Eros Island

Eros Island

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Centaur Heart by Lucinda Betts In a sacred glade in ancient Greece stands Chiron, a godlike man who radiates sexual power. The Princess Akantha is spellbound--and consumed with desire for him. Chiron is tall and muscular with otherworldly eyes and a mane of hair that gleams like polished bronze. But is he truly a man. . .or a centaur? Akantha is about to be swept away for...more
Published February 1st 2008 by Aphrodisia (first published January 1st 2008)

Sharon
Ok, I've had this book forever and finally got around to picking it up after checking readers review ratings. A lot of people thought it was HOT HOT HOT. (I should lend them my reading glasses.) I posted the following review on Amazon and wouldn't be surprised if it gets boo'd off...(well I did tone it down some)

************ SPOILER ALERT **************

3 short novellas, rating each separately I've averaged the book a solid 2 star rating.

1. CENTAUR HEART by Lucinda Betts - 3 Stars and the best o...more
Leeanne Grant
Jul 07, 2008 Leeanne Grant rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: paranormal readers hot like hot romance
I wanted to read this book because it has a story by Dawn Thompson in it. But found all three stories strongly written. Very different styles, but each amazingly talented authors. Thompson was 'The Dream Well'. I really enjoyed this because it made me think of the Clootie Wells in Britain. The lore was strong, the story hot, yet with a wonderful plot, and Thompson's usual twist you don't see coming.

Devyn Quinn's story was 'Thunderstruck'. She is a new author for me, but I will be buying more af...more
Angela
Honestly I don't really take the time to write about the books I read but I felt I needed to say what was on my mind for the future readers...

Story 1 - The concept was ok but I never got into character with either of the main ones and I never saw the "love" build up with each other so to say I liked the story would be exaggerating... don't get me wrong I've read a book from Lucinda Betts already (which was great) and that's what lead me to this book but I was disappointed.

Story 2 - Let me begin...more
Eros Island is a collection of 3 different Erotic stories.

The first tells the story of a Princess who is rescued from an evil King by a very sexy Centaur who can change at will from Centaur to Man. Together, they must defeat the evil King.
*Wasn't too impressed with this story, it seemed rushed compared to the others.

The second story tells about a shipwrecked warrior who is taken captive by a Goddess. But who is the strange little Selkie the Goddess dislikes so much and why are they being kept se...more
Karine
This novel in turn contains 3 short stories about creatures that may or may not exist. The last story of my favourite out of three of them.
A good start, but I felt as if the book became disappointing as I went. Loved the first story and would like to see more. The second was slightly less captivating, though imaginative and well drawn from fairy legend. The last had me putting down the book often and having no urge to continue other than to finish; it wasn't bad, just OK.
Adriana Bookologist
EROS ISLAND

Thunderstruck by Devyn Quinn
3 Stars-I enjoyed this short story.

Centaur Heart by Lucinda Betts
1 Star-I didn’t like this short story.

The Dream Well by Dawn Thompson
1 Star-I didn’t like this short story.
Brianna
it was okay. it wasn't great or anything. I think the best story is the last one by Devyn Quinn
Yams

3 stories of erotic mythical scale was better than I imagined. I thought the writers would give skimpy penance to the very real mythical origins but I was drawn in by their authentic descriptions. At least for the first two stories. The third story was of a contemporary sculpture artist who creates a larger than life Greek God. I think if you enjoy a trip back to Athens and Celtic underworld, with all the drama, hot romanceand linguistic flourishes to envelop your senses, you will appreciate th...more
Puna
Puna added it
Apr 17, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
2readmore
2readmore marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Lisa Smith
Lisa Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Booklover baker
Booklover baker marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Savina
Savina marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Chris
Chris added it
Jan 24, 2013
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2013
Kerry Officer
Kerry Officer marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2012
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2012
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012
Monika Mckay
Monika Mckay marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2012
ButterflyƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ S
ButterflyƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ S marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2012