Start by marking “Empowered, Volume 3 (Empowered, #3)” as Want to Read:
Empowered, Volume 3 (Empowered, #3)

Empowered, Volume 3 (Empowered #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  376 ratings  ·  23 reviews
As if life as an often-struggling superheroine weren't already hard enough, now costumed crimefighter "Empowered" discovers that another female superhero is ripping off her distress-prone persona - and cashing in, big-time! Even worse, her relationship with live-in boyfriend (and semi-reformed Witless Minion) Thugboy has run afoul of an extremely literal set of "power issu ...more
Published March 25th 2008 by Dark Horse Books (first published March 12th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Empowered, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empowered, Volume 3

Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. VaughanFray by Joss WhedonRunaways, Vol. 1 by Brian K. VaughanBatwoman by Greg RuckaCaptain Marvel, Vol. 1 by Kelly Sue DeConnick
Kickass women in superhero comics
192nd out of 237 books — 177 voters
Buffy the Vampire Slayer by Brian K. VaughanBuffy the Vampire Slayer by Drew GoddardAngel & Faith by Christos GageAngel & Faith by Christos GageAngel & Faith by Christos Gage
Best Dark Horse Comics
15th out of 16 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Will
Okay, I'm addicted. Empowered is awesome. At the same time, I'm still a bit embarrassed to admit that yeah, I'm reading it.

The real discomfort in Empowered is how it takes the lid off sex and superheroes. Empowered doesn't just say "yeah, superheroes are a bit kinky when you think about it." It puts front and center that YEAH, Wonder Woman gets tied up all the time. YEAH, Zatanna likes to wear fishnets into battle. YEAH, most superheroines have huge breasts and are wearing tight outfits that hid
Ana
Tirando três ou quatro histórias, este volume foi bastante inignificante. A história do passado do Thugboy foi muito boa, e a da Ninjette também estava bem, assim como uma ou duas no início do volume. Mas a Emp foi a que menos desenvolviemnto teve neste volume e passou o tempo uqase todo em situações ridículas e repetitivas. imagino que este volume seja de transisção, porque até agora foi o mais fraco.

Mesmo assim a arte, como sempre, está absolutamente fabulosa. Linda! Tanto em cenas norais como
Chibineko
I got this at the same time as I did volume 2, so I dove into this immediately after finishing the previous one. (Now I just have to wait for my other volumes to get here!)

The artwork in this is just as good in the previous volumes, so if you've been a fan of the artwork then you're going to love this volume.

Where this volume really shines is in the further character development. If you've been waiting for lots of great action scenes, this is the volume you'll definitely want to read. Emp has a
ariana debairos
Love

Love

As good as any he's ever put out, Warren continues to impress. Emp is a real hero to me. I liked to see more of thug boy and ninjette.
Vanessa
This is really the point where the series gains a lot of depth. It is pretty much necessary to have read the previous volume to understand some of the plot, which is not the case with the second volume. Thugboy and Ninjette have most of the development in this volume.

I do not like this volume quite as much as the previous one. There were a few jokes that went on a little too long that I just did not find funny. The marker-inked art that is used in a chapter isn't as good as the art in the rest o
Biscuitz
This is a fantastic anarchic fun witty and intelligent series
Meezan Ali Mir
Things are getting really interesting.
Eulercauchy
Great series, just keeps getting better and better!
Jay Daze
More naughty bondage fun with a sweet story of a girl with an easily torn costume, her hunky thug boy friend, and a ninjette girlfriend who has a crush on said boyfriend....but that doesn't come up in this volume. There is a re-occurrence of 'sexy librarian' but I liked the art for it in volume 2 better. Still, lots of drool worthy art for this knuckle dragger and funny stories. Also enjoyed the elaboration on thug-boy's anti-villain/anti-superhero past.
M
The Empowered cast gets a chance to stretch its wings into a more well-rounded story, giving glimpses into the hearts of various characters. We see more of Thug Boy's past coming to haunt him, warrior girl Ninjette continues to seek acceptance from her friends, and Empowered continues to push herself into a world of superheroics. The little peek at the cast from their younger days is fantastic!
Darkblob
Et voilà, Warren, quoique restant toujours dans la comédie sexy, par le biais de flashback montre que son histoire n'est pas aussi rose que ça, et qu'il y a des choses à attendre de la suite. Et ce n'est pas Emp qui me contredira lorsqu’elle se permet de rappeler le sort qui a attendu les héros des précédentes séries de l'auteur : des morts violentes.
Korynn
I wish the volumes tried to evolve Empowered's character more...instead she continues to be manipulated into ridiculous sexual situations, put down by more thugs and villains, and finally sent up by a new rival. Still, there is more story about Thugboy's mysterious past and at the end we learn her and Ninjette's real names.
Stacey
I can't believe I read these books. I can't believe I enjoy these books.

Volume 3 is more of the same superhero comedy of a girl who wants to be a better superhero but a fragil super suit, and a fragile self esteen, keep her to the D-list.
Ben
The action picks up in this volume instead of remaining a superheroine melodrama, it's starting to get better. The artwork changes a bit which doesn't bother me at all. I'm glad to see a good story along with good artwork.
Mollie
Another hilarious addition to the series. Emp is amazing as always and I love her real name, if only we knew how to correctly pronounce it. A fun-filled romp into her life and I can't wait to start the new book.
Caleb
Nov 15, 2008 Caleb rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Comics fans who have a good sense of humor and are well prepared for a ton of inside jokes
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is probably the weakest of the four volumes that have been released thus far, but it's still my favorite, on account of the fact that its the only one that blurbed me (name AND publication...woo hoo!)
Holden Attradies
Still loving the series. Although at times some things can feel a bit repetitive, like he was writing each strip for a new reader and felt the need to repeat established things over and over.
Robert Wright
Empowered is what it is: a funny, sexy, manga inspired bit of light entertainment.

Pass your time with it, if that's your thing. If not, there's plenty of Alan Moore wannabes on the shelf ...
Redbeard Anthenat
Empowered is just a lot of fun and Adam Warren's art is great.
Sally Kilpatrick
This series amuses me--especially the Caged Demon Wolf. It's definitely rated R so consider yourself forewarned.
Andre
A funny, surprisingly thoughtful look at a downtrodden heroine. Worth the read.
Angie
See the review for book 1
Michael Stevens
sick of this series
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Angela
Angela added it
Mar 26, 2015
  • Honey Badger Don't Care: Randall's Guide to Crazy, Nastyass Animals
  • Hack/Slash Omnibus Volume 2
  • Madame Mirage, Volume 1
  • My Boyfriend Bites (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #3)
  • Evelyn Evelyn
  • Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 7
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 11
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 3
  • The Boys, Volume 11: Over the Hills with the Swords of a Thousand Men
  • Codename: Sailor V, Vol. 2
  • Power Girl, Vol. 2: Aliens and Apes
  • No One to Trust (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #2)
  • Courtney Crumrin's Monstrous Holiday (Courtney Crumrin, #4)
  • Dawn: Lucifer's Halo (Dawn, #1)
  • New X-Men by Grant Morrison Ultimate Collection - Book 2
  • DV8: Gods and Monsters
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 23: Bridge of Tears (Usagi Yojimbo #23)
  • Sunstone
Adam Warren (born 1967) is an American comic book writer and artist who is most famous for his adaptation of Dirty Pair into an American comic book, and for being one of the first American commercial illustrators to be influenced by the general style of manga.
More about Adam Warren...

Empowered (8 books)
  • Empowered, Volume 1 (Empowered, #1)
  • Empowered, Volume 2 (Empowered, #2)
  • Empowered, Volume 4 (Empowered, #4)
  • Empowered, Volume 5 (Empowered, #5)
  • Empowered, Volume 6 (Empowered, #6)
  • Empowered, Volume 7 (Empowered, #7)
  • Empowered, Volume 8 (Empowered, #8)
Empowered, Volume 1 (Empowered, #1) Empowered, Volume 2 (Empowered, #2) Empowered, Volume 4 (Empowered, #4) Empowered, Volume 5 (Empowered, #5) Empowered, Volume 6 (Empowered, #6)