Start by marking “From Clutter to Clarity: Simplifying Life from the Inside Out” as Want to Read:
From Clutter to Clarity: Simplifying Life from the Inside Out

From Clutter to Clarity: Simplifying Life from the Inside Out

The secret to clarity (spiritual, emotional, physical, and financial) is about more than clearing out closets, drawers, and boxes of receipts. From Clutter to Clarity will help you clean house—inside and out. Questions for personal reflection or group discussion included.
Published October 1st 2007 by Standard Publishing

To ask other readers questions about From Clutter to Clarity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Clutter to Clarity

Kayla
Sep 21, 2011 Kayla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: simple-living
In her book From Clutter to Clarity, Nancy Twigg uses two somewhat unique approaches to this topic. First off, she talks about how clutter is an issue of the heart. Many times it is rooted in discontent, fear, insecurity, or similar emotions. So, to tackle the outward clutter issues, we have to tackle the inward clutter issues. Secondly, she discusses how clutter is not just stuff, but it is also in our schedules – are we doing too many things? It is also in our finances – do we lack a budget, h ...more
MaryBliss
Apr 20, 2010 MaryBliss rated it liked it
A basic book on simplifying life from a Christian woman's perspective. Mostly aimed at helping women discern the essential and worthwhile from the noisy and busy. It's a good starter book for exploring the topic. It goes beyond just the how to "get rid of stuff" and discusses the principles and ideals behind leading a simpler life led by one's inner committments rather than the demands and expectations of life around you.

Read this first, then read Richard Foster's "Celebration of Discipline".

Camille
Nov 07, 2009 Camille rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I thought from the title that this book would be more about de-cluttering your home, but the was really a lot more about de-cluttering your life. The book was about keeping spiritual things first and managing finances by being good stewards of what you already have. The book had a lot of good insights, but not really anything I have not heard before mostly just a reminder of what is really important.
Paula
Jan 21, 2010 Paula rated it really liked it
Nancy is a great speaker and this is a very motivational book. I did find myself skimming the book but only because after hearing her speak on 2 different occasions, I felt I had already 'heard' what I was reading.

This is a great book for a mom who feels like she is being pulled in 10 different directions while trying to please everyone.
Lori
Sep 24, 2013 Lori rated it it was ok
Shelves: faith, 2013
This was an easy read and reviewed some basic things for approaching all kinds of clutter from the Christian perspective. There were some good reminders in here, but this book is probably best for younger Christians.
Rebecca
May 31, 2011 Rebecca rated it really liked it
This book tackles the real issues behind the clutter--along with all the usual "how to declutter" tips. Probably the best decluttering kind of book I've ever read...either that or I'm at a point in my life when I'm really ready to take it to heart. :)
CMLiffengren
Oct 30, 2008 CMLiffengren rated it really liked it
This book is more a little Bible study about reducing clutter in all areas of your life from your possessions to technology etc. It's short and to the point. The theme is cast off all that hinders.
Becky
Oct 17, 2011 Becky rated it liked it
The writing was very good. It was nice and very conversational. Not really many helpful hints in this book for actually removing clutter from your life. I have begun to think I need a book from the Duggers.
Leslie
Jul 23, 2010 Leslie added it
Shelves: chez-mama
Fun and helpful. Really helped me discern what I should keep or toss with the current move. . .I especially liked that the author was a yardsaler for fun! A kindred spirit.
Sharla Hansen
Sharla Hansen rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2014
Aimee
Aimee rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2010
Kristina F
Kristina F rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2011
Gin Tadvick
Gin Tadvick rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Natalie
Natalie rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2011
Brooke Woosley
Brooke Woosley rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2012
Anne Marie
Anne Marie rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2015
Sherry
Sherry rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2013
C
C rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Eryn
Eryn rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2011
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2010
Candace
Oct 12, 2015 Candace rated it it was amazing
The absolute best book I have ever read on organization and simplifying your life. Excellent!
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2011
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2010
Louise Taberne
Louise Taberne rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2012
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2017