Start by marking “Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom” as Want to Read:

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  1,689 ratings  ·  54 reviews
This best-selling book is a comprehensive reference book to the metaphysical properties of hundreds of minerals, correlated to the astrological signs.
Published January 1st 1995 by Earth Love Pub House (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Love is in the Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love is in the Earth

Nightshade by Andrea CremerThe Iron Daughter by Julie KagawaBorn at Midnight by C.C. HunterEmma by Jane AustenEndlessly by Kiersten White
Lavender book covers
73rd out of 136 books — 36 voters
The Shining Ones by The Silver ElvesWicca by Scott CunninghamThrough the Mists of Faerie by The Silver ElvesLiving Wicca by Scott CunninghamElf Magic Mail by The Silver Elves
Best Wicca 101 Books for the Well-Read Witch
67th out of 109 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Ron Campbell
Melody is one of the major authorities on working with the energy of the Mineral Kingdom. The book Love is in the Earth is the authority reference for the Mineral Kingdom. This book I have used for many years, it was first published in the early 90s.

Melody is a scientist and has recreated the findings in the book with repeated success.

Andy Lawless
Over 700hundred pages on the metaphysical properties of stones, crystals. Great reference book, if it had photos the book would rate a 5 starts. But you can purchase the separate book "Love is in the Earth Mineralogical Pictorial" which is 407 pages.
Libby
THE encyclopedia, bible, ultimate reference for anyone wishing to know about the metaphysical properties of crystals. Gorgeous book.
Laura Ellis
great crystal book with all minerals, gems and crystals you can imagine.
Laura Tveras
Interesting information - I'm not sure that it's true or not. Reading about possible physical and metaphysical properties of beautiful rocks and gems is fun. It also comes in handy when a jewelry purchase is necessary.

If I have a choice, I like knowing (or hoping) what wearing one type of rock or another may do for me. Most of us need all the help we can get while trudging along our life's path. Why not buy a really helpful gemstone pendant for your mother or sister's birthday? This type of info
Bobbye Villanueva
This is the definitive book for researching the mystical properties of precious and semiprecious gemstones.

It is by far the most thorough and complete listing of stones, as well as the most researched text I have encountered on the subject.

The author also makes a point to cross reference which chakra points each stone corresponds to, its astrological sign, and the number it vibrates to.

The latter has been especially helpful when tying in my research on stones with my research on the Hebrew aleph
Elizabeth Desrochers
The best metaphysical book of Crystals. Melody's book is in easy to read format with detailed information such as Cleansing, Configurations, and Practical applications for working with all types of crystals. I especially love the healing assets of each and every crystal. This book should be in every healer's Library.
Abbegale
Jan 11, 2008 Abbegale rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Earth Lovers and Worshipers
Basically the Bible of Crystal energies. It's really beautiful what an impact seemingly inanimate objects (rocks, stones, crystals) can have on ourselves- mentally, emotionally, phsyically, spiritually... CHeck CHeck Check it out!
Michelle
This is the most comprehensive book on crystals and minerals. I love how each crystal has metaphysical and scientific information. I reference this book whenever I need to research a crystal.
Barbara
One of the best books for the metaphysical properties of stones. Great reference book. A necessity for those of us who love crystals.
Eartha
THE book on crystals. Comprehensive and very well researched. A fantastic reference.
Jen
Jan 01, 2010 Jen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: pagan
A very comprehensive study on Crystals and their properties. Sadly, no photos
C.J. Prince
One of the best reference books for gems and stones and their deeper meanings!!
K.R. Richards
Love, love, love Melody! All of her books are very informative. I learned most of what I know about crystals from Melody's books.
This is the ultimate crystal bible and a must for anyone interested in crystals and their healing properties.
Rebecca Hagin
An excellent reference book I use regularly hence no start or finish date
Diane Mendenhall
Wish this still included the pictures with the descriptions.
Etherealfire
This is an awesome and invaluable crystal/gem reference/resource book. I'm a crystal collector and an affirmation believer and this is just about the best metaphysical gem/crystal reference book out there!
Sara
I found this book to be a useful addition to my library of books on Crystal Healing. I use it as a supplement to my work with Naisha Ahsian's Book of Stones. It's got a few too many variables for me, and I'm not especially interested in the numerical or astrological associations Melody makes to the stones. I do find her descriptions of the uses of individual stones to be helpful.
Joanne G. Rihm
This book was highly recommended to me by a very dear friend of mine. She guided me through some tough times and became the most incredible friend I ever had. This book (however cheesy the title sounds) is a guide book for anyone interested in the metaphysical meanings of gemstones and minerals. A must have.
Brenda Jenkins Kleager
I couldn't decide between a 4 and 5 rating, but when I realized just how often I turn to this book as a reference, I had to give it a 5. It's a huge volume which includes almost any mineral, crystal and stone you can imagine with mystical associations.
Carolin Atchison
If you want to know why you are drawn to certain type of gemstones or semi-precious gemstones - you'll know why when you read Love is in the Earth. There truly is a lot of love in the Earth. If we only could take better care of it!!
Linda White
This is an amazing reference book for identifying stones! Stones vibrate as does everything and this book tells you the vibration and how that vibration influences the human body. Melody is amazing.
Robert E
This is my go- to book on the metaphysical properties of crystals!! There is no better book than this that has been written in the English language! A MUST own! Very highly recommended ;-)
Delia
Apr 16, 2008 Delia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Rock hounds
I reference this book ALL the time. This woman has so much knowledge of different crystals and such. Very informational and interesting. I'm a rock hound, so it's a fun book for me.
☼♄Jülie

It's own review says it all.
It's the most comprehensive book about crystals that I have ever come across...a bible for crystal lovers.
This is a most cherished Tome!
Aradia V
The essential guide to healing with gemstones. She also gives you scientific information. No pictures, but she has finally put out the pictorial supplement.
Donna Gregory
For those who believe in the metaphysical properties of minerals and gems, this book is a must. It's the Bible of metaphysical stone and mineral work.
Meadow
If you carry stones around with you like I do, you will love this book, which explores the metaphysical properties of the mineral queendom.
Geraldine Dyer
Best and most comprehensive crystal reference book you can find. Worth buying if you're seriously serious about your geology and crystal meanings.
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • Moon Magick: Myth & Magic, Crafts & Recipes, Rituals & Spells
  • Wheel of the Year: Living the Magical Life
  • Garden Witchery: Magick from the Ground Up
  • The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Chakra Energy
  • The Outer Temple of Witchcraft: Circles, Spells, and Rituals (Temple of Witchcraft, #2)
  • Energy Medicine: Use Your Body's Energies
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living
  • Serpent of Light: Beyond 2012 the Movement of the Earth's Kundalini and the Rise of the Female Light, 1949 to 2013
Love is in the Earth : Laying on of Stones - The Journey Continues Love Is in the Earth: Kaleidoscopic Pictorial Supplement a Love Is in the Earth - Mineralogical Pictorial: Treasures of the Earth Love Is in the Earth: The Crystal and Mineral Encyclopedia: The Liite Fantastic and "The Last Testament" Love is in Earth: Kaleidoscopic Pictorial Supplement Z