For Pleasure...or Marriage? (Models & Millionaires, #1)

For Pleasure...or Marriage? (Models & Millionaires #1)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  382 ratings  ·  26 reviews

A mistress is for pleasure, not for marriage...

Tycoon Markos Makarios thinks he has the perfect woman in Vanessa: she's beautiful, adoring, living only to please him. In fact, she's the best mistress he's ever had. Until he has to warn her not to think of marriage; a mistress is only for pleasure, after all.

But Vanessa had believed she was his partner--not merely a playth

Published May 1st 2006 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about For Pleasure...or Marriage?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Pleasure...or Marriage?

Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasDreaming of You by Lisa KleypasNot Quite a Husband by Sherry ThomasKiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsMarried By Morning by Lisa Kleypas
Fresh Scent of Pining Hero
48th out of 124 books — 165 voters
The Spanish Groom by Lynne GrahamBond of Hatred by Lynne GrahamGold Ring of Betrayal by Michelle ReidTrophy Husband by Lynne GrahamTempestuous Reunion by Lynne Graham
My Fave Harlequins
53rd out of 305 books — 98 voters

More lists with this book...

Marajean
Jenny
This was so intense and angsty which is why I loved it. I love it when the hero is a jerk and as soon as he realizes his stupidity he is ready to grovel. This love story was so beautiful and passionate, my only complain is that I needed more of these two.
Leona
In spite of the fact that this had all the ingredients I hate in an HP, I actually really liked it. I think because when she finally woke up, she really woke up....and he had to dance a merry tune to get her back.
Jacqueline
The first half of this book was so saccharine that it made my teeth hurt. It was full of phrases like this:

Never before in her life had she been so grateful to be beautiful--because her beauty was for the man she loved. For Markos. Without it, after all, he would not have looked twice at her--but with it, oh, with it, she could lay it at his feet as her gift to him.

and

The last thing Markos needed was criticism from her for working so hard. One of the few things she could do for him, after all,
KatieV
Hero is a jerk who takes h for granted. He calls her his mistress, but she thinks he's her boyfriend. When he coldly sets her straight, she leaves and doesn't tell him she's pregnant. Although I could have smacked the hero, it was still a good read.

Actually one of my favorite of this genre (of which there aren't enough) listen up HP!

Mareli
I don't know exactly the reason why but I'm i love with this story. Maybe that's because she's good, no weepy kind but a girl with a backbone but I cannot resist. I read it a lot of time and never got tired.
RLA
The heroine Vanessa and the hero Markos meet in Paris, Markos is immediately attracted to her and soon discovers that she is perfect for him. Vanessa has spent most of her life sheltered and is a little flustered by Markos's attentions, yet she quickly falls for him. Six months on and Vanessa feels blissfully happy and has more or less devoted herself to him. Markos is also happy with things the way they are with Vanessa, and even the pressure from his father to marry suitably doesn't get to him...more
RomReader
Simple & beautiful heroine has been blissfully living with dynamic Greek hero for 6 months since they met during her 1st travel endeavor, travelling with him when he can & waiting for him when they're in town. So she is shocked to hear that hero only considers her his mistress & that she will get the boot if she gets pregnant to chain him to her b/c he will never marry. The last straw was when his supposed-fiance's mother pays heroine off to leave hero. Heroine does but in her own wa...more
Ladyacct
Loved this HP from beginning to end, REALLY loved the fact that while the heroine was adoring and quite naive, when she woke up, she really WOKE up and stood firm. While I think the ending could have had a bit more discussion, it covered most everything quite well.

two typos/editing issues.
Vanessa
Markos is suffering from boredom when he comes across the very beautiful naïve Vanessa in Paris. He seems to be her white knight in discouraging the attentions of OM, yet he is really a wolf in disguise! Yep he has decided that he wants Vanessa for himself and he sets out to acquire her as his latest mistress – a term that Vanessa has never applied to herself nor even thought about. Markos is all kosher w/ the new status quo and seems to relish the idea that Vanessa is so in AWE of him. After al...more
Fanny
Esta historia me gusto mucho mas que el libro de Leo, el primo de Marko.

3.5 de 5 Estrellas!!
Siddhee
Yeah well it was okay...The story was pretty straight-forward! and for once, the heroine's actions are justified.

Vanessa believed she was in a relationship with Markos, and hence was living with him! While for Markos, Vanessa was nothing but the most perfect MISTRESS!

When Vanessa realizes this, she leaves Markos. Oh yeah, and she is also pregnant!!!
Diah Didi
Hadooooh ... sebetulnya saya suka sih sama tema begini, tapi nama hero-nya bikin saya ilpiiiiil. Markos Makarios? For real? Berasa kayak cecep gorbacep dan i-ce ju-i-ce. Hmpfh!
Crystal
Tycoon Markos Makarios and Vanessa met each other in Paris and Markos had to have her and made her his mistress. Vanessa never scents that anything is wrong six months later and ask him where their relationship is going.

Markos has been with Venessa for six months and she is the perfect woman for him, she does everything for him and is only his. So when she asked him that he warned her that they would never get married. I just knew that he really broke her hear.

The only thing she could do is leav...more
Paula Legate
This book started out as a really sweet romance. Later on I got annoyed with Vanessa. She was such a door mat. She was not allowed to call Markos when he was out of town, but he called her when he wanted to. Being naive she just thought he was working hard, and that was normal. I was thankful when she found a backbone and left him. She found out that all she was to Markos was his mistress. I felt sorry for her, because she really did love him. When Vanessa left, Markos was angry, shocked, and hu...more
Toomanybooks
Great Book

I loved this book. He is bored with life and hears her fighting off men while trying to tour Paris. He finds her beautiful and feisty. The word mistress gets pulled in and she is hurt because she has fallen in love with him. He has to grovel to get her back. I loved that alone but the book was good also. This will a reread for me.
Diamond

The H treat h as a mistress ,, h did not know she thought she was a girlfriend
Angy
i have read this book few years back and really liked it.
Claire
Hero thinks he's getting a perfect mistress while naive heroine thought they were in a deeper relationship. When confronted by the mother of supposed fiancee, she runs away. Hero thinks she's just spring cleaning and disposed of her clothes.
Hero offers marriage once he finds out she's pregnant. Wanted a paternity check, too. She rejects him and leaves him again. He follows and upon his cousin's advice (so daft is he, he needs love counseling 101) on how to win her back, rents half of the beach...more
Cathy
The H is proof positive that there is a difference between book smart and street smart. He lacks the latter.

His cousin added some funny moments and I appreciated the h's final backbone. The H is officially an idiot.
Nancy
Julia James does dual pov very well; esp after Vanessa left. The H was a bit of a jerk but the grovelling at the end was first class.
Roub
absolutely loved it !! there was nothing special about this book i mean no intense emotions no major conflict but i enjoyed it so much !! a keeper definitely with no melodrama
Karina
Another great book and story. Markos is just a great character with good qualities that Vanessa brings out with her unconditional love.
Lindalee
What a crappy end not to tell us what the baby was
Radwa Mohamed
Ranveer
Ranveer marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
  • The Demetrios Virgin
  • The Billionaire's Pregnant Mistress (Petronides Brothers Duo #1 & Greek Tycoons #4)
  • Raffaele: Taming His Tempestuous Virgin (Orisini Brothers, #1)
  • The Italian's Revenge (Modern Romance, #18)
  • The Italian Boss's Mistress (Brides of L'Amour, #2)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Baby Revenge (Harlequin Presents, #2690)
  • Expecting His Love-Child (House of Kolovsky #1)
  • The Brunelli Baby Bargain
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • The Desert King's Pregnant Bride (Unexpected Babies) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #50)
  • The Sicilian's Virgin Bride
Baby of Shame Greek Tycoon, Waitress Wife An Heir for the Millionaire The Greek's Virgin Bride Purchased for Revenge