Start by marking “Pain Free for Women: The Revolutionary Program for Ending Chronic Pain” as Want to Read:
Pain Free for Women: The Revolutionary Program for Ending Chronic Pain

Pain Free for Women: The Revolutionary Program for Ending Chronic Pain

“Women today not only deserve but should expect a pain-free, active lifestyle, no matter their age, no matter their previous experience.”

Pain Free for Women

In his famed San Diego clinic, Pete Egoscue has taught women of all ages and from all walks of life how to use the Egoscue Method for safe, effective, and permanent relief from chronic pain without prescription painkill
Published July 1st 2003 by Bantam (first published January 8th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Pain Free for Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pain Free for Women

Abigail Hilton
Feb 25, 2012 Abigail Hilton rated it liked it
The exercises in this book seem to be good, and I have no doubt that they bring many people relief from back pain. However, the author is more than a little crazy. He seems to believe, among other things, that drug-resistant epidemics of TB could be cured if we all just had better posture...because good posture will improve your immune system, and then you can fight off TB... This is beyond silly.

In Egoscue’s philosophy, everything from C-sections to cancer to ADD could be eliminated if we all
Amy Prosenjak
Apr 24, 2016 Amy Prosenjak rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feel-goods
Not the best written book but this method is changing my life. I'm 8 weeks in and feel better than I have in years!
Nicole
Jan 20, 2009 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Great book for all women to read! Really explains how pain and injury in adulthood stems from dysfunction in the musculoskeletal system as far back as infancy. Great book to help understand how to understand your body better. This book addresses posture at all stages of life including:infancy,adolesence, adult, pregnancy, senior years. Being certified through Egoscue, I practice what I preach and have watched the method work time and time again to correct dysfunction in bodies and eliminate pain ...more
Tara
May 02, 2012 Tara rated it really liked it
This book is awesome! So why not give it 5 stars? The format for actually doing the exercises is not ideal. The exercise pages should be tear out or come in poster form or something. The binding of the book and thus the integrity will be severely damaged over time from flattening it out to perform the exercises.
I think that all women should read this and then start moving! (Thanks to my cousin's wife for sharing this with me during my back pain months; I no longer have pain.)
Becky
Sep 20, 2008 Becky rated it really liked it
Wonderful alternative (and addition to) standard pain treatments. The whole concept of "give a man a fish" or "teach a man to fish" certainly applies to this book. You can come up with temporary solutions or surgeries that help or (using this book) get to the root of the problem, fix it, and make your whole body healthier. It's definitely a time commitment to do the exercizes, but it's well worth it!
Lisa  Schlottmann
I feel like I can't rate this yet because I haven't really done it yet to see if it works. I really need to get on the ball and just DO the diet and things he recommends to see if it helps at all!
Nolly Cantey
Dec 28, 2013 Nolly Cantey rated it it was amazing
so simple to be pain free if you can do what the book says...
Barb Lawrence
Aug 23, 2008 Barb Lawrence rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health
This should be required reading—it just makes so much sense. And who knew a (for all intents and purposes) medical text could be so incredibly interesting?!
Lucie
Dec 11, 2008 Lucie marked it as to-read
Recommended to Lucie by: Joe
Someone very dear to me recommended this book, not because i have pain, but because i wanted to accomplish something... i'll let you know how it turns out.
Martha
Feb 13, 2013 Martha rated it it was amazing
Fabulous...life changing, yogic
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia added it
Non-fiction
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Victoria J. Mitchell
Victoria J. Mitchell is currently reading it
Aug 31, 2016
Danny
Danny marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Pearl
Pearl is currently reading it
Aug 10, 2016
Susan Carey
Susan Carey rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Elizabeth F
Elizabeth F marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
efrencham
efrencham rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Anelia
Anelia marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Angelina
Angelina marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
julie kinney
julie kinney rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Judy
Judy added it
Aug 02, 2016
Tennye GiOtis
Tennye GiOtis rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Meej
Meej marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Diane Gallagher
Diane Gallagher marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016