Goddess of the Ice Realm (Lord of the Isles, #5)

Goddess of the Ice Realm (Lord of the Isles #5)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  581 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Starting in Lord of the Isles and continuing in Queen of Demons, Servant of the Dragon, and Mistress of the Catacombs, David Drake has told the continuing, interlocking stories of Garric and Sharina, Cashel and Ilna, young brother and sister pairs who journey together from a small town to the capital. Their destiny is to reunite the island kingdoms of the Isles into one em
Mass Market Paperback, 522 pages
Published July 11th 2004 by TOR Fantasy (first published 2003)

Dark-Draco
In the 5th novel of the series, Garric and his friends reach the city of Carcosa, where there is tension between the three priesthoods. When Tenoctris, accompanied by Cashel, tries to find out whether one temple is a trap, evil magic is set upon them, leaving Cashel with a choice - die in its grasp or serve a powerful young wizard who pulls him to her world before the end. Embroiled in her fight, he finds himself trying to save a whole soceity instead. Worried about her fiance, Sharina is caught...more
Omly
I had enjoyed the Lord of the Isles original trilogy, so I was a little surprised when I found out that it had become a longer series. While this book was good, I don't know that I would have been able to follow who everyone was if I hadn't already read the other books in the series. This is definitely a book you want read in its proper sequence. It was nice to hear more about the characters that I had really come to enjoy, but the premise seems like it is being stretched out a bit by the author...more
Eric
A good read in early medevil setting (post Roman Empire styled setting). The heros of the story are on continuing quest to unify the Isles (story is not bound by earth's geography). Their world is most warter and the known land masses collectively are known as the Isles.

There is a lot of fantacy in the story line (wizards and monsters). It makes for entertaining light reading.
Becca
I really enjoyed this one. Sharina and Beard were probably my two favorite characters. I loved their interaction. I'm trying to understand Ilna and Chalcus, particularly their relationship and I feel like I'm missing something, something that would shed the light on why they are the way they are. Anyway, good story, romping fun action and a great pace throughout.
Jacob Aitken
The series is starting to fall into a rut. He is using the same plot device in every book. It's still interesting, but he is running out of ideas. His character creation, as usual, is superb.
Chad
same roadmap but still ok... if you ignore the same stuff he puts in all the books, he tells a good story
☯Bettie☯
home audio - no idea about this at all.

hmm

Not for me at this time
Fernando Morgan
Fernando Morgan marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Melody Mitton
Melody Mitton marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Amelia
Amelia added it
Jun 29, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Adrian Brown
Adrian Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
As
As marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Rusty Schaeffer
Rusty Schaeffer marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
  • Scepters (Corean Chronicles, #3)
  • The Dragon on the Border (Dragon Knight #3)
  • Beyond the Hanging Wall
  • Bonds of Vengeance (Winds of the Forelands, #3)
  • Sons of the Oak (Runelords, #5)
  • Impossible Odds (King's Blades, #5)
19472
David Drake is an American author of science fiction and fantasy literature. A Vietnam War veteran who has worked as a lawyer, he is now one of the major authors of the military science fiction genre.
More about David Drake...
Hammer's Slammers (Hammer's Slammers, #0) Lt. Leary, Commanding (Lt. Leary, #2) With the Lightnings (Lt. Leary, #1) An Oblique Approach (Belisarius, #1) The Far Side of the Stars (Lt. Leary, #3)