #2)