Start by marking “Catch a Fish, Throw a Ball, Fly a Kite: 21 Timeless Skills Every Child Should Know (and Any Parent Can Teach!)” as Want to Read:

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Knowing how to fold a paper airplane can make you a better parent!

Well, maybe not better, but you�ll certainly have more fun with your children, who understandably assume that you know how to do just about everything. If they only knew!

Catch a Fish, Throw a Ball, Fly a Kite is for parents who want to teach their children what they really want to learn--even the skills y
Published April 27th 2004 by Three Rivers Press

To ask other readers questions about Catch a Fish, Throw a Ball, Fly a Kite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catch a Fish, Throw a Ball, Fly a Kite

Kristen
This was a fun book to skim through. It has detailed instructions on how to teach children 21 different skills, ranging from baking bread to throwing a ball. I didn't expect it to be so thorough, so much so, that if you'd never even seen a ball before, you could follow each step and teach a kid to throw one (as in, throw and catch in a T-ball game). And it was kind of enlightening to me to realize how many of these I don't even know how to do (or do very well) -such as, eating with chopsticks, c ...more
Suz
Great book. I read it out of curiosity, but it really is well written.
Christina
While this is a very detailed instruction manual, I used it more as a checklist to see if there were any new "projects" we could tackle as a family. It's a fun book, but there's not anything in here that is not available on the internet.
Missy
This book explains different skills you could teach your child. I think I enjoyed the writing style even more than the information. I may revisit this when my children are older.
Barry
Barry added it
Jan 05, 2015
Michael A Patterson
Michael A Patterson marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Ftl
Ftl marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Nov 12, 2014
Drew Cottle
Drew Cottle marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Courtney Difruscio
Courtney Difruscio marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Kristie Corcoran
Kristie Corcoran marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Kimber
Kimber marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
mjg300
mjg300 marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2012
Denika Clay
Denika Clay marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2012
True Blue Opening the Prayer Book Dog Days Butterfly Man All the Reasons Michigan Is Better Than Ohio State: A Comprehensive Look at All of the Superior Qualities of the University of Michigan Compared to Th