Start by marking “Pretty Boy (Sam Jones, #7)” as Want to Read:
Pretty Boy (Sam Jones, #7)

Pretty Boy (Sam Jones #7)

It's New Year's Eve in the quiet English village of Lesser Swinfold, and sculptress Sam Jones has arrived to celebrate the holiday with her old friend Tom, who teaches primary school and lives in a rustic bed-and-breakfast. Sam is not in for a relaxing vacation, though. Hugo, Sam's city-loving boyfriend, is vexed to no end that they had to leave London for the countryside ...more
Published September 24th 2002 by Three Rivers Press (first published 2001)

Margaret
Okay, now I'm even more annoyed that Henderson stopped writing these, because Pretty Boy, while it wraps up its central mystery reasonably well, leaves Sam, our heroine, in a distinctly bad place in her personal life, growing out of some choices she made during the course of the book. I thought what Henderson was doing in exploring Sam's character, her reluctance to make commitments, and her relationship with her boyfriend, Hugo, was really interesting, but it just seemed like an odd place to le ...more
Kirsty Darbyshire
I've yet to read the first two books in this series; which means I'm scouring used bookshops for them and hoping they get reprinted soon. Of the last five that I have read (and I think I'm up to date with the series now) the last two installments are the best.

Sam heads out of London to spend the new year in the country and we find ourselves in the middle of what could be a traditional English country village mystery as Sam's friend Tom, as the "outsider", is accused of the village murder. The m

Margaret
Sep 12, 2008 Margaret rated it really liked it
Shelves: authors-gh
Sara
Mar 28, 2009 Sara rated it liked it
This is the last of the Sam Jones novels, which I enjoyed rather a lot. Although I just re-read one today and realized they don't really age very well. They are pretty specific to the mid-90's - early 2000s. But Sam is a smart and tough woman who goes around making art and solving mysteries.
They're pretty much brain candy.
Melinda
Jan 06, 2010 Melinda rated it liked it
I've enjoyed the Sam Jones mystery books, though they are light reading and London Chick-Lit with a twist. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the chick-lit out there but I liked these. They were fun, though definitely specific to the time period as another reviewer mentioned.
Lei
Nov 07, 2012 Lei rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought the book from a secondhand bookstore. The cover didn't really attract me. But when I read it, it wasn't bad. It's interesting with the killer and all. I was sad about her and Tom though.
Lucie Simone
Apr 07, 2011 Lucie Simone rated it really liked it
A really fun mystery with a kick ass heroine!
Winifred
did enjoy this book but sam is left in a quandary about her lefe.
caitlin
Apr 08, 2011 caitlin rated it really liked it
I love this series and am very sad that "Pretty Boy" is the last one. Sam Jones is a heroine that I would enjoy spending more time with!
Michelle
Sep 30, 2008 Michelle rated it liked it
I forgot I read this one until I picked it up again. I think I've read all of Henderson's books involving Sam Jones. I guess it's because I like to read about England settings.
Hodan
Jul 12, 2009 Hodan rated it did not like it
i stopped half way b/c i lost interest, there was no point in finishing it. the story line was incredibly dull. i give it .5 stars.
Wealhtheow
Jul 02, 2007 Wealhtheow rated it liked it
Shelves: battle-of-wits
Sam Jones, sculpter, free-spirit and hard-ass, is embroiled in yet another mystery. Meanwhile, her tempestuous relationship with her hot actor boyfriend is no longer as easy as she likes.
Pinar Gungor
Jul 25, 2014 Pinar Gungor rated it it was ok
Adina kanip chick-lit sanmistim, garip bir dedektif tarzi roman cikti.
Karise
Karise rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Carolyn Raship
Carolyn Raship rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2008
Mustafa Acungil
Mustafa Acungil rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Katherine
Katherine rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2012
Bladeandroses
Bladeandroses rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2016
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2007
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2012
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2008
Sharron
Sharron rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2014
Deb
Deb rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2007
Dick Maarten
Dick Maarten rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2008
Valissa
Valissa rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2010
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2014
Book
Book rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Revenge of the Cootie Girls (Robin Hudson, #3)
  • Jade Woman (Lovejoy, #12)
  • Bad to the Bone
  • Third Man Out (Donald Strachey, #4)
  • Burying Ariel (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #7)
  • Mumbo Gumbo (Madeline Bean, #5)
  • The Hydrogen Murder (Periodic Table, #1)
  • Jeremy Thrane
  • Tart Noir
  • Dandy Gilver and the Proper Treatment of Bloodstains (Dandy Gilver, #5)
  • Liar (Irene Kelly, #6)
  • Nick's Trip
  • The Good Thief's Guide to Paris (Good Thief's Guide, #2)
  • Dead Water (Roderick Alleyn, #23)
  • Pisces Rising (Elizabeth Chase, #4)
  • Zen Attitude (Rei Shimura, #2)
  • Fen Country:  Twenty-Six Stories Featuring Gervase Fen (Gervase Fen, #11)
Born in London in 1966, Lauren Henderson read English at university and then worked as a journalist for - among other publications - the New Statesman, Marxism Today, the Observer and Lime Lizard, a much-mourned indie music magazine. Lauren now divides her time between Italy and London and, when not wine-tasting, writes full-time.
More about Lauren Henderson...

Sam Jones (7 books)
  • Dead White Female (Sam Jones, #1)
  • Too Many Blondes (Sam Jones, #2)
  • Black Rubber Dress (Sam Jones, #3)
  • Freeze My Margarita (Sam Jones, #4)
  • Strawberry Tattoo (Sam Jones, #5)
  • Chained (Sam Jones, #6)