Pretty Boy (Sam Jones, #7)

Pretty Boy (Sam Jones #7)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  14 reviews
It�s New Year�s Eve in the quiet English village of Lesser Swinfold, and sculptress Sam Jones has arrived to celebrate the holiday with her old friend Tom, who teaches primary school and lives in a rustic bed-and-breakfast. Sam is not in for a relaxing vacation, though. Hugo, Sam�s city-loving boyfriend, is vexed to no end that they had to leave London for the countr...more
Published September 24th 2002 by Three Rivers Press (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Boy

Margaret
Okay, now I'm even more annoyed that Henderson stopped writing these, because Pretty Boy, while it wraps up its central mystery reasonably well, leaves Sam, our heroine, in a distinctly bad place in her personal life, growing out of some choices she made during the course of the book. I thought what Henderson was doing in exploring Sam's character, her reluctance to make commitments, and her relationship with her boyfriend, Hugo, was really interesting, but it just seemed like an odd place to le...more
Kirsty Darbyshire
I've yet to read the first two books in this series; which means I'm scouring used bookshops for them and hoping they get reprinted soon. Of the last five that I have read (and I think I'm up to date with the series now) the last two installments are the best.

Sam heads out of London to spend the new year in the country and we find ourselves in the middle of what could be a traditional English country village mystery as Sam's friend Tom, as the "outsider", is accused of the village murder. The m

Margaret
Pinar
Adina kanip chick-lit sanmistim, garip bir dedektif tarzi roman cikti.
Sara
This is the last of the Sam Jones novels, which I enjoyed rather a lot. Although I just re-read one today and realized they don't really age very well. They are pretty specific to the mid-90's - early 2000s. But Sam is a smart and tough woman who goes around making art and solving mysteries.
They're pretty much brain candy.
Melinda
I've enjoyed the Sam Jones mystery books, though they are light reading and London Chick-Lit with a twist. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the chick-lit out there but I liked these. They were fun, though definitely specific to the time period as another reviewer mentioned.
Lei
I bought the book from a secondhand bookstore. The cover didn't really attract me. But when I read it, it wasn't bad. It's interesting with the killer and all. I was sad about her and Tom though.
Wealhtheow
Sam Jones, sculpter, free-spirit and hard-ass, is embroiled in yet another mystery. Meanwhile, her tempestuous relationship with her hot actor boyfriend is no longer as easy as she likes.
Michelle
I forgot I read this one until I picked it up again. I think I've read all of Henderson's books involving Sam Jones. I guess it's because I like to read about England settings.
Bookgirl89
i stopped half way b/c i lost interest, there was no point in finishing it. the story line was incredibly dull. i give it .5 stars.
caitlin
I love this series and am very sad that "Pretty Boy" is the last one. Sam Jones is a heroine that I would enjoy spending more time with!
Winifred
did enjoy this book but sam is left in a quandary about her lefe.
Lucie Simone
A really fun mystery with a kick ass heroine!
Leigh
Pretty Boy by Lauren Henderson (2001)
Raluca
Raluca marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Shawnda
Shawnda marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Caylee Hohnberger
Caylee Hohnberger marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Aditya Mair
Aditya Mair marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Rachel Sherman
Rachel Sherman marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Born in London in 1966, Lauren Henderson read English at university and then worked as a journalist for - among other publications - the New Statesman, Marxism Today, the Observer and Lime Lizard, a much-mourned indie music magazine. Lauren now divides her time between Italy and London and, when not wine-tasting, writes full-time.
More about Lauren Henderson...
Girls' Night In Kiss Me Kill Me (Scarlett Wakefield, #1) Flirting in Italian (Flirting in Italian #1) Kisses and Lies (Scarlett Wakefield, #2) Kiss in the Dark (Scarlett Wakefield, #3)