Start by marking “Dark Legend (Dark, #8)” as Want to Read:
Dark Legend (Dark,  #8)

Dark Legend (Dark Saga #8)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  13,732 ratings  ·  230 reviews
He woke deep within the ground, and the first sensation he felt was hunger. An overwhelming hunger for blood that demanded satisfaction. But as he hunted the dark streets of Paris for prey, a voice called to him, soothing, calming, giving him the strength to control his craving.

Francesca Del Ponce was a healer, a woman who radiated goodness as powerfully as the sun did lig
Mass Market Paperback, 382 pages
Published January 8th 2002 by Leisure Books (first published January 7th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Legend, please sign up.

Timothy I haven't read this book it is very interesting, I think it is very good book. it is very more exciting stories
Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostLover Revealed by J.R. Ward
The Best Adult Vampire Romance Books
118th out of 825 books — 2,733 voters
City of Bones by Cassandra ClareTwilight by Stephenie MeyerMoon Called by Patricia BriggsDark Lover by J.R. WardDead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Best Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy
120th out of 1,007 books — 1,394 voters

More lists with this book...

Jen (Red Hot Books)
Just when you think you've met the oldest and most powerful of Christine Feehan's Carpathian males, she produces one who's even older and more powerful. We've heard the stories about the legendary Daratrazanoff twins, Gabriel and Lucian. Gregori's older brothers were great fighters and protectors of the Carpathian people. Everyone has believed them dead for centuries, but they've really been locked beneath the earth all this time.

The brothers made a pact early on that should either one become a
Susan
Originally read in June 2008

Christine Feehan's Dark Legend is the 8th book in her "Dark Carpathians" series, and I must tell you that the books just get better and better as I continue. In this book we delve further into the legendary twin Carpathian hunters Gabriel and Lucian. The last couple of books have "whispered" to us of them, but as this is Gabriel's story, we learn a lot about him and his brother here. This is also the story of Francesca Del Ponce, Gabriel's amazing lifemate.

For two tho
Zeek
Mar 05, 2012 Zeek rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr
I tried Christine Feehan before and couldn't get into her stories, but so many recommend her I had to give her another shot.

Dark Legend, the story of Gabriel, the Carpathian hero who lived for centuries with one intent, keeping his Carpathian-turned-Vampire twin brother, Lucian, in check.

Dark Legend opens with Gabriel awakening after a century's long, self-induced sleep in the earth, hungry and in need. Almost immediately, he meets up with Franchesca- who just happens to be his lifemate.

How conv
Mafi
Feb 11, 2012 Mafi rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sherrilyn Kenyon's fans
Shelves: pt, read-marathon, 2012
Adorei este livro!

Não sei o que passou na cabeça da Bertrand para editarem o 8º volume desta série, mesmo sendo livros individuais, tinha mais lógica começarem pelo primeiro.

Este livro conta a história de Gabriel e Lucian, dois irmãos gémeos, caçadores de vampiros que depois de um desentendimento, ficam largos anos separados. Separada de Gabriel está também Francesca, uma curandeira, com um coração de outro, sempre pronta a ajudar quem mais precisa. E é assim que conhece Gabriel, pois pensando
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
My favorite things about this Carpathian books were:

Francesca is very independent and capable. She's existed for many years and managed to hide herself from the Carpathian males and the vampires. She figured out how to live as a human. I love her big heart, how she takes care of the homeless people and heals the sick. She was a great heroine.

I also liked Gabriel. He accepted Francesca as she was, embracing her personality and her strengths, and admiring and supporting her.

Skylar's story just ab
Kazza
I have a guilty secret (well not so secret) it's these darn Carpathian books. Truly they aren't really my style but bloody hell I still read them because there is something about the men that I just like and some of the women too. This book though I personally found a tough read, she was so good, he was so good, no he was so good, no she was...you get my point. Christine Feehan is to be thanked for today's PNR UF books but boy can she waffle sometimes and this book was a waffler and a half. The ...more
Elise-banned from infomercials and ebay
The best thing about this book was the relationship between Gabriel and Lucian. Incredible. The only thing I didn't like about Lucian, and it really isn't Lucian's fault, is that I had gotten it engrained in my head that Gregori is the most powerful Carpathian. Now all of these old folks are showing up. Gregori is looking like a kid LOL! But seriously, the interaction and love from brother to brother is wonderful and I like it that even in the midst of being hunted by his brother, Lucian felt hi ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
I have a secret…….when it comes to reading books …it’s like living with OCD….you know…obsessive compulsive disorder!!!!! If I start reading the first book in a series I have to read them all……what a luck that my friend gave me the first 12 or 13 books in the Dark Series….which I finished reading nonstop for the next two weeks….and before I reached book 12, I had in my possession the entire series (after doing a web search to find where they could be bought!!!).
Hunger…that’s what I felt……turning
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Gabriel and his twin, Lucian, are legendary hunters among the Carpathians. They have been destroying vampires and defeating human armies for two millennia, but for the past hundred years no one has seen or heard of them. Word is that Lucian turned vampire and his brother hunted and fought him across the globe. Now after a century of sleeping beneath a Parisian cemetery, construction crews have woken them to a new world, new technology but the same age-old battle.

Gabriel wakes hungry, his body li
Tpring
What is the allure of this life-mate nonsense? It is neither a particularly romantic concept nor does it make a good foundation for an engrossing narrative. I know there are stories which do it well, giving it an unexpected twist or a deeper meaning. 'Dark Legend' is not one of those.

Heroine is a saint who worked hard on forging an independent life for herself. Hero crawls from the soil after a century long confinement and stumbles upon his mate 10 minutes later. Instead of letting her get to kn
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort

One of my favorite books EVER

Still my favorite book EVER
Nymphsin
Jan 17, 2009 Nymphsin rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who love the Carpathians and the world they live in...
Recommended to Nymphsin by: Long time fan...
Donna
I have a small number of favourites in this series and this is certainly one of them. There is so much to like about this story. Francesca is fairly unique among Carpathian females - highly independent, resourceful, courageous, and very skilled as a healer. She is the only female, in the books I've read so far, who is planning to face the dawn. Her struggle to accept Gabriel into her life is not uncommon in this series, but she also struggles to forgive him for his apparent earlier rejection of ...more
Debbie
Evading vampires, Carpathians and human hunters for so many centuries, Francesca Del Ponce was amazed that the one male she wanted to avoid the most walked out of the darkness and into her arms. Hunger was such a strong feeling as Gabriel emerged from his disturbed rest only to find one of the most healing souls he had ever run across. As soon as Francesca realized who was with her, her lifemate, she knew what would happen, offering her life for his seemed her only option to save him, and hersel ...more
Kaireyven
Carina
My patience was rewarded with a good book in the series - yay!!!

So, it turns out this is book 8, apparently I own 1-6, then I think 8-9 not sure where the others I own fall but I know they are after 8. Considering how the stories tend to follow one another (view spoiler)
T.J. Shaw
I’ve read some of Ms. Feehan’s earlier books in this Dark Carpathian series. I enjoyed them then and DARK LEGEND proved no different. DARK LEGEND is a great continuation in the Carpathian novels. Ms. Feehan’s writing style is sweeping and lyrical, and left no doubt in my mind about the characters’ feelings toward each other. Francesca is a strong, independent woman who has forged her own way in life. I admired her achievements and her compassion. ¬¬¬Gabriel is the strong, egotistical Carpathian ...more
Ally
Apr 02, 2008 Ally rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2008, ebook
For two thousand years, Carpathian twins Gabriel and Lucian were vampire hunters. But then, Lucian turned vampire, forcing Gabriel to hunt him. Lucian and Gabriel battled each other for centuries until two hundred years ago, when Gabriel sacrificed his freedom, trapping Lucian and himself in the earth of a Parisian cemetery. Now, modern construction work within the cemetery has disturbed their resting place and Gabriel and his dark brother Lucian are raised from the rubble. Weakened and in despe ...more
Madalena
Este livro foi uma agradabilíssima surpresa. Não tinha muitas expectativas quando o comecei a ler apesar da história poder prometer. E agarrou-me logo desde as primeiras páginas. Só posso dizer - magnífico! Um daqueles livros que apetece nao largar até acabar de o ler.
A história é a de Gabriel e Lucian, dois irmãos gémeos cárpatos que caçavam vampiros e protegiam o seu povo e a raça humana destes seres. Mas Lucien cedeu para as trevas e Gabriel teve de passar a pensar no irmão como seu inimigo e
Pat Cromwell
I struggled through this inially because of that darn lifemate Franacesca! While not as whinny as yucky Raven, she worked my last nerve. Then, when she went off on the human Bryce I gained a semblence of respect for her. But I didn't like the way she initially treated Gabriel, after all, he is a Daratrazanoff so my though is "How Dare She". As I read more about her in future books, I warmed all the more to her. In Dark Celebration, I became her fan because in Dark Celebration you have all the wo ...more
Gardavson
4 1/2 stars. Perhaps one of the best in her series so far. I liked this book, the plot and action. It was, perhaps, a bit predictable but everything turned out exactly as I wanted it to so...

This was Gabriel's story, which, of course, involved Lucian as well. The romance was nice in this story, and balanced itself out well with the plot running along side it. I'd been waiting for the story of the legendary twins, had great hopes for it, and wasn't disappointed. I'm really looking forward to Luci
Judith Parra
I loved Gabriel and Francesca's book. The couple was just right for each other and it was great reading about the powerful Carpathian twins. I am a twin myself and I enjoy reading stories about twins and their bonds.

Mrs.Feehan did a great job describing Gabriel and his bond with his twin Lucian. Gabriel awoke from a two century sleep when he sensed his brother rose and escaped into modern day Paris. The twin brothers had been battling each other for centuries and it came to a head in Paris wher
Alicia Beharry
I'm not usually one to partake in reading books about vampires but a good friend of mine recommended it and took her advice. I loved the book entirely and I recommend it to anyone who has a love for vampires trilogy can't wait to read the second book yayyy :) I'm not giving any spoilers none at all just read it. Well ok maybe one or two the plot and immense word usage full of gratification not excluding............

"Then with one mind-shattering vow she gave herself -- "I offer freely, without re
Camita Drake
Dark Legend is the 8th book in Christine Feehan’s Dark Series. Gabriel is the identical twin brother of Lucian. Both are ancients and legend among their people. Throughout the centuries, Gabriel has half-heartedly tried to kill Lucian after he turned vampire. This has not been an easy task, since Lucian is very powerful. He knows that his claiming of Francesca will put her life in danger. Since he needs her to save his soul, he knows he must claim her as his lifemate and kill his twin in order t ...more
KatieV
I had taken a break from this series (there are soooo many of them). Someone made a comment on another review and mentioned that I should go back and read this one (I skipped a few). I'm glad I did. This was definitely one of the better entries in the series.

These books get repetitive. It's not that I don't like the plot or premise, but I find I get a bit burnt out when I read them back to back.

This is the story of Gabriel, one of the infamous and legendary twins that are talked about in the pr
Veronica
I really liked this book. This was different in that this was not 'You are my life mate you must come with me now' scenario. In this story we are told about Gabriel and Lucian (twins) and Francesca. I liked the fact that there was no long winded tale about how the male had to convince or convert a female into being his life mate as Francesca was a Carpathain female so none of that will she or won't she dynamics.

We were led to believe that Gabriel was to destroy his twin who had turned (but had
Marcelle Wesley
i have read all of the carpathian novels from the first to dark symphony ... i love how all the books join together with there storys which has made me buy not just one a time but the next 5 just so im not left without one to pick straight up they each get better i cant say there is a favorite .. but i do love both books with lucian & gabriel... enjoy reading the rest ladies ..
Carrie
I like Christine Feehan's Dark series. They can be read in order or stand alone. This was a better one. The woman was actual a Carpathian, not human, as in all the other books. Much different than previous books. I really enjoyed reading the books where a woman is actually an equal from the beginning.
Heather Tisdale
So, there were some things that were okay with this book, but this series is getting boring fast. I feel like I'm reading the same story multiple times with few differences. Every series has a lot of similarities among books, but this one just gets exhausting for some reason.
Kathrynn
Jan 20, 2008 Kathrynn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
#8 in Carpathian series and I liked Gabriel's character. He is the twin brother of Lucian (book #9) and when he meets Fransesca the sparks fly. Hot! This series should be read in order. The characters from this book play a fairly important part in book #9, too.

• After Twilight (Dark, #7)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • The Renegade Hunter (Argeneau #12; Rogue Hunter #3)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • Dark Need (Darkyn, #3)
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 50 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, & the Sisters of the Heart Series. All five series hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received 3 of the 9 Paran ...more
More about Christine Feehan...

Dark Saga (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Dark Prince (Dark, #1)
  • Dark Desire (Dark, #2)
  • Dark Gold (Dark, #3)
  • Dark Magic (Dark #4)
  • Dark Challenge (Dark, #5)
  • Dark Fire (Dark, #6)
  • Dark Dream (Dark, #7)
  • Dark Guardian (Dark, #9)
  • The Scarletti Curse
  • Dark Symphony  (Dark, #10)
Dark Prince (Dark, #1) Dark Desire (Dark, #2) Dark Magic (Dark #4) Dark Gold (Dark, #3) Dark Fire (Dark, #6)

“He found a stuffed animal, a fluffy wolf with bright blue eyes, and was immediately drawn to it. "I want to get this for her. It is telling me it needs to go home with us." Francesca laughed at him.” 16 likes
“Francesca took a navy blue sheath from a hanger and held it up. "This is darling, Gabriel. Don't you love it? You're right, I think we need to concentrate on much more feminine articles of clothing."
He reached around her and fingered the soft material. "Where is the rest of it?" He was very serious, his dark eyes searching her face for signs she was teasing.”
13 likes