Start by marking “Third & Forever” as Want to Read:
Third & Forever

Third & Forever

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  29 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
When Officer Grace Stevens returns to college for an advanced degree, she doesn't expect to stumble into the web of a serial rapist whose charm and skill on the football field hide a much more sinister side. In the big money arena of college sports where winners are above the law, Grace finds herself playing a dangerous game against an opponent who doesn't like to lose.
Published April 5th 2005 by Signet (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Third & Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Third & Forever

Prima Seadiva
May 05, 2015 Prima Seadiva rated it liked it
Though I enjoyed it the book did not resonate with me quite like First Avenue. Though the topic of the mystery (rape and class privilege) was difficult it was interesting and timely in the way it was addressed.I feel he addresses topics without sensationalizing them.

Clausen again also seems to like to address family secrets and connections.I like the inclusion of repeat characters from the first book.Inexplicably the Settle Public Library does not have Second Watch or his more recent books. Odd
Ice
May 12, 2010 Ice rated it really liked it
Shelves: novel
Walking the familiar beat on Ballard Avenue with her partner, Katherine Murphy, Seattle Police Officer Grace Stevens walks through time as well, recalling her special childhood game of sidewalk hopscotch that she once played on this same street—a game with self-constructed, secret rules that she would never break. Grace’s longing for unbroken rules and for a kind of perfect balance is just that—a longing that can survive only in her inner world. For beyond the known streets of her childhood, bey ...more
Maddy
Feb 08, 2009 Maddy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2005-reads
RATING: 4.5
SETTING: Washington State
Third book in the trilogy is set in Ballard, Washington, where Grace
Stevens and Katherine Murphy are cops. There's a serial rapist preying
on prostitutes and others in the surrounding area. The book is more of
a character study than a true mystery. During the course of the
investigation, Grace and her sister Evangeline go on a revealing trip to
Louisiana where they find out about their heritage. Grace is also doing
a research study and runs into Maria, the daughter
Andrew
Jul 04, 2012 Andrew rated it really liked it
This was my least favorite of the 3 books in the series, but it still means that I liked it more than most of the stuff I read by other authors.

Perhaps because I knew the series was coming to an end? Perhaps because of the way the focus on the characters shifted (* - see below)? Perhaps because this book was the only one to venture outside of Seattle? I'm not sure. HOWEVER, I really wish that this was not the last in the series.

* - Similar to Tana French's "Dublin Murder Squad" series, this ser
Susan
Jan 07, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing
This is Clawsen's third novel with Seattle Police Officer Grace Stevens and her partner Katherine Murphy. I'll admit that I really liked the first two better. This one kind of got bogged down in Grace's slave grandmother which never quite tied in, with the plot about a University star football player who leads team members on gang rapes. But, I will absolutely be looking for his next one.
Evelyn
May 03, 2013 Evelyn rated it it was amazing
This author has a way of making his character's so real and believable. The last half of the book I didn't want to put it down.
Tara
Apr 12, 2009 Tara marked it as to-read
Maybe I'll come back to it. Had a hard time getting into this book
Paula Hambrick
Paula Hambrick marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Sheri Orts
Sheri Orts marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Pnwism
Pnwism rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
OMalleycat
OMalleycat rated it liked it
May 29, 2015
Donna Porter
Donna Porter marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Linda Lawrie
Linda Lawrie marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Galen Johnson
Galen Johnson rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2013
Aj Marzol
Aj Marzol rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2013
Jenn
Jenn added it
Sep 29, 2013
Nancy Revere bondhus
Nancy Revere bondhus is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2013
Shannon Padur
Shannon Padur rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
kat
kat rated it it was ok
May 27, 2013
lyn
lyn added it
May 26, 2013
Deidre
Deidre marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2013