Start by marking “Writing From Life: For Women With Stories To Tell” as Want to Read:
Writing From Life: For Women With Stories To Tell

Writing From Life: For Women With Stories To Tell

Susan Wittig Albert, award-winning, bestselling author and memoirist, on the importance of women’s stories:
“Women’s stories must be told, so that the women who come after us will know how it really was, so that they know that their mothers and grandmothers and great-grandmothers are more than just the characters in men’s tales, that we are dimensional, intentional beings
Published January 9th 2014 by Persevero Press (first published January 13th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Writing From Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Writing From Life

Amy
Dec 30, 2012 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
I wish I had liked this book more than I did. It's a step-by-step program to write one's own autobiography, aimed at mature women, and focusing by chapter on different aspects of life. I think where it failed for me is that it is very prescriptive, and I've about had it with step-by-step formulaic programs for doing things. It's also dated, in that it predates the digital era; all this is done daily by bloggers with images, links, etc. so the process of chronicling one's life is much more common ...more
Olga
The goodreads description of this book is very accurate, so read it to see whether this is something you are looking for right now. Right now I am reading through it without doing the exercises, but I think I would like to do them one day.

It's a very good book and I like it. It has a wonderful collection of quotes on the margins -- almost worth it to get the book just for the quotes!

The only really annoying thing right now is the idea of including family in the list of soul mates almost by defa
Karen
Jul 11, 2008 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started reading/writing from this book as a library loan, but had to get my own copy because it is one of those books that helps me do the writing I want to do. But, it will take me years to go through the exercises. I love the format she outlines for writing your own life story.
Chris Babcock
Jan 28, 2011 Chris Babcock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational. Susan writes a description of her journey to the author she ahs become. I keep rereading it to remind myself to keep traveling down the road I want to go down, even when it seems to be going nowhere.
Kim j
Feb 25, 2012 Kim j rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wittig-albert
This is such a fantastic way to write about yourself.without feeling cocky! I love to journal & this has helped me focus on things I never thought to put in writing. I think everyone ahould do this. Thanks!
Kathy
May 03, 2013 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am re-reading this book as a continual inspiration to find my own writing path. This is a great book for anyone who wants to write about their life as a way to inspire others as you share your journey.
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Linda Buzard-Moffitt marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Mary Jo Doig
Mary Jo Doig rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Michelle Dettmann
Michelle Dettmann marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Huldie
Huldie marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Denise Dupree
Denise Dupree marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Amanda Jones
Amanda Jones marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
skw
skw marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Patricia Stover Hobbs
Patricia Stover Hobbs marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Amy Robertson
Amy Robertson marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Jenny's Book Life
Jenny's Book Life marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Emily Savino
Emily Savino is currently reading it
Feb 03, 2016
Amy Linquist
Amy Linquist marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Sharon Stafford
Sharon Stafford marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Bonnye Reed
Bonnye Reed marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
June
June marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2015
Lisagarden
Lisagarden marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Debra Hostetler
Debra Hostetler marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
20828
Susan is the author/co-author of biographical/historical fiction, mysteries, and nonfiction.

LOVING ELEANOR: A novel about the intimate 30-year friendship of Eleanor Roosevelt and Lorena Hickok, based on their letters

A WILDER ROSE: the true story of Rose Wilder Lane, who transformed her mother from a farm wife and occasional writer to a literary icon

BLOOD ORANGE,#24 in the China Bayles series

THE DA
More about Susan Wittig Albert...