Start by marking “La Seductora: Saga Montgomery (Book 5) ” as Want to Read:
La Seductora: Saga Montgomery (Book 5)

La Seductora: Saga Montgomery (Book 5) (Montgomery/Taggert #3)

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  3,228 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
1896. Con el ardoroso espíritu de una verdadera Montgomery, la heredera Christiana Montgomery Mathison desafía con valor a los dos hombres que la secuestran. Obligada a viajar por los primitivos bosques del territorio de Washington, se ve envuelta en una emocionante aventura. Entre conspiraciones de codicia e intrigas, la audaz belleza se resiste a los asedios de uno de su ...more
Published September 28th 2006 by Ediciones B (first published August 1986)

To ask other readers questions about La Seductora, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Seductora

Kelly
I am going to write the same thing for the Taggart and Montgomery series of Jude Deveraux. First, I can't believe that I read these books because they are so blatantly bodice rippers (not my style at all). And second, and more importantly, I devoured them all! Here is the scoop: We stopped at a friend's house in Tennessee on the last leg of one of our cross country trips about 11 years ago and I had run out of books. She gave me three of Deveraux's books in the Montgomery series and I kindly too ...more
Mariana
This is the third book I have read by this author, all in this series. While it is odd that each book takes place hundreds of years after its predecessor, her characters are not so surprising.

The hero is always an asshole, not like the typical rake; but a real full-of-himself manwhore. He's always been hurt in the past and has a hard time with love, so he just doesn't. Ever. He treats his mate like an object.

The heroine is much more likeable. She is not always the prettiest, but she is physicall
Farah
Apr 06, 2014 Farah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books, grandma-era
The characters had no flavor and they were sorta of annoying too. Chris was like a spoiled child .. throwing tantrums all over the place .. nagging and crying .. she didn't act like the mature woman we were told she was. Tynan wasn't interesting and I got real sick of hearing his excuses .. the plot was alright but the characters just made the whole thing too unbelievable and boring.
Carey
Oct 03, 2016 Carey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/4 Stars...I enjoyed most of this book...until the "ending"! It's worth reading, in my opinion, even though some parts either didn't seem at all realistic or were left being only half told!! I really wish there was an epilogue!!! The end of this book felt rushed, like it had to be told within 1 page! It was a fast ending & that kind of ruined the book!! The ending is supposed to bring everything together & this ending...kinda sucked! (Sorry, but it did!!) The beginning part where Chri ...more
valee
I loved her first 4 books about the Montgomery brothers. This installment in the series was very different from the previous 4.

First of all, everything develops several years after those first four books, maybe even centuries. So all that typical characteristics about the men of those times were not present in the hero of this book. I know it's weird because sometimes I thought they were too sexists and chauvinists, but the heroes in those books were also very different from the other men of th
Kimberly
A curious news reporter Christina Montgomery lived in the late 18th century when women didn't have many choices except marry. At 28 she had a life of travel and adventure. Her father sent two men to bring her home. The one she fell in love with Tyson, an orphaned gunslinger who grew up in great poverty in a whorehouse. A beautiful man who tried to resist Chris because she was a good girl. As he and Prescott, the good guy, Chris thinks her father sent Chris home as one adventure after another occ ...more
Maria Sanigan
Jun 05, 2013 Maria Sanigan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is indeed very fun to read and I will definitely recommend this to those who are finding a light-read novel. Full of action, adventure, passion, and romance is simply the best combination of genres a book could ever had. It just kept your heart pounding out of your throat so much. This was the book I read the fastest for I just can't put it down! It really is an amazing journey I felt coming through the story while reading it heartily.

I think what worked for me was when the both of them knew
Lisarenee
Mar 30, 2011 Lisarenee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read about an heiress whose father decides she needs to get married as she's 28. Living independently as a popular journalist bent on the righting of wrongs Christiana finds herself being kidnapped by two men her father has chosen. One to protect her and the other he hopes she'll marry. Set in wild west.
Karina Kozubik
Es la primer novela que leì, y la que me hizo enamorarme de la lectura. Es una historia muy linda, con mucha aventura y un poco pesada de leer. Pero si hoy en día puedo recitarla de memoria, vale la pena leerlo.
Charlene Vertefeuille
I have read this bookmany times, always wonderful...action packed. Bad boy really trying to be good in love with the good girl but won't admit it story. Love Jude Devereux.
Jeanie Rex
May 31, 2015 Jeanie Rex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review

Hate to say it, but these books are never long enough for me. I want more to happen. Guess I'll go read the next in this series.
Christy
Mar 18, 2014 Christy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed. I read several Jude Deveraux books around 18 years ago and I had fond memories of them. This didn't live up to those memories. I'm not sure if it's me or the book.
Sharon
Mar 25, 2015 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four stars, not because it's an outstanding novel but because I get so much pleasure out of reading her books! She brings a smile to my face and a lightness to my heart. Good story, great author.
StrangeBedfellows
Dec 10, 2012 StrangeBedfellows rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
An utterly stupid book.
Karen Hogan
Mar 14, 2012 Karen Hogan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Read this frontier romance back in 2002. Thumbs down to this most contrived romance ever written. Couldnt bear to finish it, and I usually loved Jude Devereux's romances.
Blodeuedd Finland
Another one for the translations suck pile. I just, omg, the first page was so bad.
Diane Briones™
This book kept me going. The story starts out pretty interesting. I found myself wanting to get back to the book as quickly as possible when I had to leave it. I liked both of the main characters. I really liked that the hero was so masculine and heroic.

There were some good twists, but the "obstacles" that kept the main characters apart got a little tedious after awhile. Overall, a good read if you are looking for something mindless and fun.. --- Diane ™
Dawn
The Temptress
by Jude Deveraux

Christiana Montgomery Mathison, a.k.a. Nola Dallas, is 28 years old and has a history of finding herself caught up in dangerous situations. She left home at 18 to become a newspaper reporter and has now gained a reputation as a courageous, albeit foolhardy, woman who is out to save the world. She has written articles exposing the Mexican government, spending days and nights in the company of Mexican guards before talking a guard into unlocking her cell; she has infil
Christine
Jun 26, 2012 Christine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Christiana is a newspaper reporter in the late 1800's, at a time when women didn't have careers, least of all careers putting them in so much danger. Tyman is the man hired by her wealthy father to guide her through the rainforests of Washington State and back hope, Along the way, she's supposed to fall in love with Asher Prescott, a man of her own class who is after her father's money.

Well, of course, she's going to fall for the handsome Tyman. Who wouldn't? He's dark, handsome, capable, and he
Cindy
Jul 08, 2016 Cindy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Old school romance published in 1986. My copy is from that year. This is a reread for me, but I can tell you that I've only read it 3 times (including yesterday). I couldn't even remember the plot (before the last read). That's because it's so convoluted. This is Montgomery/Taggert #3. The Heroine's mom was a Montgomery.

This is a zany story set in the late 1800s (I think). Chris is need'in rescuing from her appalling job as a reporter. She needs to settle down & start popping out babies. He
Heike
Feb 12, 2015 Heike rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Jude Deveraux must have had a bad day when she wrote this ...

This book was plain weird. I've read all but three or four of Jude Deveraux' books, some of them are quite cheesy, some a bit over the top, but most of them are romantic page turners and all made me stay with the characters until their last embrace *sigh*

THIS book, though, "The Temptress", is the first one I quit reading after 45 pages. I was trying to forgive the really unbelievable beginning (he jumps out of the wardrobe, grabs her n
Sol González
Sep 03, 2016 Sol González rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2007
Otra de las pocas protagonitas Montgomery, Christiana es una mujer audaz para su época. Periodista y aventurera, su padre teme por su vida en mil ocasiones y al principio de este libro hace raptarla para llevarla a casa. Los raptores son dos varones completamente distintos entre sí: el primero un caballero, de aquellos que ella cree su padre aprobaría como marido, y el segundo un aventurero, mucho mas parecido a la personalidad de ella.

Ella comienza a enamorarse de Tynan, aún cuando él le advier
Jen
Oct 24, 2014 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-chic-lit
Chris Math is on is a famous writer who deliberately gets herself in trouble so she can write about it. When her father decides its time for her to come home, he sends two men to get her. Asher Prescott is the man that is chosen to be her husband and Tynan is the gunslinger her father got out of prison to escort them home. Chris never does anything she's supposed to so instead of falling in love with Asher, its Tynan who captures her heart. In an intriguing mix of humor and action, Chris sets ou ...more
Lee
Sep 26, 2016 Lee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I struggled with this book in the beginning because it was just too easy and held no interest for me. But I always vow never to close a book until I finish it entirely just to be fair to the author. It had a lot of Western action and the "old man" was honestly my favorite character as crazy as he was. Asher I thought would have changed for the better with all he went thru to rescue Chris but it might as well have never happened because he ended up the same weasel he was in the beginning of the b ...more
Sami C
When I was a little fourteen-year-old in high school, one of my classmates showed me the collection of Jude Deveraux novels in the library. Why books like these are available to teenagers in a Catholic school is beyond me, but I borrowed them one by one. This book, The Temptress, is the only one that I can remember reading. Maybe it is the heartfelt adventures of Christian and Tynan that stood out to me, or the love scenes were especially steamy. I don't know. But I liked this book the best--obv ...more
Diane
Sep 22, 2009 Diane rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A good historical, fictional romance novel. The author was able to make the characters come alive in her descriptions; however, I wasn't quite sure of how "real" the main characters--Tynan and Christiana--could've been. I guess that's what ficitional stories are all about--creating what could never be in the real world.

I was a little afraid that it wasn't going to end well, and I'm glad that the author found a way to bring things around.
Melissa
This was an exciting book and I loved the setting in the Washington rain forest with beautiful descriptions. Other parts take place in a western setting with cowboys and outlaws. Chris sure gets up to her fair share of trouble but it sure keeps things interesting. Lots of plot twists and some good steamy romance. A really great book worth reading.
Christina Strause-stalkfleet
Heiress and newspaper reporter Christiana Montgomery Mathison suddenly finds herself abducted by two men. One of the men is trying to gain Christiana's affection while the other resists the temptation of her attention
Neringa Neringiukas
I love this book. This is that book which hooked me in this world. Made be obsessive reader. I don't remember how many times I read it. More then 10 it's for sure. Oh, old good times. It making me wish to go into this story again.

You need to read this. You will love it.
Tatrd
Apr 11, 2011 Tatrd rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-hb
Christiana MAthison aka Nola Dallas & Tynan

She's a reporter whos dad just wants her to settle down so he hires a gunslinger and a "pretty boy" to escort her home but they get in loads of trouble along the way.
  • Devil's Daughter (Devil, #2)
  • Glorious Angel (Southern, #1)
  • Kid Calhoun
  • Bitterleaf
  • Beguiled (Clan Mackenzie, #4)
  • Springwater Seasons (Springwater, #2-5)
  • The Desert Virgin (Presents) (Knight Brothers, #1)
  • This Time Forever
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo
More about Jude Deveraux...

Montgomery/Taggert (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • The Black Lyon (Montgomery/Taggert, #1)
  • The Duchess (Montgomery/Taggert, #2)
  • The Raider (Montgomery/Taggert, #4)
  • Mountain Laurel (Montgomery/Taggert, #5)
  • Sweet Liar (Montgomery/Taggert, #6)
  • Wishes (Montgomery/Taggert, #7)
  • The Princess (Montgomery/Taggert, #8)
  • Eternity (Montgomery/Taggert, #9)
  • Someone to Love (Montgomery/Taggert, #10)
  • The Heiress (Montgomery/Taggart, #11)