Start by marking “Maurice Sendak's Really Rosie Audio: Maurice Sendak's Really Rosie Audio” as Want to Read:
Maurice Sendak's Really Rosie Audio: Maurice Sendak's Really Rosie Audio

Maurice Sendak's Really Rosie Audio: Maurice Sendak's Really Rosie Audio (Nutshell Library)

4.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  237 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Selected by "Publishers Weekly"
as an "audio essential" for children
Recommended by "School Library Journal"Contents

The Ballad of Chicken Soup
The Awful Truth
Very Far Away
Avenue P
Chicken Soup With Rice(BOOK COPY)' This sturdily bound paperback contains the script of
Audio, 0 pages
Published May 3rd 1989 by Harper Children's Audio (first published December 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Maurice Sendak's Really Rosie Audio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maurice Sendak's Really Rosie Audio

Beth
Mar 15, 2010 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I grew up reading this and watching the movie. The quality of the movie was bad, but the songs stuck in your head. I still sing "A Alligators all around" to my kids. It was a wonderful way to remember the alphabet, counting, the months on the calendar, and learning lessons. I would highly recommend to anyone teaching their kids the basics. And it's all around fun too.
Nancy
Feb 23, 2016 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's actually been decades for me with this book. I can sing almost all of it, and my favorite song/story is "Chicken Soup with Rice."
Leanne
Mar 01, 2015 Leanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Played Rosie in my second grade play! I will always love this book! Plus, Rosie is a sassy little thing... What's not to love?
Ashley
Nov 12, 2010 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Loved sharing some favorite (Maurice Sendak) songs from my youth with Caius and Sophia! "One was Johnny" (I'll start to count backwards, and when I am through, if this house isn't empty, I'll eat all of you!), "Pierre" (The moral of Pierre is, CARE!), "Chicken Soup with Rice" (In November's gusty gale I will flop my flippy tail and spout hot soup-I'll be a whale! Spouting once, spouting twice, spouting chicken soup with rice.), and "Alligators All Around" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3DRUJ.. ...more
Dominick
Meh. The text, plus music, for a stage adaptation of some of Sendak's work. The linking narrativ eis thin, and the content of the Nutshell Library books (One Was Johnny, Alligators All Around, Chicken Soup with Rice, and Pierre), divorced from their original illustrations, lose much of their charm. there is new Sendak art to accompany the script, but the power of the originlas is muted.
Misha
Apr 27, 2010 Misha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood
Okay, so this is really a rating for the TV special, which I remember from my childhood with a fondness matched only by my love for "The Monster at the End of This Book." Pierre getting eaten by the lion remains one of those things that inspires a visceral sort of creepiness just under the skin, while "Alligators All Around" is pure whimsical fun.
Kelly
Aug 14, 2007 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrenslit
It's not so much the book I ended up loving so much as the record that accompanied it. My mom let me check it out from the library until I wore it out and then she finally taped it for me so I could sing "Eating Chicken Soup With Rice" and "One Was Johnny" and "Pierre".

To this day I still know all the words.
Neko
Nov 24, 2007 Neko rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: childrden, musical lovers, and anyone young at heart
I simply adore Really Rosie. It was an ingeral part of why I learned to read as a child. I didn't want to have to wait for my parents to read it to me or for someone to put in the tape so I put forth more effort to read. I love this book and the audio taoe-I still rtemember word for word to the is very day lol
 Linda (Miss Greedybooks)
I love this collection - Carol King sings wonderful versions of Maurice Sendek poems! I need this on DVD since my VHS tape does me little good with no player in the house anymore. I'm Really Rosie, One was Johnnie, Chicken Soup with Rice, Alligators All Around. What joyous songs! Sendek Art! Amazing!
Kate
Mar 04, 2008 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Saw this as a play, first. Then I saw the animated version. I long Sendak, and the way he presents common thoughts of children through his books.
Lia
Nov 06, 2008 Lia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, the Nutshell kids. No childhood is complete without them. And be sure to hear Carol King sing them.
The Library Lady
Sep 25, 2007 The Library Lady rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-classics
Combine the stories from "The Nutshell Library" with music by Carole King and you have sheer magic.
Maria DeLuca
Jan 10, 2008 Maria DeLuca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a cartoon musical that Carole King and Sendak did together.
It's freakin awesome.
Amber
Jan 04, 2009 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic Book! I remember it from my childhood... and now my kids are addicted :-)
Yvonne
May 14, 2013 Yvonne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I watched the video.
This is a great children's short film.
Great music by Carol King.
Ledawn
Jan 30, 2009 Ledawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
I'm a sucker for Carole King.
Jessica
Dec 07, 2008 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrensbooks
Very imaginative.
Lynn
Lynn rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
MM K
MM K rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Tina
Tina added it
Feb 28, 2016
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Lara
Lara added it
Jan 25, 2016
Emily
Emily added it
Mar 11, 2016
Pat Gately
Pat Gately rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
danielrosario
danielrosario rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
  • The Beast of Monsieur Racine
  • What Do You Do, Dear?
  • The World of Peter Rabbit (Original Peter Rabbit, Books 1-23)
  • I Saw Esau: The Schoolchild's Pocket Book
  • Swine Lake
  • The Island of the Skog
  • No Fighting, No Biting!
  • Ben's Dream
  • Dinosaur Bob and His Adventures with the Family Lazardo
  • Dear Mili
  • A Letter to Amy
  • The Gunniwolf
  • You Read to Me, I'll Read to You
  • Never Talk to Strangers (Family Storytime)
  • Charlie Needs a Cloak
  • Let's Be Enemies
  • The Bee-Man of Orn
  • Max Makes a Million
Maurice Bernard Sendak is an American writer and illustrator of children's literature who is best known for his book Where the Wild Things Are, published in 1963. An elementary school (from kindergarten to grade five) in North Hollywood, California is named in his honor.

Sendak was born in Brooklyn, New York, to Polish-Jewish immigrant parents, and decided to become an illustrator after viewing Wal
More about Maurice Sendak...

Nutshell Library (4 books)
  • Pierre: A Cautionary Tale in Five Chapters and a Prologue