Start by marking “You and No Other (St. Briac, #1)” as Want to Read:
You and No Other (St. Briac, #1)

You and No Other (St. Briac #1)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  235 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
"I find that I am in love with Mademoiselle de Fleurance," said St. Briac to the King. "I came here to ask her to be my wife."

What a thrill to hear those words from him! Yet Aimee was certain that he spoke them out of pity, not love. St. Briac knew that only his own marriage proposal could keep the king from seducing her -- a fate she was desperate to avoid.

Aimee tried to
Mass Market Paperback, 342 pages
Published July 12th 1984 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about You and No Other, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You and No Other

Leslie Parrish
Dec 13, 2011 Leslie Parrish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I first read You And No Other many years ago, when it was released in paperback form. It has always been on my “top five” romance novel list. In recent years, with the explosion of older titles being re-released in e-book form, I’ve had a chance to revisit some of those older titles. Sadly, out of my “top five” list, this book is the only one that kept its spot.

When I sit and wonder why this book was so special, then and now, I know it comes down to the hero. Yes, the French setting in the cour
Mhollie
Nov 13, 2011 Mhollie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cynthia-wright
This is a fantastic book. I read in 1984 when it came out and I must have read it 10 times since then. I love the banter between Aimee & St. Briac and how she drives him to distraction with her crazy schemes. I like to think of this book as a historical romance with a comedy of errors on the side. St. Briac is one of my favorite romantic heroes. I even copied their wedding bands for my wedding. "Tu et nul autre, pour jamais". I just can't say enough good things about this book! Can't wait to ...more
Shauni
Oct 08, 2012 Shauni rated it it was amazing
You and No Other is the Crown Jewel in Cynthia Wright’s illustrious writing career. As a Romance Novel it fulfills all the requirements A Hero to die for, a stubborn Heroine. Great secondary characters (If one can call France’s most charismatic King a secondary character), forces willing to keep the couple apart, Court Intrigue, Family Dynamics and oh yeah a glorious setting. Re Reading this book almost 30 years after it was written did not diminish the sheer wonder of the story.

Thomas Mardouet,
Carol Storm
Sep 21, 2011 Carol Storm rated it it was amazing
After making a name for herself with a brilliant series of American Colonial love stories, Seventies romance giant Cynthia Wright turned to Medieval France for inspiration.

With her striking black hair and green eyes, Aimee de Fleurance was a magnet for unsuitable suitors. Yet when she ran away from home disguised as a page boy, she soon met the most irresistable and absolutely unsuitable suitor of all!

Set in France in the 1500's, this book contains all of Cynthia Wright's trademarks. The heroi
Lorelle
Jun 25, 2011 Lorelle rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: wants to read a fantastic historical romance
Recommended to Lorelle by: Lilly Bart
A delightful love story set in Renaissance France during the reign of King Francois 1. I enjoyed the laughter that the two main characters often shared. Thomas is now one of my favorite heros.
Shauni

Thomas Mardouet,
Karen
After reading a positive review of You, and No Other I decided to pick this one up from the Kindle Store. This title has just been re-vamped as an ebook I believe and at only $0.99 is well worth the read.

An era that I love to read about (the year is 1532), I enjoyed reading a little more about the French Court of this era.

At times I felt quite concerned that this couple were going to get their HEA and felt at times I could easily bump their heads together.

A lovely read though and I'm looking fo
Debbie
Feb 25, 2012 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Fabulous, fabulous book! Loved the banter between Thomas and Aimee. Loved the story. Can't say enough about it. Historical fiction books are one of my favorite genres (spellig) of books. Especially when there is a budding romance involved.
Kari
Loved Thomas and Aimee! This is an oldie, but it hasn't lost its charm. It was different for me since the story takes place in France instead of England. Loved the descriptions and the romance. The new cover is also very nice:)
Anna Markland
Feb 17, 2012 Anna Markland rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this lush, descriptive romance, set in the reign of Francois I of France. Well researched and fun to read. Very appealing hero. Glad Cynthia has reissued this book digitally.
Chris
Jul 20, 2014 Chris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romancy, read-in-2012
This was a fantastic read!!
Nikki Bywater
Sep 26, 2012 Nikki Bywater rated it it was amazing
This is a historical romance novel, set in the reign of King Francois in France in the sixteenth century.

To escape an arranged marriage Aimee De Fleurance runs away to join the court of King Francois. It was actually her sister Honorine who had been invited to court by the King and Aimee has sneakily taken her place. Once Aimee arrives she must try and avoid been discovered by the King. When Thomas (St Briac) recognises Aimee from an earlier meeting, he agrees to help Aimee, but when the King go
Lori McD

A bit syrupy sweet for my taste, but overall, a fun romp of a historical romance. This tale is set in 1526, when Francois I (King of France) has just been returned from being held by Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor and ruler of Spain. Charles and Francois don't see eye-to-eye on the Bourbon district, taken back by France in a recent war. But Charles isn't just letting Francois go; it's an exchange - Francois' 2 eldest sons (8 and 6 respectively) are to go to Spain under guard in Francois'
Marisa
Jan 31, 2012 Marisa rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Sandra Bird
Starts stronger

Beginning plot is strong. However as plot progresses there is a decided rushed conclusion. So much potential but then turns into a readers digest edited version. Characters become rather flat with little substance or dimension. So much promise but what follows does not live up to expectation. Is this because it is an ebook edited version or just the original itself?
Juliea Q Smith
Oct 26, 2014 Juliea Q Smith rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. It would have been a five star book if wasn't quite so long. The misunderstandings between the hero and heroine was way too drawn out and so easily solved by a little honesty. Overall a good read, though.
Cathy Grant
Apr 24, 2015 Cathy Grant rated it really liked it
Read it long long ago, remember it fondly.
Samie Kauchis
Jun 01, 2012 Samie Kauchis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
Loved this book. It really sends you on an emotional rollercoaster and reminded me of Bertrice Small's writing. Aimee and St. Briac were engaging and smartly written... Plus all the secondary characters were well thought out too. I'll definitely look for more from this author.
Lynn
Kindle freebie.
I am not a huge fan of most historical romance novels with only a few exceptions. This was not one of them. It seemed fairly typical for its genre.
Lisa
Aug 05, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Thomas and Aimee! This is another great story by Cynthia Wright.
Donette
Apr 19, 2012 Donette rated it it was ok
Too many French words and it was a bit cheesy.
Thi
Apr 07, 2013 Thi rated it it was ok
I just couldn't get into it.
Gabrielle
Gabrielle marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Beth Harrelson
Beth Harrelson marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
norma will
norma will marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
judith berry
judith berry rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Colleen Davis
Colleen Davis marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
norm groux
norm groux marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Pali White
Pali White marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Oct 01, 2015 08:15PM
  • Dangerous Obsession
  • The Flesh and the Devil
  • Desire in Disguise
  • The Taming (Cameron, #1)
  • Taming Her Irish Warrior
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • Never Seduce A Scoundrel (Foxe Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • A Wild Night's Bride (The Devil DeVere #1)
  • Fires of Destiny
  • A Rose at Midnight
  • To Love a Scoundrel (Law and Disorder, #4)
  • Echoes in the Mist
  • An Unmistakable Rogue (Rogues Club, #3)
  • Lady Of Fire (Fire, #1)
  • Dream a Little Dream
  • The Rogue Pirate's Bride (The Sons of the Revolution, #3)
  • The Following Sea (Dante Pirates, #3)
  • Crimson Rapture
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cynthia Wright says:
Because so many readers have asked, "In what order should I read the Beauvisage & Raveneau books?" - here is that oft-requested list!
Although the titles stand alone, these two series intertwine with some characters crossing over, and many readers enjoy them in chronological order:
1781 - SILVER STORM
1783 - CAROLINE
1789 - TOUCH
More about Cynthia Wright...

St. Briac (2 books)
  • A Battle for Love (St. Briac, #2)