Start by marking “Goddess of the Ice Realm (Lord of the Isles, #5)” as Want to Read:
Goddess of the Ice Realm (Lord of the Isles, #5)

Goddess of the Ice Realm (Lord of the Isles #5)

Goddess of the Ice Realm- Book 5 (Lord of the Isles Saga)
Mass Market Paperback, 522 pages
Published July 11th 2004 by TOR Fantasy (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Goddess of the Ice Realm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goddess of the Ice Realm

Dark-Draco
Apr 19, 2013 Dark-Draco rated it it was amazing
In the 5th novel of the series, Garric and his friends reach the city of Carcosa, where there is tension between the three priesthoods. When Tenoctris, accompanied by Cashel, tries to find out whether one temple is a trap, evil magic is set upon them, leaving Cashel with a choice - die in its grasp or serve a powerful young wizard who pulls him to her world before the end. Embroiled in her fight, he finds himself trying to save a whole soceity instead. Worried about her fiance, Sharina is caught ...more
Omly
Feb 17, 2008 Omly rated it liked it
I had enjoyed the Lord of the Isles original trilogy, so I was a little surprised when I found out that it had become a longer series. While this book was good, I don't know that I would have been able to follow who everyone was if I hadn't already read the other books in the series. This is definitely a book you want read in its proper sequence. It was nice to hear more about the characters that I had really come to enjoy, but the premise seems like it is being stretched out a bit by the author ...more
Becca
Nov 29, 2011 Becca rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. Sharina and Beard were probably my two favorite characters. I loved their interaction. I'm trying to understand Ilna and Chalcus, particularly their relationship and I feel like I'm missing something, something that would shed the light on why they are the way they are. Anyway, good story, romping fun action and a great pace throughout.
Eric
Apr 14, 2008 Eric rated it liked it
A good read in early medevil setting (post Roman Empire styled setting). The heros of the story are on continuing quest to unify the Isles (story is not bound by earth's geography). Their world is most warter and the known land masses collectively are known as the Isles.

There is a lot of fantacy in the story line (wizards and monsters). It makes for entertaining light reading.
Heather Rogers
Jul 24, 2015 Heather Rogers rated it really liked it
I liked this one more than some of the previous. I noticed there are details missing between this one and the next. For instance, no wedding and no mention of there ever having been a wedding scheduled. When did they leave for Erdin? If they are doing a roundabout circuit why hasn't more time lapsed? The inner sea does not seem to be that small.
Alex
Sep 21, 2015 Alex rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A good ending to this one, pulling a lot of threads together well. Nice character development too. Mind you - these books are getting really long, and a lot of it's padding. I think this is the last one I'll read.
Jacob Aitken
Aug 20, 2012 Jacob Aitken rated it really liked it
The series is starting to fall into a rut. He is using the same plot device in every book. It's still interesting, but he is running out of ideas. His character creation, as usual, is superb.
Jim Pike
Apr 01, 2016 Jim Pike rated it it was amazing
Gripping story, with a surprise twist at the end. I wasn't expecting that. Very well told, and keeps you hooked wanting more.
Chad
Apr 21, 2008 Chad rated it really liked it
same roadmap but still ok... if you ignore the same stuff he puts in all the books, he tells a good story
sheldon dawn j
sheldon dawn j rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2016
Doc Johnny
Doc Johnny rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2011
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Ronald
Ronald rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2011
David Bevins
David Bevins rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2013
Kris Hazenfield
Kris Hazenfield rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Nicholas Sims
Nicholas Sims rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2013
David
David rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2010
Carl Brown
Carl Brown rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2014
Peter Schultz
Peter Schultz rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2009
Richard Ritenbaugh
Richard Ritenbaugh rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2013
Jkotchevar
Jkotchevar rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2013
Tomm Taylor
Tomm Taylor rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2013
Gary
Gary rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2010
Paul O'connor
Paul O'connor rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2013
Jennifer Bridges
Jennifer Bridges rated it it was ok
Jun 17, 2013
David Byard
David Byard rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2014
Nicole Wilkins
Nicole Wilkins rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2008
Aaron Mills
Aaron Mills rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2012
David Davies
David Davies rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2012
  • The Glasswrights' Test (Glasswright, #4)
  • Scepters (Corean Chronicles, #3)
  • Odyssey
  • The Sea Lark's Song
  • Impossible Odds (The King's Blades, #5)
  • Man-Kzin Wars 11 (Man-Kzin Wars, #11)
  • The Assassin's Edge (The Tales of Einarinn, #5)
  • A Mankind Witch  (Heirs of Alexandria, #1.5)
  • Sleipnir
  • The Outlanders (Lon Tobyn Chronicle, #2)
  • The House of the Kzinti (Man-Kzin Wars)
  • Forward the Mage (Joe's World, #2)
  • A Mage in the Making (The Chronicles of Grimm Dragonblaster, #1)
19472
David Drake is an American author of science fiction and fantasy literature. A Vietnam War veteran who has worked as a lawyer, he is now one of the major authors of the military science fiction genre.
More about David Drake...

Lord of the Isles (9 books)
  • Lord of the Isles (Lord of the Isles, #1)
  • Queen of Demons (Lord of the Isles, #2)
  • Servant of the Dragon (Lord of the Isles, #3)
  • Mistress of the Catacombs (Lord of the Isles, #4)
  • Master of the Cauldron (Lord of the Isles, #6)
  • The Fortress of Glass