Start by marking “Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom” as Want to Read:

4.43  ·  Rating Details ·  2,312 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
This best-selling book is a comprehensive reference book to the metaphysical properties of hundreds of minerals, correlated to the astrological signs.
Published January 1st 1995 by Earth Love Pub House (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Love is in the Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love is in the Earth

Circle of Stones by Judith DuerkOutrageous Openness by Tosha SilverWomen Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola EstésThe Millionth Circle by Jean Shinoda BolenCreating Miracles by Carolyn Godschild Miller
Soul Reading
23rd out of 56 books — 3 voters
Lucifer's Angel by R.W.K. ClarkLucien's Reign by R.W.K. ClarkWitches Immortal by R.W.K. ClarkWicca by Scott CunninghamLiving Wicca by Scott Cunningham
Best Wicca 101 Books for the Well-Read Witch
80th out of 121 books — 54 voters

More lists with this book...

Ron Campbell
Apr 02, 2012 Ron Campbell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference, crystals
Melody is one of the major authorities on working with the energy of the Mineral Kingdom. The book Love is in the Earth is the authority reference for the Mineral Kingdom. This book I have used for many years, it was first published in the early 90s.

Melody is a scientist and has recreated the findings in the book with repeated success.

Andy Lawless
Over 700hundred pages on the metaphysical properties of stones, crystals. Great reference book, if it had photos the book would rate a 5 starts. But you can purchase the separate book "Love is in the Earth Mineralogical Pictorial" which is 407 pages.
Jun 05, 2009 Libby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirit
THE encyclopedia, bible, ultimate reference for anyone wishing to know about the metaphysical properties of crystals. Gorgeous book.
Laura Ellis
Oct 16, 2010 Laura Ellis rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
great crystal book with all minerals, gems and crystals you can imagine.
Laura Tveras
Sep 24, 2013 Laura Tveras rated it it was amazing
Interesting information - I'm not sure that it's true or not. Reading about possible physical and metaphysical properties of beautiful rocks and gems is fun. It also comes in handy when a jewelry purchase is necessary.

If I have a choice, I like knowing (or hoping) what wearing one type of rock or another may do for me. Most of us need all the help we can get while trudging along our life's path. Why not buy a really helpful gemstone pendant for your mother or sister's birthday? This type of info
Bobbye Villanueva
Aug 27, 2007 Bobbye Villanueva rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crystals
This is the definitive book for researching the mystical properties of precious and semiprecious gemstones.

It is by far the most thorough and complete listing of stones, as well as the most researched text I have encountered on the subject.

The author also makes a point to cross reference which chakra points each stone corresponds to, its astrological sign, and the number it vibrates to.

The latter has been especially helpful when tying in my research on stones with my research on the Hebrew aleph
Elizabeth Desrochers
Aug 03, 2008 Elizabeth Desrochers rated it it was amazing
The best metaphysical book of Crystals. Melody's book is in easy to read format with detailed information such as Cleansing, Configurations, and Practical applications for working with all types of crystals. I especially love the healing assets of each and every crystal. This book should be in every healer's Library.
Jan 11, 2008 Abbegale rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Earth Lovers and Worshipers
Basically the Bible of Crystal energies. It's really beautiful what an impact seemingly inanimate objects (rocks, stones, crystals) can have on ourselves- mentally, emotionally, phsyically, spiritually... CHeck CHeck Check it out!
Jan 25, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
This is the most comprehensive book on crystals and minerals. I love how each crystal has metaphysical and scientific information. I reference this book whenever I need to research a crystal.
Aug 05, 2012 Barbara rated it it was amazing
One of the best books for the metaphysical properties of stones. Great reference book. A necessity for those of us who love crystals.
Oct 22, 2015 Susie rated it really liked it
I've had this book for years. Useful comprehensive reference book on crystals and their properties.
Mar 08, 2011 Eartha rated it really liked it
THE book on crystals. Comprehensive and very well researched. A fantastic reference.
Jan 01, 2010 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: pagan
A very comprehensive study on Crystals and their properties. Sadly, no photos
C.J. Prince
One of the best reference books for gems and stones and their deeper meanings!!
Sep 24, 2009 Vikki rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
I love this series. This book was the first "metaphysical" book I really found working for me. It's all about rocks, what they are and what their "special" properties are and can do. I highly recommend it for the beginner or the more experienced energy worker. I still find myself using it as a reference book for so many different issues! Surely a book that should be in everyone's libraries.
Sep 09, 2016 Sara rated it liked it
I found this book to be a useful addition to my library of books on Crystal Healing. I use it as a supplement to my work with Naisha Ahsian's Book of Stones. It's got a few too many variables for me, and I'm not especially interested in the numerical or astrological associations Melody makes to the stones. I do find her descriptions of the uses of individual stones to be helpful.
Joanne G. Rihm
Apr 01, 2008 Joanne G. Rihm rated it it was amazing
This book was highly recommended to me by a very dear friend of mine. She guided me through some tough times and became the most incredible friend I ever had. This book (however cheesy the title sounds) is a guide book for anyone interested in the metaphysical meanings of gemstones and minerals. A must have.
Brenda Jenkins Kleager
Feb 22, 2008 Brenda Jenkins Kleager rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystical
I couldn't decide between a 4 and 5 rating, but when I realized just how often I turn to this book as a reference, I had to give it a 5. It's a huge volume which includes almost any mineral, crystal and stone you can imagine with mystical associations.
Élise McNeill
Jan 09, 2016 Élise McNeill rated it it was amazing
My favourite book on crystals! Melodie is an epic conduit, and I believe with any book you read on such topics, it is always important that the author is in tune with high frequencies to ensure the information they bring through is pure. I personally feel that is the case with this book.
Carolin Atchison
Jul 31, 2012 Carolin Atchison rated it it was amazing
If you want to know why you are drawn to certain type of gemstones or semi-precious gemstones - you'll know why when you read Love is in the Earth. There truly is a lot of love in the Earth. If we only could take better care of it!!
Jan 09, 2014 etherealfire rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome and invaluable crystal/gem reference/resource book. I'm a crystal collector and an affirmation believer and this is just about the best metaphysical gem/crystal reference book out there!
Apr 16, 2008 Delia rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Rock hounds
I reference this book ALL the time. This woman has so much knowledge of different crystals and such. Very informational and interesting. I'm a rock hound, so it's a fun book for me.
Aug 18, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
This is the ultimate crystal bible and a must for anyone interested in crystals and their healing properties.
Alexandra Lohman
Jan 14, 2016 Alexandra Lohman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
This book is an excellent reference! I've learned a lot about the crystals I have, and how they each had a quality that I needed to strengthen when I got them.
Linda White
Nov 22, 2013 Linda White rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing reference book for identifying stones! Stones vibrate as does everything and this book tells you the vibration and how that vibration influences the human body. Melody is amazing.
Mar 15, 2009 Lia marked it as to-read
Recommended by many as THE book for reference. No pictures, but good information that is studied and researched.
Geraldine Dyer
Nov 17, 2013 Geraldine Dyer rated it it was amazing
Best and most comprehensive crystal reference book you can find. Worth buying if you're seriously serious about your geology and crystal meanings.
Aug 06, 2012 Elena rated it liked it
This is a good book, but the fact that it relies only on line drawings takes a lot away from it for me.
Aradia V
Feb 02, 2008 Aradia V rated it it was amazing
The essential guide to healing with gemstones. She also gives you scientific information. No pictures, but she has finally put out the pictorial supplement.
Robert E
Oct 01, 2012 Robert E rated it it was amazing
This is my go- to book on the metaphysical properties of crystals!! There is no better book than this that has been written in the English language! A MUST own! Very highly recommended ;-)
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • The Crystal Bible 2
  • Crystal Enlightenment: The Transforming Properties of Crystals and Healing Stones
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic
  • Crystal Therapy: How to Heal and Empower Your Life with Crystal Energy
  • Animal-Wise: The Spirit Language and Signs of Nature
  • The Crystal Healer: Crystal prescriptions that will change your life forever
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • Animal Magick the Art of Recognizing and Working with Familiars
  • American Indian Secrets of Crystal Healing
  • Serpent of Light: Beyond 2012 the Movement of the Earth's Kundalini and the Rise of the Female Light, 1949 to 2013
  • Wicca: A comprehensive guide to the Old Religion in the modern world
  • The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras
  • Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development
  • Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living
  • Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
  • Goddess Alive!: Inviting Celtic & Norse Goddesses Into Your Life