Start by marking “Shattered Rose (Winsor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shattered Rose (Winsor, #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Shattered Rose (Winsor #1)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  2,626 Ratings  ·  235 Reviews
Librarian Note: Alternate Cover Edition for ISBN-10: 1482584352 / ISBN-13:9781482584356.

“For any girl who has struggled to love herself.” –T.L. Gray

Avery Nichols knows how to wear the mask. Perfect student, perfect daughter and perfect friend. Nobody would ever guess that inside, Avery is a prisoner to her own self loathing.

Then she meets him…and everything changes.

Hands
Published April 16th 2013 by CreateSpace (first published April 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Rose, please sign up.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Li xB by sb_zpsamwuwffk.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (10/14/2016)

Stand-alone book 1.

BLURB:

Then she meets him…and everything changes.

Handsome, charming and self assured, Jake Matthew sweeps Avery off her feet in an effortless fashion. Avery knows that Jake is everything she needs and all she has ever wanted.

She would destroy herself to be loved b
Tammy
Jul 10, 2014 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? This book is a labor of love. It's my debut novel and I hope you will love the story and characters as much as I do.

For more information about Shattered Rose, please visit my website at www.tlgray.com
Christie Hagerman
Unfortunately, this story is all too often truth instead of fiction, happening in the daily lives of girls who struggle to strike a balance between love and obsession, between healthy choices and dangerous fixations. I recognize so many people in the pages of the book, so many real faces that are caught up in the destructive cycle Avery faces.

In this way, the book becomes not only a great read that draws you in and makes you want to yell at the characters to make certain decisions, but it also
Kathy Locke
Jul 07, 2014 Kathy Locke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down! Thought I'd read one chapter before bed and now it is 4:30am!
I love the hope and struggle to find the hope! I loved the redemption of Christ and His unconditional love portrayed through Parker. I found myself encouraged and reminded of that unconditional love that I think most people struggle to grasp at some point in their life. What a realistic, beautiful portrayal of the perfectionistic performance mindset, the breakdown in meeting those performance standards and fidnin
Ashley
Jun 20, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, this book really hit home for me. I was raised in a Christian home and suffered from an eating disorder. I've had many counselors and struggled a lot through my high school life fighting to be what everyone else saw as perfect. It took me too long to realize that I'm love for who I am. I'm how happily married to a man who loves me no matter what I weigh and I have a beautiful baby girl. This book is one of so few that shine into the darkness of eating disorders and the struggles girls ...more
Rachel
Feb 04, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to be encouraged by characters that really show God's love towards one another
Shelves: 2016-favorites
Love, love, love this book so much! This is a beautifully written story about learning to love how God made you, trusting someone else with your fears and insecurities, and truly seeing what unconditional love really looks like!

Parker is just so amazing! It is truly encouraging that guys like Parker are in reality, genuine men of God, who want to honor Him in all relationships in life, including having morals when it comes to women!

For those that didn't know this is a full length novel.
Cas
Mar 29, 2015 Cas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Girls have so much pressure placed on them to be thin, look good and be popular.

Avery went to college with a warped self image her mom established early in her life. She always reminded her about her weight. Avery learned to eat and throw up which caused her shame and guilt. Her roommate had issues which caused her to drink which stemmed from her parents divorce. Jake was the roommates cousin and he had issues but was drawn to Avery, although he didn't want to be. He really controlled her emotio
Jamie Rhodes
Jun 23, 2014 Jamie Rhodes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes there are books whose words you just don't want to stop reading. I didn't want to do anything but keep reading to see where this book was going next. I was gripped by this book. This is a love triangle book (or to me it is). In one corner we have Avery. Avery is fighting self loathing issues. She has a problem with eating and purging. This is a central theme throughout the book. She keeps this a secret from everyone. In another corner we have Jake. Jake is your typical bad boy who has ...more
Salyna
This book was a very good read and I enjoyed it a lot. However, even though it is Christian and has a good ending it was a very emotional read. It also had a ton of adult content. I would not recommend this book to anybody under age 17, but that's my opinion. Some reasons I say this are because their is: sex before marriage, underage drinking, partying, and an eating disorder in the book. It used the word "Hell" in the book as a swear word a few times which might also bother some people. I'm not ...more
Michelle
I can't remember the last time I read a book from start to finish in one day. And this book was over 400 pages long. It came in the mail today and I opened it and said to myself that I'd just read a few pages. Well I just finished and it was so good it is making my favorite fiction list. I started to get choked up a number of times when Avery thought about how much she hated herself and yet God sent someone into her life to show her His unconditional love for her. It was beautiful.

The crazy rela
Nikki May
Nov 20, 2015 Nikki May rated it really liked it
Wow it's was so purely written it was amazing at times and so touching, this book was about a journey that we shared with the main character Avery, her ups and her downs, her trials and tribulations, love and pain. It showed almost every emotion to us as a reader and it made us feel exactly what the character felt and just as a reader I know that's amazing that a writer can get it so right. I loved this story it had so many hidden and out there messages within in and well it made it so deep, I ...more
Dawn Turner
This book started off slow for me, but once I got past about the first third, it really picked up. By the time I hit the last third, I couldn't put it down and found myself emotionally sucked in. The author handles the issue of bulimia very well, putting the reader right into the mind of a victim of this dreadful disorder and the choices that often lay behind it. I wanted to shake Avery as often as I wanted to hug her and tell her it would be all right. There were some editing issues, but ...more
Lacey
Jul 06, 2015 Lacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book hit home. While I didn't deal with all the same problems that Avery did I could see the way I used to live my life and all the denial and numbing out I was doing. I just wish I'd found books like this sooner. It was a very therapeutic read, and entertaining as well. This is definitely a book I'll be putting on my shelf so it's available for my future kids to pick up if they happen to love reading as much as I do.
Silver Passion
Mar 22, 2015 Silver Passion rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hope within

When I first started to read this book I did not expect this. I was excited to read it. Women struggle so much with self image. Seeking approval from others instead of within. A true message of hope lies within. In the darkness, light shall come. Beautifully written Tammy, even though Avery was starting to on my nerves, and a good way to reach souls.
Lynsey Jones
Mar 18, 2015 Lynsey Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For those who struggle

This book is a great find for girls that have struggled with self image. They can find they are not alone. That they don't need to feel like it's ok for others to walk on them. She struggles through most the book. I think that she gets over it to easy but it will help young girls see that there are ways and that they should be themself.
Holly Scardina
Apr 26, 2015 Holly Scardina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clean-romance
I love her books. She knows how to weave a story well. Lots of twist and turns I was not expecting. Finished this book in one day, I was sucked in! This is the first story in a trilogy that will have you screaming and crying and laughing at the same time.
Kayla
Nov 10, 2013 Kayla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a good book, I couldn't put it down. It was a very real and raw story that resonated with many struggles I went through in college. I think every parent of a teenage girl and every teenage girl should read this.
Dana Orcutt
Nov 15, 2015 Dana Orcutt rated it really liked it
Not your typical love story! Real life problems of a disorder, self-esteem and finding love for yourself
Patricia Fuller
Avery was too nice. The story had too much pain, too much drinking, too much confusion, too much hurting people. At least she finally found God!
Delia Sandford
Aug 13, 2015 Delia Sandford rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book going to read book two x
Lori
Feb 09, 2015 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is a great book for any girl struggling with self worth.
Jason Faucon
Oct 30, 2016 Jason Faucon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not what I expected-it was better!!

I thought this was going to be a "typical" romance. I didn't understand why each chapter started with a Bible Verse, however as I got further in it made competed sense! The portrayal of Avery and her insecurities, how they consumed her life was heart wrenching to read. But with the help of Parker and the Lord, she found herself and began to love herself, which is the hardest thing to do for anyone. I laughed through this book, cried through this book, yelled at
Tommie Morris
Nov 07, 2016 Tommie Morris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Windsor Series

Very entertaining story... a different twist as the story progresses?.. more for a person a little younger than an old one like me!! Really an intense understanding of several different situations pertaining to college age problems, involving everything from bulimia to religion.... really an interesting story.....
Kristina Denton
Oct 21, 2016 Kristina Denton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read.

I loved this book. It kept me interested. As someone who struggles with spirituality this book really caught my attention. The author also did a fantastic job balancing out the religious aspects. For those who don't have steady beliefs or are believers of different religions it still very easy to enjoy and get into this book.
Karlie
Nov 21, 2016 Karlie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

I absolutely loved the characters and how unique the author made each one of them. As a 16 year old Christian girl, my values are just like Parkers! This book was huge eye opener to me and a great reminder of what I believe in. I totally recommend teen girls or even guys should definitely read this book!
Car
Nov 07, 2016 Car rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was amazed by the things that the main character went through, especially with her disorder. I can't imagine going through that, no matter how insecure she was. I'm glad she was able to learn lessons along the way as well.
Suze
Oct 24, 2016 Suze rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
SHATTERED ROSE

There is a good message with this book, but to me it rambled on and on for many more pages than needed.
Syiata Frazier
Nov 25, 2016 Syiata Frazier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Capturing

I loved the fact that it captured me from beginning to end. The book had me eagerly awaiting to read even when I fell asleep after reading it for hours.
Denise Hernandez
Accidentally downloaded this book and now by far one of my favorites. Really looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Lisa
Nov 17, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading the story of Jake and Naomi, which

I truly enjoyed, I had to read the other books in the series. Excellent read. Definitely recommend this to others.
Fans of Christian...: Free Kindle Book 14 83 Feb 28, 2014 12:55AM
Christian Fiction: New Contemporary Christian Romance 3 14 May 14, 2013 09:15AM
Fans of Christian...: Giveaway open until June 1st 1 21 May 06, 2013 08:38AM
  • Surrendered Hearts
  • Sell Out
  • All She Wanted (Letting Go, #2)
  • Chasing Charlie
  • How Sweet It Is
  • Love, Kinsey
  • Kicking Eternity (New Smyrna Beach #3)
  • Sway
  • Beautiful Bandit (Lone Star Legends, #1)
  • A Rose Blooms Twice (A Prairie Heritage #1)
  • This Very Moment
  •  Deep in the Heart
  • Above Rubies (Rockland Ranch, #2)
  • Forget Me Not (The Heart's Spring, #1)
  • Ekaterina (Heirs of Anton, #1)
  • Chop, Chop (Chop, Chop, #1)
  • Waiting for Grace
  • Accidentally Yours

Winsor (3 books)
  • Shackled Lily (Winsor, #2)
  • Splintered Oak (Winsor, #3)

“He pulled out the ring, a small round diamond on a delicate gold band, and placed it on my finger. The students who had witnessed our display began to clap as Parker swung me around and kissed me, his enthusiasm apparent to everyone around us. “I love you,” he said with a grin, staring deep into my eyes. “With everything I am.” “I love you, too,” I whispered back.” 2 likes
“Avery, I found this picture the other day after our talk and knew I had to get it for you. I know sometimes you wonder why I feel the way I do about you, when you are still learning to love yourself. You said you were flawed and damaged, but, my love, we all are. The storms in your life don’t make you less than perfect; they make you beautiful and full of character, with the ability to use all you’ve learned to impact the rest of the world. I’ve been wishing for months there was a way you could see yourself through my eyes. Well, here it is. This is how I see you, and the rain has only made you more breathtaking. All my love, Parker” 2 likes