Start by marking “She-Hulk, Vol. 6: Jaded” as Want to Read:
She-Hulk, Vol. 6: Jaded
Preview

She-Hulk, Vol. 6: Jaded (She-Hulk (2004-2005) #6)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  11 reviews
It's a new direction for the lean, green fighting machine as longtime Hulk writer Peter David takes the helm of the world's most dangerous lawyer as she takes on the world's most dangerous job. Be here now...or She-Hulk Smash Collects She-Hulk #22-27.
Published May 21st 2008 by Marvel Comics

To ask other readers questions about She-Hulk, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She-Hulk, Vol. 6

Mel
Ok this was WAY better than the first She Hulk volume. There were NO weight jokes or fat jokes! The character of She Hulk and of Jen were both totally different. Gone was the bimbo personality and the party girl. Instead you had a grown up character. There was also a LARGE number of women characters besides She Hulk. It was really impressive how gender equal this comic was. They'd clearly put a lot of thought into trying to be more inclusive.

However, it was still a superhero comic. There were f
Mitchell
A little bit incoherent, a little bit silly. I haven't yet read the last few She-Hulk issues, the library doesn't have them. So I don't really know how Jennifer got herself into her current predicament. But the writing is really good as are the side-characters, heck even the random characters. The space aliens actually kind of fit into the rest of the Marvel continuity but without being irritating. Even Creel and his girlfriend added to the story. And they did a travelogue without it feeling lik ...more
Rachael
Like Alias and The Pulse, this probably would have been more entertaining if I hadn't read Dan Slott's amazing She-Hulk first. Sadly, I think Dan Slott has attained the pinnacle of comics (for me) so pretty much everything else will be found wanting. Too bad Dan Slott is a jerk.

I don't mind Peter David's characterization, but I don't love it either. He seemed to take all of She-Hulk's joy away, and he doesn't actually explain why in this book. Shulkie spends some time feeling sorry for herself f
Elizabeth
Between panels where for some godawful reason the artist decided we needed to constantly be aware that shulkie was wearing a thong in issue 25, to the incredibly lazy "daddy issues" plot with Jaz and Roz in issue 24, this volume and *new direction* was a disaster that I wish I could unread. The only thing I'm grateful for is that I read this via Marvel Unlimited and didn't actually buy it.
Brad
She-Hulk's always been more of a comedic book, but Peter David's comedy is much more dialogue-based than Dan Slott's run on the book, which had much more character-based humor and development. She-Hulk's moved off to the sidelines of superhero battles--she's in New Jersey and Ohio while all the real heroes are in New York, and is trying to make a go of it as a bounty hunter. The scenario seems like it could work, but most of the book is flat but tolerable. David has some nice gags towards the be ...more
Callie Rose Tyler
Another great volume! This one has some especially excellent cover art specially “The Whole Hero Thing Conclusion” (#26) and “Friends in Need” (#27). A nice change of pace from the previous issues since She Hulk is no longer a lawyer or a ‘hero’ instead, she is trying to make a living and mind her own business. Of course being She Hulk means that your ‘business’ always ends up being heroic in nature.

You can tell that this was not written by the wonderfully witty Dan Slott. As a result the story
Anne
This was much better than some of the earlier volumes that I read. I think I prefer Peter David's take on She-Hulk. It also didn't hurt that I like the artwork better in Jaded than in some of the previous books. I'm not a fan of the soft look, so the new style suits my personal taste a little more.
Jason
I'm very glad Peter David took over this title when he did. I don't think I could have handled another boring overly self-referential issue from Dan Slott.

This volume is actually worth reading and makes me want to keep reading. Bring on volume 7!
Noah Soudrette
A good, smash em' up She-Hulk written by the always great Peter David. This story also features a goodly bit of character development, and as always with Peter David, humor.
Christine
A little flat. Entertaining but left me a bit disappointed. It has a really cool story but felt like it was missing the soul most Marvel comics have.
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Shamara
Shamara is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2015
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Samuel Yeomans
Samuel Yeomans marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Clone4
Clone4 marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Marize
Marize marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Mary Knight
Mary Knight marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to humo
More about Peter David...

She-Hulk (2004-2005) (9 books)
  • She-Hulk, Vol. 1: Single Green Female
  • She-Hulk, Vol. 2: Superhuman Law
  • She-Hulk, Vol. 3: Time Trials
  • She-Hulk, Vol. 4: Laws of Attraction
  • She-Hulk, Vol. 5: Planet Without a Hulk
  • She-Hulk, Vol. 7: Here Today...
  • She-Hulk Vol. 8: Secret Invasion
  • She-Hulk, Vol. 9: Lady Liberators
The Dark Tower, Volume 1: The Gunslinger Born Imzadi (Star Trek the Next Generation) Q-Squared X-Factor: The Longest Night Q-In-Law (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #18)