Start by marking “The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods: Creating Old Favorites with the New Flours” as Want to Read:

The latest addition to the bestselling series of cookbooks that have sold more than 300,000 copies.

Bette Hagman is the premier creator of recipes for those intolerant to gluten and for those allergic to wheat. In the latest addition to the Gluten-free Gourmet series, Hagman turns her hand to old favorites such as macaroni and cheese, chicken pot pie, and lasagna that were
Published January 1st 2005 by Holt Paperbacks (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods

Knitography
Jul 08, 2009 Knitography rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I have to say, I was pretty disappointed in this book. It contains some useful information about gluten-free alternatives to wheat flour, but most of the recipes didn't appear to be adaptations. There are a lot of dishes that either don't need gluten containing flours in the first place, or could very easily be adapted by a reasonably confident cook.

This, along with the fact that many of the recipes call for things like canned vegetables and sauces, makes me think that this book is aimed at novi
Jessica Fordice
Apr 30, 2012 Jessica Fordice rated it really liked it
Love this book! Most recipes work very well. Only draw-back for me was that it doesn't have any photos to go with her recipes, which are important to me. But that's a minor complaint. She uses several kinds of gluten free grains, not just the rice flour and starch combo, which is nice, however, I would say the majority of the recipes I have tried do call for her primary rice flour/starch blend. That does work better than most other grain combos I have tried too.
Beth
Aug 15, 2015 Beth rated it did not like it
womp womp. this book contains what might have been some decent celiac/gf info basics when it was published but is slightly out of date 11 yrs later. one thing that shouldn't be dated however are the recipes, most of which are not gf adaptations but rather naturally gf recipes. this book is mismarketed and mislabeled as far as I'm concerned.
Jan 25, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it
As an aspiring wheat-free person I was missing out on some old favorites until I found this book. We planned our entire X-mas dinner out of this cook book. (and we would have cooked it too had the whole lot of us not been sick) It was great for perusing before bed thinking about what to make the next day. A lot of ingredients but surprisingly not intimidating for this little to non-cooker.
Willowblue
Willowblue rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2014
Jodelene
Jodelene rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2012
Mike Dippel
Mike Dippel rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2014
Arleta
Jul 11, 2010 Arleta rated it liked it
Good recipes.
Kate Karl
Kate Karl rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2008
Darlene
Darlene rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Tr3n1ty
Tr3n1ty rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2012
Jennifer B Hatchett
Jennifer B Hatchett rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2016
Keely Moran
Keely Moran rated it really liked it
May 15, 2008
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2009
Lucy
Lucy rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2009
KrisAnn
KrisAnn rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2009
Alison
Alison rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Rebecca Loyd
Rebecca Loyd rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Tasha Ruegsegger
Tasha Ruegsegger rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2012
Chad
Chad rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2010
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
leticia campos
leticia campos rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2015
bibliophile04
bibliophile04 rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2009
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2013
Ava
Ava rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Catherine Buchan
Catherine Buchan rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Deborah Blair
Deborah Blair rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2013