Blank-133x176
Track Of The White Wolf

Jennifer Roberson

Track Of The White Wolf (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #4)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  1,024 ratings  ·  11 reviews
"Dämonen! Gestaltwandler!" So rief man ihnen lange Zeit hinterher. Vormals galten die Cheysuli als die Getreuesten des Königs von Homana. In Gestalt von Wölfen oder Falken dienten sie ihm mit ihrer Magie. Doch seit einer der ihren eine Prinzessin entführte, nehmen die Kämpfe aller Art kein Ende.

Niall, Prinz von Homana, ist in den Augen der Cheysuli kein gültiger Erbe - er...more
Published (first published January 1st 1997)

Leslie Wiederspan
This one was not one of my favorites. Niall is a whiny, self-centered brat. Over half of the book is him going on and on about how he doesnt want and doesnt deserve the throne. Hes not worthy, not good enough, hes only half a man because he is lirless, and so on. All he thinks about is himself, and I was happy when he was almost forgotten on Erinn after the shipwreck. I almost liked him when he had genuine feelings for Diedre, but then he went back to self-loathing. It made me happy to find out...more
Victoria
This fourth installment in the Chronicles of the Cheysuli series feels very reminiscent of the second book, The Song Of Homana. Told in the first person, Niall’s story has always been one of my favorites in the series. For me, this is one of the most memorable novels in the entire series, and its exciting events are ones that I haven’t forgotten. Niall’s feelings and the way he stands outside of his family gives this book more of a coming-of-age feel than any of the others. The romantic liaisons...more
Margo Berendsen
It's been years since I read this book, but something made me think of it the other day, and now I think I'm going to have to re-read and see if it still holds the magic that I remember from my early 20's.

I was intrigued by the world-building: shapeshifters living in an uneasy truce with the main society of this fantasy world.

But what really captivated me with the relationship between the shapeshifters and their lir (sort of like familiars, but much, much more).

I identified with Niall's fears...more
Richard Houchin
The Chronicles of the Cheysuli series is the first fantasy epic I read. In fact, it's one of the few series I read repeatedly, likely due to my young age and limited literary horizons.

Nevertheless, these books shaped my first views on philosophy, religion, sexuality, racism, and sexism. The responsible way Roberson handles these issues is inspiring and commendable.

On returning to read these books in later years, some of the characters and plot devices appear hackneyed and cliched, and some of t...more
Rachael
Stephanie
This series had so much potential, but it was so dang depressing after the first book. I got supremely tired of forced marriages and such all as part of fulfilling some prophecy. Isn't the point of prophecy that it's going to happen no matter what you do?
Caroline
One of my favorite fantasy series. I loved the complexity here, and the multi-generational story that was so immersive. There are some rough bits here and there, but it really is a satisfying story in many ways.
Alex
Again, a series I was completely hesitant to take on...specially after having loved the Dragonlance charcters so much...I never thought I would care again...but there you go. Great series.
Theresa
a beautiful story about family and growing into a legend
Joe
Very good world that Roberson builds here.
Christine
See my review of the first book, Shapechangers.
Rotar Ozana
Rotar Ozana marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Louise
Louise added it
Jul 11, 2014
W.A.
W.A. added it
Jun 30, 2014
Ruman
Ruman marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
  • The Dragon Token (Dragon Star, #2)
  • The Sun Sword (The Sun Sword, #6)
  • The Changeling (The Fey #2)
  • The Heir Apparent (Guardians of the Flame, #4)
  • The Hound and the Falcon
  • The Black Raven (The Dragon Mage, #2)
  • Dreamer's Dictionary
  • New Moon (The Oran Trilogy #1)
  • The Gift
  • The White Hart (Book of Isle, #1)
Jennifer Mitchell Roberson O'Green is an author of fantasy and historical literature. Roberson has lived in Arizona since 1957. She grew up in Phoenix, but in 1999 relocated to Flagstaff. She obtained a Bachelor of Science in journalism from Northern Arizona University. Roberson had spent her final semester in England at the University of London. This enabled her to do indepth research at castles...more
More about Jennifer Roberson...
Sword-Dancer (Tiger and Del, #1) Sword-Singer (Tiger and Del, #2) Shapechangers (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #1) Sword-Breaker (Tiger and Del, #4) Sword-Maker (Tiger and Del, #3)