Parallel Lives - based on The Kathy and Mo Show.

Parallel Lives - based on The Kathy and Mo Show.

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In the opening scene, two Supreme Beings plan the beginning of the world with the relish of two slightly sadistic suburban wives decorating a living room. Once they ve decided on the color scheme of the races, a little concerned that white people will feel slighted being such a boring color, they create sex and the sexes. Afraid women will have too many advantages, the Bei...more
Published January 1st 1998 by Dramatists Play Service Inc

Jill
Jul 14, 2007 Jill rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: theater lovers
The Kathy and Mo Show is a hilarious play (collection of sketches) centered around 2 "superior beings" that are busy creating the universe. It's hilarious--figuring out who carries the baby. Decision: the female. But they figure the male will be jealous, so they throw in a few things to make childbirth less desirable--pain, mess, making the child come out thru a tiny portal. But does that make it even? Ok, give the men a monstrous ego, and that should balance the scales. A great read, even bette...more
Stuart
Super fun collection of short plays exploring the different kinds of modern woman. Very funny, and would probably be great material for a pair of gifted comedic actresses- or a group of actors and actresses. Ideal for colleges, was my first thought, where there are always plenty of actresses looking for interesting material. Also just a fun read. I laughed out loud numerous times while reading this.
Cathie
My daughter saw this as a duet several years ago (two sisters who were students) and she remembered it and wants to do it for duet this year. I'm so proud of her for choosing her own duet.
Adri
Extremely well-written comedy. Perhaps a bit outdated but such juicy characters that I just want to sink my teeth into. Well worth reading if you're interested in smart modern stage comedy.
Kate Thompson
directed, in college - 1998
NTG
NTG added it
Apr 07, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
Kaitlyn Pingrey
Kaitlyn Pingrey marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Janelle Zapiti
Janelle Zapiti marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Anne Armistead
Anne Armistead marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Standing on Ceremony: The Gay Marriage Plays Parallel Lives - based on The Kathy and Mo Show.