Start by marking “She-Hulk, Voume 6: Jaded” as Want to Read:
She-Hulk, Voume 6: Jaded

She-Hulk, Voume 6: Jaded (She-Hulk, Volume II #6)

It's a new direction for the lean, green fighting machine as longtime Hulk writer Peter David takes the helm of the world's most dangerous lawyer as she takes on the world's most dangerous job. Be here now...or She-Hulk Smash.

Collecting: She-Hulk 22-27
Hardcover, Premiere, 144 pages
Published May 21st 2008 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about She-Hulk, Voume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She-Hulk, Voume 6

Ana Rînceanu
Urgh, I'm not sure I'll ever like Tony Stark again, even after this book, but overall, I'm on board with this new direction. I hope Jen gets back to the firm as soon as she's ready.
Chris
Feb 28, 2016 Chris rated it it was ok
Shelves: sff, comics
I remember Peter David's Star Trek books fondly for their loose good humor, but then, I read them in high school. Thinking back, they had more than a bit of fic-proper about them. (For instance, I think there was a book called Q-in-Law where, at one point, Lwaxana is beating up Q, and Troi asks Worf, "What should we do?" and he responds "Sell tickets." Funny! But all the way at the silly, dressing-up-like-Robin-Hood end of TNG, and maybe even a little past it.)

The quips are funny, and the meta-b
Roybot
Nov 01, 2016 Roybot rated it it was ok
This volume really goes off the rails. Jen is suddenly a completely jerk, is working as a bounty hunter, and the majority of the characters that were fun and interesting from earlier volumes are gone. Blah.
Rachael
Mar 26, 2011 Rachael rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, 2011
Like Alias and The Pulse, this probably would have been more entertaining if I hadn't read Dan Slott's amazing She-Hulk first. Sadly, I think Dan Slott has attained the pinnacle of comics (for me) so pretty much everything else will be found wanting. Too bad Dan Slott is a jerk.

I don't mind Peter David's characterization, but I don't love it either. He seemed to take all of She-Hulk's joy away, and he doesn't actually explain why in this book. Shulkie spends some time feeling sorry for herself f
Mel
Ok this was WAY better than the first She Hulk volume. There were NO weight jokes or fat jokes! The character of She Hulk and of Jen were both totally different. Gone was the bimbo personality and the party girl. Instead you had a grown up character. There was also a LARGE number of women characters besides She Hulk. It was really impressive how gender equal this comic was. They'd clearly put a lot of thought into trying to be more inclusive.

However, it was still a superhero comic. There were f
Brad
Sep 21, 2009 Brad rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, marvel
She-Hulk's always been more of a comedic book, but Peter David's comedy is much more dialogue-based than Dan Slott's run on the book, which had much more character-based humor and development. She-Hulk's moved off to the sidelines of superhero battles--she's in New Jersey and Ohio while all the real heroes are in New York, and is trying to make a go of it as a bounty hunter. The scenario seems like it could work, but most of the book is flat but tolerable. David has some nice gags towards the be ...more
Callie Rose Tyler
Jul 31, 2014 Callie Rose Tyler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, marvel
Another great volume! This one has some especially excellent cover art specially “The Whole Hero Thing Conclusion” (#26) and “Friends in Need” (#27). A nice change of pace from the previous issues since She Hulk is no longer a lawyer or a ‘hero’ instead, she is trying to make a living and mind her own business. Of course being She Hulk means that your ‘business’ always ends up being heroic in nature.

You can tell that this was not written by the wonderfully witty Dan Slott. As a result the story
Mitchell
Apr 19, 2015 Mitchell rated it really liked it
A little bit incoherent, a little bit silly. I haven't yet read the last few She-Hulk issues, the library doesn't have them. So I don't really know how Jennifer got herself into her current predicament. But the writing is really good as are the side-characters, heck even the random characters. The space aliens actually kind of fit into the rest of the Marvel continuity but without being irritating. Even Creel and his girlfriend added to the story. And they did a travelogue without it feeling lik ...more
Jdetrick
If the Dan Slott She-Hulk comics didn't hold up as well as I thought, these are even worse, and I didn't like them that much when I first started reading them. The interesting supporting cast has been jettisoned, She-Hulk is too dark a character and the book has a cynical, bitter edge to it that doesn't work for this character. I've liked, nay loved, many Peter David comics, but sadly, not these.
May 20, 2016 Jennifer rated it liked it
An entertaining Shulkie comic that would be a bit forgettable if not for that cover...seriously, click on it and look. That is She-Hulk ripping the pages to stop someone groping her (giant, straining) boobs. Is it supposed to be empowering - addressing the way woman are drawn in comics? Or is it so gross that it passes through misogyny and arrives at utterly bizarre? Actually yeah, I think it's that last one.
Angela
Jul 30, 2015 Angela rated it really liked it
She Hulk is now a bounty hunter after a disagreement with Stark. Peter David has really got the handle on her character, strong willed and independent. The stories are interesting, and the second story is so well written. I feel a connection again to the character that had been lost in the previous books. Also the parody at the end is classic, and puts voice to how the fans feel the character has been treated. A very good read.
Elizabeth
Aug 15, 2014 Elizabeth rated it did not like it
Shelves: comic-books
Between panels where for some godawful reason the artist decided we needed to constantly be aware that shulkie was wearing a thong in issue 25, to the incredibly lazy "daddy issues" plot with Jaz and Roz in issue 24, this volume and *new direction* was a disaster that I wish I could unread. The only thing I'm grateful for is that I read this via Marvel Unlimited and didn't actually buy it.
B
Mar 20, 2016 B rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
This was a weird book. It's a really unexplained (and surprising) decision to reboot the very good Dan Slott stories. The Slott stories are definitely better.

This isn't bad -- it has a couple of good moments. But the story itself kind of puts the reboot at the forefront, leaving it as a mystery what happened between Slott and David. I guess I want to know.
Willow
Jan 08, 2015 Willow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel-comics
I'm very glad Peter David took over this title when he did. I don't think I could have handled another boring overly self-referential issue from Dan Slott.

This volume is actually worth reading and makes me want to keep reading. Bring on volume 7!
Anne
Apr 07, 2011 Anne rated it really liked it
This was much better than some of the earlier volumes that I read. I think I prefer Peter David's take on She-Hulk. It also didn't hurt that I like the artwork better in Jaded than in some of the previous books. I'm not a fan of the soft look, so the new style suits my personal taste a little more.
Amanda
Jun 04, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing
A new writer takes She-Hulk from her law practice to the crazy world of bounty hunting! How did this career change occur? You'll have to read to find out!
Christine
Jan 07, 2013 Christine rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
A little flat. Entertaining but left me a bit disappointed. It has a really cool story but felt like it was missing the soul most Marvel comics have.
Noah Soudrette
May 09, 2009 Noah Soudrette rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A good, smash em' up She-Hulk written by the always great Peter David. This story also features a goodly bit of character development, and as always with Peter David, humor.
Pavlovsky
Pavlovsky rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Patrick
Patrick rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2015
David M.
David M. rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2011
Nikki Boisture
Jan 17, 2014 Nikki Boisture rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Meh.
Kasey Thacker
Kasey Thacker rated it did not like it
May 04, 2013
Dan
Dan rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Zach Kinkead
Zach Kinkead rated it did not like it
Nov 12, 2012
Mathew
Mathew rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Eric Larsen
Eric Larsen rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Philip Isaacs
Philip Isaacs rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • She-Hulk, Volume 5: Planet Without a Hulk
  • She-Hulk, Volume 4: Laws of Attraction
  • Secret Avengers, Volume 3: How to MA.I.M. a Mockingbird
  • Mighty Avengers, Volume 2: Family Bonding
  • Avengers Academy, Volume 2: Will We Use This in the Real World?
  • The Sensational She-Hulk by John Byrne Vol. 1
  • Secret Avengers, by Rick Remender, Volume 3
  • Avengers Undercover, Volume 1: Descent
  • The Avengers, Volume 3
  • Essential Savage She-Hulk, Vol. 1
  • Secret Avengers, Volume 2: The Labyrinth
  • The Ray Bradbury Chronicles 1
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to hum
More about Peter David...

She-Hulk, Volume II (9 books)
  • She-Hulk, Volume 1: Single Green Female
  • She-Hulk, Volume 2: Superhuman Law
  • She-Hulk, Volume 3: Time Trials
  • She-Hulk, Volume 4: Laws of Attraction
  • She-Hulk, Volume 5: Planet Without a Hulk
  • She-Hulk, Volume 7: Here Today...
  • She-Hulk, Volume 8: Secret Invasion