Start by marking “Use Both Sides of Your Brain” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Use Both Sides of Your...
Tony Buzan

Use Both Sides of Your Brain

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  218 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Using the latest research on the workings of the human brain, Tony Buzan, one of the world's leading authorities on learning techniques, provides step-by-step exercises for discovering the powers of the right side of the brain and learning to use the left side more effectively. By increasing our understanding of how the mind works, he teaches us:

How to read faster and m
Published April 27th 1983 by Plume (first published September 20th 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Use Both Sides of Your Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Use Both Sides of Your Brain

Excellent Mind Mapping and study techniques. I wish I had read this book during high school.
Dec 29, 2008 Viraj rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who want to learn about how to use the brain more / better and utilize potential one has
Shelves: self-help
Overall: The book tries successfully to prove the points it is trying to make by giving examples and making the reader take exercises before introducing a technique and on the same / similar example/exercise after showing the technique. The techniques introduced work well. The MindMap technique, if applied, should help one remember more stuff for longer time. The speed reading technique also should help. However, the practice is necessary to get the full use of the book. The technique to review ...more
Brendan Hall
Interesting look at how the brain operates.
Bruce Gumbert
very good book on mind mapping
Awesome and practical. Great for young teenagers. It has helped me to be a better student. The thoughts on memory are particularly insightful. I have tried to implement its principles throughout high school and college and feel like they have been very helpful.
Incredible book on learning and how the mind works. I've found the exercises incredibly beneficial to reading faster, acquiring and maintaining knowledge and making learning an adventure. A true value for any human that wants to use their brain more effectively.
This is a great introduction to Tony Buzan and his techniques. From this book of introductions I am getting other books to find out more about specific topics.

The Mind Map Book and Speed Reading are the two books I have purchased based on reading this.
Good overview of Buzan, pretty high level. Introduces mind maps, number rhyme memory system, education hasn't been a good fit for kids brains, methods for studying and learning, when to review
Jason Chiang
Really interesting read. Although I don't use the techniques literally, the book has influenced me to change how I structure my note taking and how I process information.
Feb 09, 2008 Carl rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: success leaves clues
Shelves: psych-sociology
Old book. But briliant. About how to harness your god given talent for relating ideas. Lays out how to remember everything from names to ideas.

Great book. Loved the advice it gave. Especially liked the advice it gave on reading. It's advice on mind mapping was a bit confusing, but if reviewed makes sense.
This book was not as good as I hoped it would be. I was hoping for step-by-step instructions on mind mapping. It was a VERY dry read.
Jim George
The principals are strong, I'm still having problems just using one side.
Frank Pentimone
This should be a book kids have to read in the beginning of the school year
Great for learning to learn and using study skills. I liked it.
Maybe your brain has to be in the right place for this sort of thing.
Jack Chipperfield
Useful-mind mapping technique good for taking and transcribing notes
gud,memory map techniques gives best solution to memorize problems
keren.. cara baru yg efektif untuk make otak :)
I found this very helpful.
Gives some of the best ways to use your whole brain and mind mapping techniques.
Jared marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Akif Mansoor
Akif Mansoor marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Chinedu Ume
Chinedu Ume marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Jay Saucedo
Jay Saucedo marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Ross Forry
Ross Forry marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Keith Beck
Keith Beck marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Shellie Woods
Shellie Woods marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
  • de Bono's Thinking Course
  • Girlfriends: Invisible Bonds, Enduring Ties
  • Mind Set!: Reset Your Thinking and See the Future
  • Change the Way You See Everything through Asset-Based Thinking
  • A Whack on the Side of the Head: How You Can Be More Creative
  • A Simpler Way
  • Mind Performance Hacks: Tips & Tools for Overclocking Your Brain
  • Visual Leaders: New Tools for Visioning, Management, and Organization Change: New Tools for Visioning, Management, and Organizational Change
  • The Good Heart: A Buddhist Perspective on the Teachings of Jesus
  • How You Stand, How You Move, How You Live: Learning the Alexander Technique to Explore Your Mind-Body Connection and Achieve Self-Mastery
  • Photoreading
  • Armed and Dangerous: A Writer's Guide to Weapons
  • Open Your Mind to Prosperity
  • Think Better: An Innovator's Guide to Productive Thinking
  • The Case For Make Believe: Saving Play in a Commercialized World
  • How to Disappear Completely and Never Be Found
  • The Evelyn Wood Seven-Day Speed Reading and Learning Program
  • Drawing: A Creative Process
Tony Buzan is an author and educational consultant. He is a proponent of the techniques of Mind Mapping and mental literacy. He has worked with: corporate entities and businesses all over the world; academics; Olympic athletes; children of all ages; governments; and high profile individuals, in teaching them how to maximize the use of their brain power.

Buzan was born in London, is an alumnus of Ki
More about Tony Buzan...
The Mind Map Book: How to Use Radiant Thinking to Maximize Your Brain's Untapped Potential The Speed Reading Book (Mind Set) Use Your Head How to Mind Map: The Ultimate Thinking Tool That Will Change Your Life The Ultimate Book of Mind Maps