Start by marking “You Were Loved Before You Were Born” as Want to Read:
You Were Loved Before You Were Born

You Were Loved Before You Were Born

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  101 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
In glowing paintings and a gentle, soothing text, a family and neighbors prepare as a baby gets closer and closer to being born. Everyone loves the baby, even before he/she is born.

Everyone in the family, and all the neighbors, too, are getting the house and garden ready for the birth of this highly anticipated child. The baby's room is painted with rainbows and stars, spe
Published January 1st 2008 by The Blue Sky Press

To ask other readers questions about You Were Loved Before You Were Born, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Were Loved Before You Were Born

Ashley
Feb 23, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book contains very heartfelt reminders. It essentially showcases how exciting having a baby can be and what kinds of preparations are made because of how loved babies are even before they are born. My personal favorite part of this book would definitely have to be the illustrations because they are so colorful and have so many patterns. So much action is going on in these illustrations and they really help give the reader a sense of how many people care about this baby and what they are doi ...more
Bridget
Aug 19, 2010 Bridget rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It is about how extended family, friends and neighbors were excited to meet the new baby before it was even born. Just how it should be. Folk style retro illustrations were whimsical.
Mike Romesburg
Oct 11, 2013 Mike Romesburg rated it really liked it
"Final Project" - Author Study: Eve Bunting

“You Were Loved Before You Were Born”, by Eve Bunting, is a wonderful story about a family’s anticipation of the arrival of a newborn child. This is an excellent story because it allows a child to see just how special he is to his parents, even before he was physically a part of the world. Also, the text and the illustrations coordinate exceptionally well, which enriches the reading experience for the children who choose to read this story. Lastly, this
Dorothy Carder
Jan 29, 2014 Dorothy Carder rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to see a particular section in the library for Eve Bunting! This book was very family-oriented and one that could be given as a gift to a newborn child that they could then have on into their later years of life. Something I noticed was that there was minimal print which lead me to believe the focus of the book was meant to be on the illustrations, which were very bright and vivid. It's a great book depicting the expected arrival of a new child and all of the preparation that go ...more
Amanda Funnell
May 27, 2014 Amanda Funnell rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Pro-life in that the baby is a focus, as a person, even before they are born.
Jfrlewis
May 19, 2009 Jfrlewis rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a very sweet book - a little cheesy, but nice. I liked the illustrations, although they seemed more attractive to an adult than a child. I especially liked the illustration on the page when the child is born.
Mrs. Downs
GR Level: J

Elementary: E BUN

When family members find out a baby is on it's way- everyone shows their love and excitement by helping out and making gifts for the baby.
Takeisha Hannor
This book was a good book to read. I read this book to my son to let him know that he was loved even before he was born. He enjoyed looking at the pictures and smiling as well. Good book!
Ashley Massa
Oct 29, 2012 Ashley Massa rated it really liked it
Picture Book 36
I thought this was such a cute and heartwarming story about parents unconditional love for their children. It made me think of my parents, and how much I love them!
Ebony Hargett
Apr 11, 2011 Ebony Hargett rated it really liked it
cute story about a family preparing for their new baby. I would use this story as a read-aloud or independent reading when talking about families and babies.
Erica
Aug 08, 2012 Erica rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Susan
Jan 23, 2009 Susan rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
i wanted to like this based on the title. just didn't care for it, neither the text nor the illustrations.
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
Jun 27, 2011 Randie D. Camp, M.S. rated it really liked it
Would make a great gift for expecting families, adopting families, and families with little babies :).
Ali
Oct 04, 2010 Ali rated it really liked it
My girls love this book. The illustration is unique and enjoyable. The message of the story is wonderful.
Apr 18, 2008 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is a great story with magnificent artwork. I want to paste the pages to my walls.
Tracy
Aug 04, 2008 Tracy rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Beautifully illustrated. A nice book serves as a conversation starter.
Erin
Nov 24, 2008 Erin rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
A beautifully illustrated before the baby was was born story. Sweet and nice.
Lauren
Mar 28, 2008 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: mothers, birthdays
The pictures might scare the bejeezus out of a chld, but I like them.
Tina Bartholoma
Dec 10, 2009 Tina Bartholoma rated it it was ok
"family, love, family and neighbors prepare for baby"
Lindsay
family, baby being born

beautiful illustrations
Teri
Jun 01, 2011 Teri rated it liked it
Shelves: families
typically good--we're happy you were born kind of book
Natalie
Aug 26, 2009 Natalie rated it really liked it
Great for pregnant ladies
Jenna
Mar 06, 2010 Jenna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010-boys-books
Love this book. Love it.
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
L.K. Sukany
L.K. Sukany rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Jessica Chiasson
Jessica Chiasson marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Monica
Monica added it
Mar 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
19126
Also known as Evelyn Bolton and A.E. Bunting.

Anne Evelyn Bunting, better known as Eve Bunting, is an author with more than 250 books. Her books are diverse in age groups, from picture books to chapter books, and topic, ranging from Thanksgiving to riots in Los Angeles. Eve Bunting has won several awards for her works.

Bunting went to school in Ireland and grew up with storytelling. In Ireland, “The
More about Eve Bunting...