From Clutter to Clarity: Simplifying Life from the Inside Out

From Clutter to Clarity: Simplifying Life from the Inside Out

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The secret to clarity (spiritual, emotional, physical, and financial) is about more than clearing out closets, drawers, and boxes of receipts. From Clutter to Clarity will help you clean house—inside and out. Questions for personal reflection or group discussion included.
Published October 1st 2007 by Standard Publishing

To ask other readers questions about From Clutter to Clarity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Clutter to Clarity

Kayla
In her book From Clutter to Clarity, Nancy Twigg uses two somewhat unique approaches to this topic. First off, she talks about how clutter is an issue of the heart. Many times it is rooted in discontent, fear, insecurity, or similar emotions. So, to tackle the outward clutter issues, we have to tackle the inward clutter issues. Secondly, she discusses how clutter is not just stuff, but it is also in our schedules – are we doing too many things? It is also in our finances – do we lack a budget, h...more
MaryBliss
A basic book on simplifying life from a Christian woman's perspective. Mostly aimed at helping women discern the essential and worthwhile from the noisy and busy. It's a good starter book for exploring the topic. It goes beyond just the how to "get rid of stuff" and discusses the principles and ideals behind leading a simpler life led by one's inner committments rather than the demands and expectations of life around you.

Read this first, then read Richard Foster's "Celebration of Discipline".

Camille
I thought from the title that this book would be more about de-cluttering your home, but the was really a lot more about de-cluttering your life. The book was about keeping spiritual things first and managing finances by being good stewards of what you already have. The book had a lot of good insights, but not really anything I have not heard before mostly just a reminder of what is really important.
Paula
Nancy is a great speaker and this is a very motivational book. I did find myself skimming the book but only because after hearing her speak on 2 different occasions, I felt I had already 'heard' what I was reading.

This is a great book for a mom who feels like she is being pulled in 10 different directions while trying to please everyone.
Rebecca
This book tackles the real issues behind the clutter--along with all the usual "how to declutter" tips. Probably the best decluttering kind of book I've ever read...either that or I'm at a point in my life when I'm really ready to take it to heart. :)
Lori
Sep 24, 2013 Lori rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013, faith
This was an easy read and reviewed some basic things for approaching all kinds of clutter from the Christian perspective. There were some good reminders in here, but this book is probably best for younger Christians.
Becky
The writing was very good. It was nice and very conversational. Not really many helpful hints in this book for actually removing clutter from your life. I have begun to think I need a book from the Duggers.
Carmie
This book is more a little Bible study about reducing clutter in all areas of your life from your possessions to technology etc. It's short and to the point. The theme is cast off all that hinders.
Leslie
Jul 23, 2010 Leslie added it
Shelves: chez-mama
Fun and helpful. Really helped me discern what I should keep or toss with the current move. . .I especially liked that the author was a yardsaler for fun! A kindred spirit.
Agnieszka
Agnieszka marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Risha
Risha added it
Aug 07, 2014
Kristie Lawrence
Kristie Lawrence marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Catherine Piepenbrink
Catherine Piepenbrink marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Lauren Flesher
Lauren Flesher marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Hilary
Hilary marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Celebrate Simply: Your Guide to Simpler, More Meaningful Holidays and Special Occasions From Clutter To Clarity