Start by marking “La Seductora: Saga Montgomery (Book 5) ” as Want to Read:
La Seductora: Saga Montgomery (Book 5)

La Seductora: Saga Montgomery (Book 5) (Montgomery/Taggert #3)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  2,643 ratings  ·  37 reviews
1896. Con el ardoroso espíritu de una verdadera Montgomery, la heredera Christiana Montgomery Mathison desafía con valor a los dos hombres que la secuestran. Obligada a viajar por los primitivos bosques del territorio de Washington, se ve envuelta en una emocionante aventura. Entre conspiraciones de codicia e intrigas, la audaz belleza se resiste a los asedios de uno de su ...more
Published September 28th 2006 by Ediciones B (first published August 1986)

To ask other readers questions about La Seductora, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Seductora

valee
I loved her first 4 books about the Montgomery brothers. This installment in the series was very different from the previous 4.

First of all, everything develops several years after those first four books, maybe even centuries. So all that typical characteristics about the men of those times were not present in the hero of this book. I know it's weird because sometimes I thought they were too sexists and chauvinists, but the heroes in those books were also very different from the other men of th
Kelly
I am going to write the same thing for the Taggart and Montgomery series of Jude Deveraux. First, I can't believe that I read these books because they are so blatantly bodice rippers (not my style at all). And second, and more importantly, I devoured them all! Here is the scoop: We stopped at a friend's house in Tennessee on the last leg of one of our cross country trips about 11 years ago and I had run out of books. She gave me three of Deveraux's books in the Montgomery series and I kindly too ...more
Farah
The characters had no flavor and they were sorta of annoying too. Chris was like a spoiled child .. throwing tantrums all over the place .. nagging and crying .. she didn't act like the mature woman we were told she was. Tynan wasn't interesting and I got real sick of hearing his excuses .. the plot was alright but the characters just made the whole thing too unbelievable and boring.
Heike
Jude Deveraux must have had a bad day when she wrote this ...

This book was plain weird. I've read all but three or four of Jude Deveraux' books, some of them are quite cheesy, some a bit over the top, but most of them are romantic page turners and all made me stay with the characters until their last embrace *sigh*

THIS book, though, "The Temptress", is the first one I quit reading after 45 pages. I was trying to forgive the really unbelievable beginning (he jumps out of the wardrobe, grabs her n
Blodeuedd Finland
Another one for the translations suck pile. I just, omg, the first page was so bad.
Christine
Christiana is a newspaper reporter in the late 1800's, at a time when women didn't have careers, least of all careers putting them in so much danger. Tyman is the man hired by her wealthy father to guide her through the rainforests of Washington State and back hope, Along the way, she's supposed to fall in love with Asher Prescott, a man of her own class who is after her father's money.

Well, of course, she's going to fall for the handsome Tyman. Who wouldn't? He's dark, handsome, capable, and he
Kimberly
A curious news reporter Christina Montgomery lived in the late 18th century when women didn't have many choices except marry. At 28 she had a life of travel and adventure. Her father sent two men to bring her home. The one she fell in love with Tyson, an orphaned gunslinger who grew up in great poverty in a whorehouse. A beautiful man who tried to resist Chris because she was a good girl. As he and Prescott, the good guy, Chris thinks her father sent Chris home as one adventure after another occ ...more
Jen
Chris Math is on is a famous writer who deliberately gets herself in trouble so she can write about it. When her father decides its time for her to come home, he sends two men to get her. Asher Prescott is the man that is chosen to be her husband and Tynan is the gunslinger her father got out of prison to escort them home. Chris never does anything she's supposed to so instead of falling in love with Asher, its Tynan who captures her heart. In an intriguing mix of humor and action, Chris sets ou ...more
Red Austin
It is indeed very fun to read and I will definitely recommend this to those who are finding a light-read novel. Full of action, adventure, passion, and romance is simply the best combination of genres a book could ever had. It just kept your heart pounding out of your throat so much. This was the book I read the fastest for I just can't put it down! It really is an amazing journey I felt coming through the story while reading it heartily.

I think what worked for me was when the both of them knew
Neringa Neringiukas
I love this book. This is that book which hooked me in this world. Made be obsessive reader. I don't remember how many times I read it. More then 10 it's for sure. Oh, old good times. It making me wish to go into this story again.

You need to read this. You will love it.
Sami C
When I was a little fourteen-year-old in high school, one of my classmates showed me the collection of Jude Deveraux novels in the library. Why books like these are available to teenagers in a Catholic school is beyond me, but I borrowed them one by one. This book, The Temptress, is the only one that I can remember reading. Maybe it is the heartfelt adventures of Christian and Tynan that stood out to me, or the love scenes were especially steamy. I don't know. But I liked this book the best--obv ...more
Karina Kozubik
Es la primer novela que leì, y la que me hizo enamorarme de la lectura. Es una historia muy linda, con mucha aventura y un poco pesada de leer. Pero si hoy en día puedo recitarla de memoria, vale la pena leerlo.
Christy
I was disappointed. I read several Jude Deveraux books around 18 years ago and I had fond memories of them. This didn't live up to those memories. I'm not sure if it's me or the book.
Sharon
Four stars, not because it's an outstanding novel but because I get so much pleasure out of reading her books! She brings a smile to my face and a lightness to my heart. Good story, great author.
Diane
A good historical, fictional romance novel. The author was able to make the characters come alive in her descriptions; however, I wasn't quite sure of how "real" the main characters--Tynan and Christiana--could've been. I guess that's what ficitional stories are all about--creating what could never be in the real world.

I was a little afraid that it wasn't going to end well, and I'm glad that the author found a way to bring things around.
Lisarenee
Fun read about an heiress whose father decides she needs to get married as she's 28. Living independently as a popular journalist bent on the righting of wrongs Christiana finds herself being kidnapped by two men her father has chosen. One to protect her and the other he hopes she'll marry. Set in wild west.
Tatrd
Christiana MAthison aka Nola Dallas & Tynan

She's a reporter whos dad just wants her to settle down so he hires a gunslinger and a "pretty boy" to escort her home but they get in loads of trouble along the way.
Charlene Vertefeuille
I have read this bookmany times, always wonderful...action packed. Bad boy really trying to be good in love with the good girl but won't admit it story. Love Jude Devereux.
Karen Hogan
Read this frontier romance back in 2002. Thumbs down to this most contrived romance ever written. Couldnt bear to finish it, and I usually loved Jude Devereux's romances.
Niki
I always love Jude Deveraux's books because they are quick, fun and easy to read romances.
Linda
From the title I don't think I was expecting the story I got but overall enjoyable.
Ta Ta Ta Tia
I didn't hate it, but I guess these old time romance novels aren't really my style.
Pam
This is a western story. Not my favorite setting but still enjoyable.
Dahlia Mrd
I love Jude's work but this one needed something more... Still a good read
Mary L. W. Rhage
I love all Jude Deveraux books and this was great.....
huladancer
Great book. Enjoyed this book.
E_northman
Jul 26, 2010 E_northman rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romantics, cowboys
A typical Deveraux romance.
Ty
wow, I cant believe I have read all of these books. I love Jude's characters.
  • A Holiday of Love (Westmoreland, #3.5)
  • The Duke (Regency, #4)
  • Once a Princess (Cardinia's Royal Family, #1)
  • Beguiled (Clan Mackenzie, #4)
  • The Clayborne Brides: One Pink Rose, One White Rose, One Red Rose
  • Fires of Paradise (Bragg Saga, #5)
  • Veils of Silk (Silk Trilogy, #3)
  • Anywhere You Are
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo
More about Jude Deveraux...

Montgomery/Taggert (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Black Lyon
  • The Duchess
  • The Raider (Montgomery/Taggert, #4)
  • Mountain Laurel
  • Sweet Liar
  • Wishes
  • The Princess
  • Eternity
  • Someone to Love
  • The Heiress (Montgomery/Taggart, #11)
A Knight in Shining Armor The Black Lyon The Velvet Promise Highland Velvet Velvet Angel