Start by marking “Yurara, Vol. 5” as Want to Read:
Yurara, Vol. 5

Yurara, Vol. 5 (Yurara #5)

• A 5-volume manga series
• The first two volumes of Yurara have already sold through 12k units in the U.S. to date.
• Originally serialized in Japan’s manga anthology Bessatsu Hana to Yume
• Inspired merchandise in Japan: book card, QUO card, telephone card
• Previewed and promoted in Shojo Beat magazine!
• A supernatural love story!
• Translated into Chinese, Korean & Tha
Published June 3rd 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Yurara, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yurara, Vol. 5

Lisa
May 18, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
Review of the series as a whole: pretty fun, and obviously compelling since I read the entire thing in one sitting. It starts out a bit strange and difficult to follow but I had a handle on what was going on by the first chapter of the second volume. I like ghost stories in general and this is kind of a ghost story, sorta, so that might account for my liking it as much as I did. I do have one strong opinion that is apparently rather unpopular: (view spoiler) ...more
Miss
Nov 08, 2014 Miss rated it it was ok
mmm alright

the trouble with this series is its' central conflict never made any sense

because yurara and her guardian were so clearly different distinct people i never understood how mei and yako could act as though either was responsible for the feelings of the other

they are visually differentiated! yako explicitly acknowledges the presence of yurara's 'other self'! WHAT ARE YOU TWO EVEN ANGSTING ABOUT?

i did like the final message about believing in yourself tho

Mely
Feb 14, 2011 Mely marked it as read-seq-art
Finally achieves some power in the final volume, but follow-up series Rasetsu is still much better.
Marie
Jan 22, 2016 Marie rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2013
Bintang 3.
Book 5 of 5.

Kekacauan percintaan dalam hidupnya membuat Yurara terpukul. Yurara merasa dirinya melukai Mei dan Yakou sekaligus sehingga Yurara sakit memikirkannya. Dilain pihak Yakou bertekad untuk merebut dan memiliki Yurara. Mei sendiri saat melihat kondisi Yurara yg tertekan akhirnya mengalah dan memutuskan hubungan cintanya dengan Yurara. Sedangkan "Yurara" sang roh pelindung akhirnya sadar kalau dia menyebabkan kekacauan yg sangat besar dalam hidup Yurara dan sadar kalau yg sudah
Ceejay
Sep 16, 2016 Ceejay rated it it was amazing
This wonderful horror/romance by Chika Shiomi comes to a perfect conclusion in the fifth volume of this series. No hints. No clues. I just promise that Ms. Shiomi has taken an enjoyably complicated story and steered it a perfect ending that should please all the fans of this manga. I'm so glad that I read Yurara! I'm so glad that Chika Shiomi wrote it!
Estara
Apr 04, 2013 Estara rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, read-in-2013
Hannah
Sep 05, 2014 Hannah rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Series Review: A very short and interesting manga Yurara is great for a quick read. The characters are funny and entertaining but the plot is unique but not very gripping. It focuses mainly on the love story. It actually is a prequel for the manga Rasetsu's Flower which is set in at a later time. Over all it is good for a quick read but not anything groundbreaking.
Beck
Kind of cheesy.

I like the idea of a short series (only 5 volumes), but I'm not sure this story worked well in that timeframe...too short, too long, I'm not really sure. Then again, maybe I just needed to reread volumes 1-4 before starting on this one. (I did scan through 3 and reread all of 4 to get back into it, but....)
Lucia
Oct 29, 2013 Lucia rated it really liked it
This series shouldn't be over, five volumes is too short and the story suffered for it, in being too rushed and not as developed as it could have. The author really did an amazing job having us fall in love with these characters and believing in their relationships in such a short span of time. I enjoyed the entire series and am looking forward to reading more for this author!
Nisha
At the end of reading this, I am no longer interested in the Yurara, the dumb girl and Mei couple. But I was fascinated by Yurara, the powerful spirit and Yako. They were tragic and beautiful and by far, much more interesting. So... I'm more interested in reading the next series. This one kinda fell flat for me.
Solace Winter
Sep 05, 2012 Solace Winter rated it really liked it
What I liked about the final book in this series is that they didn't try to go with a very contrived ending. It ended in the best way it could for all parties without forcing a better ending because it's a teen romance. Very well done!
Brianna
Jul 16, 2015 Brianna rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
THIS SERIES WAS AWESOME! I loved how all the main characters had supernatural powers and all helped each other with them. For me personally, I didn't find that the love triangle wasn't as cheesy as I expected. A great series to try out!
William
Mar 11, 2010 William rated it really liked it
It was cool when Yurara learned to harness her own spiritual powers. It has inspired me to try to do the same: if you are reading this, may all your evil demons be banished to the great beyond!
Elizabeth
Aug 12, 2009 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Fun manga series, and this is the end of it. I love when you get to the end of a book and the story is all wrapped up so you don't have to worry about finding the next one.
Abby
Jul 13, 2016 Abby rated it liked it
The whole series was ok I guess. It started out good and it was pretty funny and interesting. I did not really care for the ending though, especially for Yako.
Kenley
Mar 24, 2009 Kenley rated it it was amazing
i love love loved it!!! it was like, the best ending possible! it ended just like i wanted it to, which is awesome. mei and yurara are soo cute together! i <3 mei!!
Roberta Moeschter
Dec 11, 2013 Roberta Moeschter rated it liked it
Okay series. It was sort of a hokey ending; very quick wrap up to everything in the past 4 volumes.
Misty
Misty rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2013
Lisa Williamson
Lisa Williamson rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2012
Clara Flanagan
Clara Flanagan rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2010
Alice
Alice rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2012
Aurora
Aurora rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2014
Phoenix
Phoenix rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2010
Yulia Pertiwi
Yulia Pertiwi rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2014
Devi
Devi rated it liked it
May 09, 2010
Mia
Mia rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2011
T
T rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Kah Cherub
Kah Cherub rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2011
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2011
  • Tenshi Ja Nai!! (I'm No Angel), Volume 4
  • Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2)
  • A Devil and Her Love Song, Vol. 7 (A Devil and Her Love Song, #7)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 3 (Wild Ones, #3)
  • Mugen Spiral, Vol. 02
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 6
  • Yoroshiku Master, Vol. 01
  • Beauty is the Beast, Vol. 1
Chika Shiomi has an amazing talent for depicting chilling and provocative horror stories that appeal to both shojo and shonen readers. Having created manga since 1993, starting with short stories in Akita Shoten's Mystery Bonita magazine, she has had a bountiful career of publishing both long-running series and short stories that have become popular both in Japan and abroad. Shiomi-sensei loves to ...more
More about Chika Shiomi...

Yurara (5 books)